I left Online Review of my Surgeon @-@

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've continued to be more and more unhappy with the follow up and lack of communication. When I looked him up online Ha, when I thought my scar was awful and he'd treated me awful. There is a place to leave "comments" about how you rated the doctor. I gave him 2 stars only because of the easy parking and handicapped one floor offices. I don't know if they read those or not but I was the 3rd our of 3. The others ( a partner PA who had him to the surgery, not wordy ) Another guy saying "he's recommend for his good bedside manner" well, I almost spit the milk out of my nose! What? Those reviews were plants... but my review? I was close to calling him the Devil/Butcher. I didn't care if it bothered him, I just thought if people were looking for honest comments and not these great ones, they need to know not all his patients were so happy and I was one of them. I described everything bad he and his staff did. My incision that looked horrible, zig zag and had a dent in it. I don't think you were allowed to post photos. I'm going to check and see if the review is still there. Funny, how sometimes you feel so helpless and nobody listens or returns calls. It is empowering to write the truth. It's been long enough where I'm not acting on drugs, or knee jerk reaction. I've had 5 months to think about it. I felt GREAT!cool

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I went to page. His 5 stars are now a single gray one. There was another glowing review "as a personal friend and blah blah" All those people gave him 5 stars - and them with my 2 - the math changes. Also... I found a place to ADD PHOTOS!!!! I didn't lie or exaggerate nor photoshopped. I did a post op scar and a yesterday scar. This is to let people considering him as their surgeon, to probably think they'll get a second opinion. I have the whole comment section I'd made, and will place in word document so I can look back or paste back if mine gets deleted. but it's way too long. cool
    • Posted

So sorry this has happened to you. There are a few really bad doctors compared to all really the good ones.

My first hip doc was great. The second one not so much. He actually placed a implant with MOM small pieces. Metal on metal is known to cause fretting of dangerous metals in the blood stream & organs and in tissue causing pseudo tumors and even death since the 1970's.

6 weeks after the operation I found out thru the tv news that my hip implant was recalled by the manufacturer. The doctor would not respond to my phone calls for weeks. Finally he called me crying & very upset telling me how sorry he was and that I must have the implant removed ASAP. Then he left the state and opened a new practice. 

I found a review on his new practice site and left my review of what happened. The next day it was deleted. But I must admit I do feel that there should be a record of all doctors who do these implant surgeries kept by the medical review board to be made public for review for all types of prothesis implants on all doctors and all manufacturers made public. Adding what the problems are & with each of the better designed implants and all age groups. Englend, Ireland, New Zeland & Australia have 

a record of every surgery and with implants info on every doc for each year and all the individual details and which design lasts longer etc. on public record.

The US needs to do the same . It seems that the doctors are protected by big corporations today, makes it very hard to sue doctors for malpractice. I am in a Class action law suit against the manufacturer only. Can't afford to sue the dr. 

I sympathize with your situation and I hope that some day we can make doctors accountable and hopefully make a difference for many who have experienced a bad outcome.

We have to push for legislation thru our state congressman writing letters and petitions to accomplish records for all to see and open up the big $$$ manufactures to be responsible and accountable for their part in harming patients wilh poorly designed components and doctors who fail their patients. Higher standards need to be put in place thru government. I'm not holding my breath. 

Sorry to go on. So many have been injured unnecessarily from greed.

take care. In time the scar will recede . They usually do and there are laser treatments to help clear scar tissue . A good derm could help you .

Good  Luck

H4C

• Posted

Thanks! Usually on comment pages like this, the person that got the review can respond and clear up a problem, apologize, explain their rules... but I didn't see that. It's really bad because I went to look and see if it was still there. I had uploaded 2 photos with my comments. Now when you look him up. MY scar is at the top where before there was just a photo of his office. Wonder how that happened? Here is the screenshot, on Right side, you can see where my ugly post op scar is posted and Super Easy to see. I feel good that I had the guts. 
  • Posted

I'd do the same if I was not happy. Your scar is a part of you now and more care should be taken by the surgeon. I have a really thin neat scar which is not that noticable 7 weeks post op. I'm sorry you have not been treated well and other people should know before they have surgery.

Best wishes.

Sue x

• Posted

I wish I had a pretty scar. It comes up my thigh, curves to the right, and then takes a hard turn to the left, where some sort of depression is starting. I massage it twice a day - I just think it's horrible. Still, I have to live with this as my badge of courage and not let it change anything I'd normally used. I can show the post op and scar from yesterday - you'll see what I mean. Thanks Sue!
    • Posted

You know? I should be more appreciative that I live in a time where you can relieve your pain with this sort of surgery. I think of how many people suffered before this, how it crippled them, the pain they went through each day and I feel a bit ashamed for even complaining about a "scar" I think is ugly. That's shallow - I know, but I did speak my mind, and now that's over.
  • Posted

I am so so sorry that you had such a terrible experience. It all comes down to the doctor and his personality. My doctors name is James Hartford out of PAMF in Palo Alto. He is the BEST BEST with an incredible personality

Here is my scar and its only 2 weeks post op. This is how good this doctor is. I am absolutely pain free and walking with no assistance or devices and have full range of motion. I will be running again in 2 months and can't wait.

Good luck sweetie. I have one question for you. Did you do research on this doctor prior to surgery ??

Hugs for you

• Posted

"Nice scar" ;-) I did research. I went to the largest medical center in the area, the University w the Medical school, etc. I saw a doctor.. poor bedside manner who was like "well, what day is good for you?" I was sure to check for a #2 doctor. I asked a friend in the OR where I worked "who is the best ortho you can think of?" She told me Dr.K - so, went there for 2nd opinion. He was so nice, his PA was so nice. The PA even asked me who I saw first, I told him, and he rolled his eyes and said "He sure has a great bedside manner!" We are much more patient oriented and blah blah blah. So - this was my second opinion 
  • Posted

I've never even met my surgeon. One of his underlings told me he'd come in on the morning of the surgery and go over everything with me. Nope. He came in after I was knocked out, did his thing and left before I woke up. In my post-op visits so far, I have seen a different junior doctor each time (both of whom gave me conflicting information). I have another appointment on the 20th and don't expect to see him then, either. 
    • Posted

That's awful. I met my surgeon pre op and he visited me every day in hospital for my 3 day stay. I've just met him again at my 6 week appointment. Everyone should be treated like this. Really felt your anger it's disgraceful.

Wishing you the very best in your recovery.

Sue x

• Posted

That's a horrible way to be treated. Just don't absorb it. Don't let it eat at you. The bottom line is, you have ZERO control over this situation. Ask people on the forum if there are conflicts in orders or post op care.

I'm sorry, I hope one day you can look back, in no pain, and not let it leave such a internal scar as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.