Hip Hip Hooray !!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi All,

Just been for my 6 week check up and I've been given the all clear to drive, sleep on my side πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ and anything else, he was happy with but said i need some physio to give me confidence and wants me to try and start walking unaided, he's signed me off for another month to give me time to do this so happy days... cant wait to go to bed on my side tonight ! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ xxx

5 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Helen,

Hooray indeed, take it steady, and if it hurts, try the other side, sometimes it is better on one side than the other. I had 2 operations on my left leg, and it was easier on different sides after each operation.

Graham - πŸš€πŸ’ƒ

• Posted

I'm 5 months post op and it still hurts to sleep on my side. I guess everyone is different, I'm getting used to sleeping on my back. I also heard if you sleep with your face in the pillow, it will cause wrinkles. ( plastic surgeon told me ) Β So, there is a bit of benefit from sleeping on your back. If you're comfortable on your side after 6 weeks that's awesome!!
    • Posted

Well to be honest I had a rubbish nights sleep with pain in my knees, think i walked so much so i couldn't get comfy anywhere, try again tonight xxxx
    • Posted

It might take awhile... the tissue is still probably healing and causing the discomfort. The two pillows between my legs helped when I slept on my side, but getting them in and out if not so fun. I also had knee problems and lower back pain. The Physical Therapist told me "the back bone's connected to the hip bone, the hip bone's connected to the leg bone, the leg bone's connected to the knee bone" That the muscles you are using to get the hip stronger, also work on your knees to help strengthen them. Never seemed to work for me. Perhaps someone has a better answer about the knee pain. Also, I have a bit of a limp and I swear my right leg is shorter than my left one with the hip. We're all so different. I got those Icy Hot patches and put them on my knees and they helped, I wore an ace bandage on the one that hurt the worst. Just when you think all this time has passed and you feel like you should be totally back to your normal self. I heard 12-16 months before you really feel healed.Β 
    • Posted

Hiya luvinlex,

Yes I heard it takes that long to heal, i have aching muscles everywhere today from the walking I dont yesterday, to be expected i know as ive not walked that far for 6 weeks !

As they say.. time is a healer ..

Xxx

• Posted

I have a new warning, don't do... I put a pillow on my coffee table, with a pillow, put my legs straight out and laptop was in good place.. then, I tried to get my legs off the pillow and wow, did that ever hurt. Like my knees were locked..Β 
    • Posted

Ouch ! Will remember not to do that ! Hope you're ok now ? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.