Bank holiday road trip !

Posted , 8 users are following.

Decided to make the most of the good weather and managing to finish work at lunchtime - heading 'up north' to Lancashire area to where my family are - from Brighton - I'm not driving , partner is -I've put my seat back as far as it will go , got my trusty MF cushion and taken paracetamol and ibuprofen ( which I'd stopped) so wish me luck ! Attending my nephews first holy communion tomorrow and visiting my tragic older brother who has spent the last 4 months in hospital and moved to a nursing home last weekend - haven't seen him since the week before my op when we did a flying visit.

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Bini have an awsome Mothers day! Hope your getting more mobile and enjoying the opportunity too be pain free.

I am 5 weeks post op and enjoying doing some of the things I have put off before because of the pain involved in doing them.

mostly yard work so not too big of a deal, but yay!

• Posted

Thankyou Josh - even yard work or doing the garden as we call it in uk is fun when you haven't been able to do it for months ! At 5 weeks that's really good - at that stage I was still pointing with my stick and delegating to others - sounds like you are doing really well xx
  • Posted

Gosh that is a long way. Even London to Brighton to see my daughter is a long haul thanks to the dear old M25!! And the M6 isn't much better. Lol. Sorry shouldn't rain on your parade. Have a lovely time at least the weather is good. Don't do too much. Pace yourself. X
    • Posted

Will do Catrin - currently in a queue near Heathrow so me and the dog are car dancing to Rolling Stones so I get some exercise !
  • Posted

Ps - to anyone in uk I am confusing - I know it was the bank holiday last weekend ! It was just I had to work / be on call all last eekend so have this weekend instead !
    • Posted

Lol thought we might of had another one. Have a great time and enjoy your nephews communion. I bet your brother will be pleased to see you. take care.
  • Posted

hi bini,

good for you. ...

I hope that you will have a great visit with your brother. ..

safe travels

big warm hug

Renee ❤

• Posted

Thanks Renee

Was lovely to see him actually out if bed and walking as he's been in hospital a long time and the rest of the visit was great fun - I'm a bit stiff and sore after all the hours in the car and have very fat ankles but it was worth it ! Xx

• Posted

That's very sad about your brother, and how good it is that you will get to see him. May you have joy at the communion and taking a little trip. Enjoy the fresh scenery!
    • Posted

Thank you Annie - was good to see him and my nephews communion was lovely - all the children did so well with the readings etc and we had a lovely family lunch out after and a barbecue in the evening xx
  • Posted

Aww bini just seem this today hope everything goes ok and you manage ok. Talk soon hun

Laura xx

• Posted

Just got back - have very fat ankles to resting with them elevated. Otherwise trip was great - lovely to see family xx will pm you a bit later

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.