Drooling

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have an anxiety disorder and suffer from chronic constipation. Is it normal to have excessive salavia and drooling with an upset stomach? and my arms feels kind of weak lately. I am 45 years old and dont have a history of heart disease and I have no other symptoms. Also is it normal to feel gas pains in the pit of my stomach?  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

What's your diet like? I use to be constipated until I realized I was eating like an idiot and all my problems were from what I ate. Lack of water, lack of fiber and a horrible diet is usually the cause for constipation. You can live longer or live a shorter life simply by what you eat every day. I'd first do a major overhaul of my diet if I were you and after 2 months see how you feel. If you don't know what to do diet wise let me know.
    • Posted

You are RIGHT! lol I eat like an idiot too. I dont drink nearly enough water, and I dont eat enough fiber, and I know this is the reason why I am so bound up lol. I need to do more of those things. I eat prunes and drink some water which helps and when I get really bound up I drink 2 cups of prune juice which relaly gets things moving!
    • Posted

I think this is my favourite of all posts/threads yet!  Don't ask me to define why, it's just awesome in every way!

For me, it's carrots. Coffee and carrots - I like the raw baby carrots. Prune juice is what my grandmother made me drink when I was little (and mineral oil, ugh).  Dried fruit can be good to move things along, too.

Your gas pains could come from the constipation, tho I'm not sure about the salivating. I, too, pay the price for eating like an idiot. (And I'm about your age)  Next check-up, see about vitamin levels: iron, B12, D...make sure you're not also suffering from a lack of something. 

Good Luck!

• Posted

ahaahah glad I could entertain you lol. Coffee would help me but I have anxiety...I still havent found out why I drool like a dog lol. I ge t a complete work up the next time I visit my doctor May 20th so I will be sure to have them  check everything including run blood tests. Thank you for your comment and cheers to good health!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.