Just tired of it all

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 30 years old and have plantar fasciitis for at least 8 months. I got married about 9 months ago so before marriage I wanted to lose some weight so I started running. I felt slight pain but it was not severe enough for me to stop running. Few weeks after wedding it became worse and I feel it keeps on getting worse. I had physiotherapy done but I don't feel much difference. I've now come to the conclusion that I just have to live with it so I go for walk on most days but it becomes so painful the next morning. I have old parents who completely depend on me. I have brothers and sisters but nobody wants to take care of parents. People are so selfish these days. So I have no option but to live with it and move on. I do become extremely sad that it happened to me and I'm just 30.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Cushion, cushion, cushion your heel. Read my other posts. "Doknabox" Good luck!!!
  • Posted

I had plantar fasciitis twice in my life and it WAS such a pain especially in the morning.  It DOES eventually go away.  Do calf exercises as much as you can and wear inserts in your shoes.  Try and walk normally and not on your toes and definitely stop running.
  • Posted

If it's any consolation I've had it twice. The first time it took a year to go that was 10 years ago and I've got it again now. Had it for ten months but it has started to get better so I reckon it'll be a year again before I'm pain free. However has taught me to respect the signals my body gives and not to ignore any pain.

Hang in there do the exercises, rest as much as you can. It will go but it takes ages.

• Posted

I found aircast airheels helped enormously. I wore them for several months until the condition cleared. Since then I try to walk at least 5,000 steps per day and nearer 10,000 if I can. I think it is important not to suddenly walk a long way without building up to it gradually. I also wear walking shoes or good trainers that support the feet properly. If you wear high heels a lot your calf muscles will shorten and have a knock on effect on the Achilles' tendon and the plantar.
  • Posted

As the rest say cushion your heel with gel heel pads well worth the £2 they cost use them in trainers and slippers round the house, no running or jogging, rest as much as possible but keep doing the calf stretching exercises. If the pain is extreme then I find some painkillers help and Indometacin appears to work well for me with no side effects, I have to take them for my knee anyway and noticed the pf pain went away as well as the knee pain. Un fortunatly the knee pain keeps coming back when I walk very far but the PF in fine.
  • Posted

Hi!  So sorry you're so frustrated and in so much pain! You are way too young to be be sidelined by this pain.

I know many have recommended cushions and resting and stretching...but honestly, there's a better way that's clinically proven to help you eliminate your pain.

I'd really encourage you to ask your doctor/podiatrist about EPAT (Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology)--sometimes referred to as ESWT or shockwave therapy.  It works. It's effective. It's non-invasive and no anesthesia is required.

It is worth every penny and will get you better faster.  If your doctor doesn't offer it or hasn't heard of it, find someone who offers this innovative approach to dealing with heel pain.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.