The only headache remedy that works for me!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had headaches daily for 15 years and tried about everything. The only thing that can stop my headaches in their tracks is heat! I fill a sock with rice and microwave it in 30 second intervals until warm. I put it on my face, neck, shoulders, anywhere I feel tension. Within minutes my headache fades away. It's amazing. It does what no medication can do for me. I like using the sock instead of a heating pad because it gives a little weight/pressure and forms around my face. Heating pads and ice packs don't do it for me but this is my saving grace. Might not work for all headache types but I wanted to share! Changed my lifesmile Enjoy!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You go girl!  If we don't have to rely on meds for every single pain, we and our bodies are very grateful.
    • Posted

Absolutely! I feel much better knowing I'm not using medication every day anymore. Thanks!
  • Posted

RICE!

Wow

What sort of rice?  

• Posted

You can use rice, flax seeds, small beans in a sock to heat and reheat frequently.  Corn, peas and other small veggies are great to freeze and referee if you need the cold.
    • Posted

Great ideas, I'll have to try beans too! I use any kind of rice and a tall cotton socksmile
  • Posted

I must try to recall this idea once the weather gets cooler again, as heat is one of the few things that helps the worst of my MS related neuro pain. It wouldn't, currently, be very useful for me (menopause would make me overheat!)

Thanks for my future help.

• Posted

Hi Hayley,

bloody hell What a fab idea.

i also suffer daily with these flipping headaches thanks for the tip Most defiantly TRY!, I get neck pain ALOT which then leads to headaches/ or even Migranes......... Thanks for the tip.

• Posted

I hope it works for you! I love it. You could even fill a couple socks and put one around your neck and one on your forehead while laying down. If nothing else it's relaxingsmile Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.