Gap medical insurance

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've been diagnosed with uterine fibroids and surgery is needed. Can anyone recommend a secondary insurance to pick up the extra 40% that my insurance won't pay. Really need one that take effect immediately.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, just wondered where abouts in the world you are? Just a heads up that this site is UK-based, so many people using it will be going through the free national health system. If you're in the US it might be worth posting your question on an American site. 

Hope you get the answers you need!

xox Rosie

• Posted

Hi rosieposey, I didn't know there was an American site, do you have the link for that? I have still found this board extremely helpful even if it is UK based. Thank you!
  • Posted

I dont think you can get new insurance to cover a pre existing condition. In the UK people either use the NHS which is free or pay privately or use Insurance if they are covered for that condition.  As the post before stated if you are in the US best to find out from a US site. Best of luck.
  • Posted

Hi, I am in Spain and not covered by the national medical system here. I have insurance but it doesn't cover hysterectomy due to pre-existing fibroids, I doubt you would get an insurance to cover you for an operation. Are you absolutely sure that surgery is needed? What procedure are you having done and how large are the fibroids? There are other options to remove/shrink the fibroids, many of which are discussed on this forum.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.