Can Ibs cause a lump in stomach?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a lump in my stomach below my right rib cage but a bit to the left it is sometimes really easy to feel but other days I can't feel it it can have pain depending on what I've eaten and it swells up more when I've eaten something fatty. Had an ultrasound that came back clear and it was suggested could be something to do with my bowels, so can ibs cause this lump?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ive never heard of ibs that can cause a lump on the right side. The colon is located on the right side but if your saying its in bottom perhaps it could be some rare inflammation. If it comes and goes it could be some inflammation of some sort. Try to get more info on it. Ibs is more of a constipation/Diarrhea with stomach cramps (this is more of a mild ibs that usually would go away within weeks)
    • Posted

I have read that the colon is on the left side and the gallbladder is on the right along with your appendix.
  • Posted

I've had pain in this location for many years. Comes and goes. Once or so a year it really really hurts. Bloods, xray and ultrasound ok.

I've had a lump on one occasion and after years of being told just to get on with it and no diagnosis, the best thing I've come close to explaining it is hepatic flexure syndrome. Now if there's a lump and discomfort or pain isn't deep internally, the first organ you going to come to in that location is where your assending colon meets your traversing colon. It's a big junction that twists over and cadets food waste. So if you get a spasam there through inflammation, a build up can happen, swollen area, pain, blockage eventually clears, pain and swelling goes.

Hepatic Flexure, look it up it might be this, but what do I know.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi entie...I think this cannot be caused by IBS.. how can there be a lump and not register on the ultrasound..can this be gas or undigested foods? have you tried consuming fibers for you condition..I have some good combination of good fibers and digestive cleansers as well.. i'm just a message away.. hope this lump will go away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.