Had TURP last Tuesday. How long before end bleeding stops?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Still have bleeding one week after surgery.  The bleeding is at end of voiding.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

my bleeding stopped in about two weeks, I think the key was to drink lots of water, I drank 80 oz of water a day, and I really think that is why my recover was good.
  • Posted

If you it only for a few weeks you will  be lucky sometimes it can go on for month's.  Thank god there are other procedures out there Ken
    • Posted

I see Kenneth you are responding to almost every tred on this forum. You giving lots of good advices but I wish you are a little bit more encouraging person to others who are accepting different procedures from yours. Some of us are going with our own choices and some what is offered to us without possibility to chose. Give us a bit more positive response.

Being more positive about chosen procedures means a lot to many of us.

• Posted

I am positive that procedure sucks  And I am sorry that you have to have it done you don't have a choice. No one is giving you any.  I did talk to my urologist and he said when they go in and if the median lobe is in the bladder they have no choice but to do a turp.  So your doctors told you right.  Have a good surgery and good luck..Ken
  • Posted

hi matey, 2 weeks should do it, as suggested plenty of fluid intake ,not alcohol...i was completely clear after 9/10 days and no bleeding or debris  again>>now 14 months on......during this time i did have very feint feelings occasionally when urinating and for several days after...did not last long, and now completely clear!! should all be ok soon for you too! all the best,Syd
  • Posted

Hi, my bleeding and bits lasted 10-14 days!! then ok, but had  irratating feelings for 4/5 weeks after,...also uncomfortable "full" bladder feel, also dissapeared after 4/5 weeks,  got back on my bike after 5 weeks, took it easy for a month and by then normality had resumed! now 12 months later...life is back to normal,sex is fine , peeing great!!! and no discomfort at all!! I avoided any fizzy/alcohic drink for 3 months,  also no strong tea or "real" coffee, ,just weak or scented teas and (yuk!) instant coffee weak!! drank w\ater,and REAL cranberry juice, also lemons squeezed into water...apple juice etc etc.but the proper stuff!!! i ended up losing 3/4 kgs as well, however that has gradually come back on......never mind,more exercise will see to that! All fellow post turp  op people  i know were recommended to get into exercise as soon as possible after 4-6 weeks, gradual start and then building..( no weight lifting!) avoid de-hydration,keep the fliuds coming in!. Post op is very depressing, so try to avoid dwelling on it, gentle walking should be ok,and any activity that occupies your brain is great( I found that out early on!!) I can only say think positive(easy for me i know) and you will get back to your life before you know it! the very best..Syd

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.