7 weeks post myomectomy... bleeding gone worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I am kind of fed up and scared actually. Had a successful removal of a golfball size fibroid on 24th march after having 2 horrendous long and heavy clotting and bleeding episodes. Was so hopeful that myomectomy will resolve the problem, but I dont think I am so lucky. 1st period post op arrived 2 weeks later...lots of cramping and very heavy flow, no clotting though...and lasted for 2 weeks including trailing off period. After 25 days (thats my normal cycle) the 2nd period started...it was one from HELL....lots of cramping and LOTS and LOTS of clots ...some as big as my fist!!! Today is day 11 still bleeding however not heavily but still red fresh blood.

I am so fed up and confused!! Do I have something more sinister? When will I get back my old days where I didnt have to plan my days around my periods!!!

Anyone with similar experience?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi dj1409, I am sorry you are experiencing this crazy bleeding. I am only a few weeks out from my minilapromotmy myomectomy and unfortunately my period came 2 weeks later and it was the worse one I have ever had in life. The cramps felt deathly and I had so many clots that I just knew it wasn't normal. I did search this board I believe or another one and heavy cramps and bleeding I read was normal and my doctor confirmed that as well and told me to keep taking my pain meds if need be, no need to be in extra pain if I don't have to. For your continuous bleeding, I would call your doc to see if what you are experiencing is normal. Again, sorry you're going through this. The unknown is the scariest part and everyone is different. I wish there was specific handbook on what we should expect after this surgery but there isn't ☹️. I wish you the best and I hope your bleeding lightens up but please follow up with your doc . Take care
  • Posted

Sorry to hear your experience. After a Myomectomy it does take time for periods to settle to normal. I had open Myomectomy in January 2016 and was told by my consultant that the next couple of periods are likely to be very heavy and erratic and will settle. Thats exactly what happened, my first 3 periods were heavy and my fourth one was normal. Like you I had lots of cramping.  Your consultant should have given you some advice of what to expect after a Myomectomy when you had a follow-up after the surgery.  Dont lose heart, see how your 4th period goes, it should get better with time.  All the best.
    • Posted

Please for how long did your doc said u can get pregnant, because am 4th month of myomectomy and no pregnancy yet
    • Posted

I had 32 fibroids removed so I was told it will take 6 months for healing of my womb and trying for pregnancy.  Most people are told they can start trying 3 months after open myomectomy for pregnancy.  Do not worry, sometimes pregnancy takes time, the most important thing is that your  golf size fibroid is out.
  • Posted

Just be patient you will get over it soon, it took some people 5 to 6 month
  • Posted

Hey All!  So sorry to hear you are having such problems!  I am shrinking my fibroids with an all organic fruit and vegetable diet and juicing.  I also take blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar at night and get 30 min. of walking in a day.  Remove as many toxins as you can from your day.  Replace all of your personal products with organic.  Try to drink bottled spring water.  No tap!  

No meat!  No Dairy!  These are both adding critical amounts of extra estrogen to your bodies which is what feeds your fibroids.  They also clog your lymphatic system and your adrenals.  Once they are clogged, your liver and kidneys do not filter properly and the results manifests in the production of fibroids, cysts and tumors.  You need to stop the cause of the fibroids instead of just treating the symptoms.  If they are not shrinking, they are still growing (even if you have them removed, they can come back).  Good Luck to you, Ladies!  

Knowledge is Power.  You can heal yourself with the right knowledge.  

• Posted

Have you had results (ultrasounds) to see if the changes that you've made have actually worked? I tried the blackstrap molasses and it did nothing for mine and it has a horrible taste.
    • Posted

I haven't had an ultrasound yet.  I am scheduled for my annual in a few months and I will have one then, but I used to be able to feel my fibroids and now I can't so I'm convinced they are smaller or even gone.  From what I understand the blackstrap molasses helps with the symptoms and the apple cider vinegar helps with the shrinkage.  But you also must change your diet to organic as well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.