Prostatitis? at 24

Posted , 6 users are following.

What a birthday present. Just a little synopsis of my issue at hand. I have not been officially diagnosed yet but have scheduled another urology visit in two weeks. As of today I have to push urine out from under my scrotum to fully empty my bladder. Mild discomfort in what feels like urethra, every so often a more acute pain for just a moment shoots through my penis. No other real symptoms other than above. Though I am battling a sore throat.

On to the original writeup.

Had sex, a mixture of protected and unprotected events, which is what I bank on being the start of an infection. I had a gono and chlahmydia test after I ejaculated the following morning (14 hours after sex) and felt like my semen "snagged" something on the way out, followed by burning urination.

Negative on the STI's, the following week I got sick of the dull irritation in my urethra and slight urination stream weaken. Doc did a urine sample, found no blood or other bacteria in the urine. Took cipro 500mg for 10 days. Didnt really notice much, somedays I felt mostly fine and sometimes I would get hung up on the slight irritation.

Decided to masturbate after two weeks of abstaining. It felt pretty decent, no pain, just a little "off". Over the next four days I did it two more times with worse results, the last episode was four nights ago and I still feel this dull ache like never before. And I have trouble urinating to finish, much much worse than pre ejaculations. So now I am somewhat horrified to try again, which I wont be doing any time soon.

Going back to a urologist in two weeks, hoping to get some better answers on what tests we can perform. I really think a prostate massage would give me the best course to start recovery. I definitely think its bacterial..

Originally started on the 15th of April.

I have been following some other threads on here but just wanted to tell my story. I am on vacation at the moment so I am sitting down often, as I spend most of the days driving to and from destinations. I know this is probably bad, but surprisingly I made it all yesterday on a 12 hour road trip and only had to urinate five times in a 14 hour time span. I also didnt wake up to urinate, I dont have those symptoms usually anyway (knock on wood).

Any info is good info, I am pretty down about this whole thing. Life can change in an instant, im just hoping to get back to normal and I know it can be a uphill battle.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I've had it since age 26. I'm 35 now and haven't really found anything that works except completely abstaining from booze and exercise. Both of which I'm not going to do.

I've tailored back on booze and I don't drink coffee or energy drinks anymore.

I think mine is more pelvic muscle issues. If you work out a lot you should explore this possibility.

Good luck. No cure for me yet.

• Posted

Prostate issues since age 19. Saw doctors back then and they told me to live with it. Tried many nutritional and supplement approaches, cleanses, hormones etc. Nothing seemed to work. I am now 31.
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies guys. I must say hearing so many stories of people who haven't found a solution is depressing, nothing new to you I know.

I dont drink at all and I also dont exercise much anymore either. Some walking daily but nothing rigorous.

• Posted

It's a condition not taken very seriously whe in reality it's claimed a number of lives literally and figuratively.

If you aren't getting any better, try pelvic pt. it might have nothing to do with the prostate itself rather the muscles around it.

• Posted

My problem started overnight at age 25.  It was stable (just hard to get the stream started) for many years and began to worsen in my 50's.  Urologists are mostly worthless.  The all try the same drugs and surgeries and when that doesn't work the go Homer Simpson on you.  What you need to do is find one who will troubleshoot the problem with all the available diagnostics out there.  As each one comes up inconclusive, ask what the next one is and so on.  If the Urologist runs out of ideas go find another.  I'm on my third and were making progress again because she isn't protecting an ego, she's looking out for me.  Infections are bacterial, fungal or viral.  Cancer is another posibility.   If there is another cause, I'm unaware of it at this point.  Work through that list first.  Ask what tests are available for each and take them.  You can also look on the internet for types of tests if the doctor runs out.  It's a bit of detective work, or troubleshooting but you have to keep pushing the doctors through it when they run out of ideas.  Approaching the se forums is a great idea.  Looking at urotoday can offer clues as well.

Try not to get discouraged.  It's unlikely that you're some medical miracle with an unknown condition, just work the problem. Best of luck to you. 

• Posted

Did you try pelvic PT by chance? It's not glamorous but my physical therapist has hit some pelvic muscles that are TIGHT
  • Posted

Hello You are so young to be going through problem.  I do have a friend that I work  with.  He is 32 and as had it from the time he was 17.  He said that he got it from a bladder infection that never that at 17 he did not know he had.  He is under control now but he said that his sex life is ok but he wish t was better.  Sometime he has a hard time coming and he penis hurt but he has told me that there is no way thy are going to remove his prostate.  He takes the pill that he gets from his doctor because once you have Prostatiiis you never can get rid of it.  You can take care of it and control it with a doctors help...Gook luck  Ken
  • Posted

Had it at your age in 1970.  Guessing the docs know more now.  Had me doubled up in pain and in the hospital for a few days.  Get to know your prostate while you can...you'll be dealing with it the rest of your life.
  • Posted

Thanks gentlemen. While ive been on vaca lately I have stayed away from caffeine and spicy foods. I still have trouble urinating to finish as a few minutes will go by and ill drip a little. That, so far, is the only thing that is constant. I guess im most concerned about the pain when ejaculating, which I havent done recently for obvious reasons. I have been preoccupied with my photography these last few days and ive been trying to remain level headed and positive.

I will definitely press my next urologist more and start a complete run of tests. Thanks for the replies and support!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.