Change of Gabapentin Tablets?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My pharmacy supplied my Gabapentin as usual this week. However, instead of capsules they were solid tablets. I now feel light headed & disorientated, I haven't felt like this before & I'm wondering if a solid tablet is delivered into the system differently to a capsule? Can anyone throw some light on this? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'd say the most likely reason for your symptoms is either a) you have a bug! or b) you're absorbing very slightly less/more of the active ingredient! Very naughty of the phamacy to change your meds, call them, ask if they now have your usual capsules, and you would prefer they replaced your supply with these. What dose are you taking?

• Posted

I'm on 1800 a day, 2x 600 3 times a day. Agreed, pharmacy has been a bit naughty
  • Posted

The more Mg's the bigger the pill. The 100 mgs were capsules
    • Posted

My gabas are 300's in flourecent yellow caps, obviousely the pharmacy has tried to save money in the past by trying different brands, but never a tablet.  They are normally pretty good I don't know what's happened really.  Anyway, I have enough caps as last time I was in hospital they sent me home with a box & the same day my wife had picked up my script.  I've been very careful & rotated them so luckily I have spares.
    • Posted

As the dose goes up the become tablets. My 800 mgs were pretty big and white.
    • Posted

It's all part of a long & some time soul destroying regime, Gabapentin mixed with morphine based pain killers, all underwritten by an implanted spinal cord stimulator.

It's difficult sometimes to keep positive, unfortunately my wife bares the brunt of it. She understands that I can't be released into everyday life moaning about the pain & how I'm feeling, so she makes herself the sounding post so saving the general public.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.