Probiotics and IBS

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hello all,

I suffer from post infectious IBS ( from a bout of food poisoning back in November 2015) and I have been reading on on people having amazing results from taking probiotic tablets. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has tried them and if so which one? I want to give them a go as for this condition is taking over my life and i feel like a prison in my own home. I dont suffer from D or C, just nast stomach pains after I go for a BM, and the feeling of incomplete evacuation which makes me feel like i need to go all the time. Although the only question I have is i dont know which probiotic I should start taking and how much (10 billion, 20 billion etc)

Any help I would be eternally grateful!

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jo. I take them and have had amazing results with them. Got my life back. I'm not allowed to advertise on here I don't think so I will private message you in a bit with details.

Catrin

• Posted

Please send me a private message about Probiotic I used different brand but it seems not good progress. I had used once the brand from Korea which very good but I had to ask my family to buy it for me from overseas. I got my life back over two years, after that I used different barand in Australia, I have sufferred IBS and stomatch cramps, diarhear, etc.. I looked at the ingredients of the Korea ones and found same ingredients but it is not good as Korea one. However, I got some Korea products but this time it didnt work. Wonder why? Still keep trying to find the good one even for the infant ones. It didnt work for me either. I really appreciate if you give me the brand name. Thanks
    • Posted

I'd also be interested to learn the name of your amazing probiotics if possible :-) :-)
    • Posted

Can you send me a private message with the details of the probiotics you use please. Thanks Caroline
    • Posted

Hi There

Could you please message me the name of the probiotic you are taking.

Cheers

Vernon

• Posted

Good morning Catrin.

I am suffering same problem for many years, I thought it was my gallbladder, and hoped to get better after surgery, but it is stil the same, I am taking probiotic, but I feel the same, would you please send me the brand of probiotic you are using? I'll appreciate it.

Thank you.

• Posted

Hello catrin you said you have a probiotuc that is helping you can you tell me witch one I'm scott suffering bad bloating and pain thanks alot
  • Posted

Yes Jo, I take them too - 2 tablets per day of 5 billion strength. My GP suggested I try them, although he did say the evidence base for them having a beneficial effect was uncertain. His view was at best, they might help, at worst they wouldn't do any harm. I started taking the at the same time as begining the Low FODMAP diet so it's difficult to tell which has had the most effect. I can only say that the combination of the diet and the probiotics has improved my IBS symptoms by 95% and I now have my life back. 

My husband doesn't have IBS but did experience quite frequent tummy upsets. He takes the probiotics too and his tummy upsets have virtually disappeared. 

Jan

• Posted

Thanks Jan! Is there any particular probiotic that i should look for in the tablets? or just a mixure of them all?

Jo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.