uterine artery embolisation

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am adviced to do uterine artery embolisation,  I am also on Ezmya until I do it. Can anyone advice on how effective this is? Thank you 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Farida,

I had this done in September and it was very successful for me. I was experiencing pain from the fibroids in my back when standing or living on my back, pain when sitting or bending over. Frequent urination, extremely heavy periods (used 2 packs of pads for the first two days) I was anemic and suffered from day and night sweats. All of this disappeared or improved drastically after the procedure and I was able to lose some weight. It is an extremely painful procedure and takes a toll on your body. I was off work for 2weeks but could have done with one more week. And it took 3 months to fully regain my energy. Now 8 months on I continue to feel great and am getting back to being the active and outgoing person I was 4-6 years ago.

• Posted

Thank you so much for this, you really encouraged me. I  have strong periods for 10 days then light period for another 11 days!  I always had pains but got used to this and night sweats as well. I feel like I have a baby as my stomach is poping out, which is something I never experienced before, it is so irritating for me. I also turned vegan and trying not to eat any fat. Does the body go back to normal, or you did not experience this bloating thing? Thank you so much for replying to me. 

• Posted

I could feel and see the fibroids protruding through my abdomen. I could still feel them a bit a few weeks after the procedure but I couldn't see them and I can't feel them at all now. My waist size decreased also and I lost 10 pounds.. My uterus was the size of a 3 month pregnancy, depending on how big your uterus is it could take up to 6 months to see maximum effects.
    • Posted

Thank you so much; you really made my day  [biggrin] . I do feel like 3 months preganant! I really hope it works for me. I am still waiting for the hospital appoinment which probably going to be after a long time.  Many thanks again 
    • Posted

I meant to put a smile but came out as a biggrin! Sorry meant a big smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.