Qi Gong for BPH

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I have had BPH for multiple years and have been very close to having TURP surgery, due to weak flow, difficulty in urinating, regular urinary infections and so on.

I have always been interested in alternative and eastern medicine modalities.

Recently I came across a chinese qi gong method that I believe has saved me from surgery and given me significantly improved status in all above mentioned symptoms.

I would suggest some general reading on Qi Gong as this will help.

Qi Gong is a chinese medicine modality using the breath[chi] and based on the 12 meridians within the body, according to chinese medicine.

Within Qi Gong it is believed that the energy centre of the body is just below the belly button. Chinese call it Dan Tian. Japanese call it the hara.

So...to the method itself.

Lie down naked on your bed and make yourself comfortable.

Start by breathing deeply and slowly, slowing down the breath, similar to meditation t induce the healing state.

Rub the hands together vigourously to make them warm and place the right hand horizontally just below the belly button with the base of the thumb in the belly button so the palm of the hand is over dan tian.The left hand cups the testicles. 

Breath in deeply, and as you breath out, push in and up with the right hand while maintaining a similar position, while pushing up with the left hand bringing the testicles into the natural cavity which exists to house the testicles when it is cold or you are in cold water.

Visualize the prostate getting smaller, but also use the breath to empty the mind and enter the meditative state that enhances healing.

Repeat 30 times

Swap hand positions.

Repeat 30 times.

To "close" place the left hand with the thumb in the belly button and the palm over dan tian. Place the right hand on top of the left with the palms directly on top of each other, and breath deeply with empty mind 6 times.

Within 2 weeks you should notice significant benefits.

Give it a try! If it doesn't work nothing lost. If it works like it has for me, it will save you a lot of pain and problems.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Glenn - nothing to lose at this stage!! Lots of folks believe in Qi Gong for many ailments. Cheers
  • Posted

Hello Glenn,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with Qi Gong. 

I have tried Qi Gong in the past for health matters unrelated to BPH. Unfortunately did not see any postive results, but it's unfair to say it doesn't work because I probably didn't stick with it long enough. I even had  a special paid session with a renown Qi Gong teacher/healer. Still nothing happened. 

It might be helpful if you told us a little more in detail about your bph symptons both before and after. Things including but not limited to what was your PVR (post volume residual) before your Qi Gong practice, and what was it after. And what was your flow rate in ml/seconds before Qi Gong and what was it after. In other words what werre the "significant" benefits you personally experienced. 

Jim

Jim

• Posted

Hi Jim, I don't have quantitative figures, but I can say for example I was urinating 6-10 times per night prior and now 0,1 or 2 times.

Subjectively my flow rate has gone from weak flow to strong and regular.

I am sleeping much better as a result also

• Posted

Could also be the ebb and flow of this malady. 
    • Posted

All is possible, but what is there to lose in trying before taking a serious operation that these forums have indicated provide less than perfect results in many cases?
    • Posted

You are absolutely correct. And I am first to go any route that offers relief before going "under the knife". 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.