help with tablets plz anxiety attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been taking fluoxtine for 4 weeks and my anxiety worse.. ive heard it'll take up to 6 weeks for it to work but just wondering if theres anything i could help ease the panic attacks until they kick in

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had exactly the same. I have been on fluoxetine for over 6 months now and I had anxiety and panic attacks. I was prescribed Mirtazapine to help with anxiety and sleep. It took abt 6 weeks to totally kick in. I am tethering off the mirtazapine now slowly. Good luck.

D

• Posted

Deborah,

I noticed you said you are on fluoxetine and mirtazapine. What mg are you taking for both? And you are tapering off? I am taking 30 mg of mirt and 20 mg of fluoxetine just started a couple weeks ago. And i am losing my mind and i think mirtazapine is done for me because that is why doc added mirtazapine.

• Posted

I am.taking 20mg fluoxetine and am tapering off mirtzapine 15mg, but was on 30mg. Yes definitely the anxiety gets worse before it gets better. It will all subside. You just have to be patient. It's v hard because you think you will never get better, but believe me you will.

Good luck.

D

• Posted

Yes I do feel like lm never going to get better. Almost a year basically housebound now. 😞
  • Posted

I've been taking it for about 2 weeks and my anxiety got worse and then better for 2 days and now its horrible. Hopefully because I'm 5 day from my menstrual cycle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.