Chronic diarreah with cysts and fibroid

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey ladies, has any of you experienced diarreah/loose stools with your cysts/fibroids, honesty for the past 9 weeks ive had loose/watery bms every day! I have read somewhere that cysts/fibroids can cause them but went to my doctor today and he said he had never heard of that so I have now got to see a bowel doctor for a colonoscopy!!  its one thing after another!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jackie,  with ovarian cysts you can experience either loose stools or constipation, any kind of bowel disruption is normal so I wouldn't worry. I take it your doctor has ruled out IBS which has similar symptoms and can cause these symptoms.

its good that your doctor is arranging for a colonoscopy which will address any bowel issues you're having and to rule out other things, so top marks for your doctor there. Good luck, but try not to worry.

anne xx

• Posted

Thank you for reply Anne, I am so worried I cant sleep now and I think the stress is actually making the tummy issues worse! I use to get IBS but never this bad just have to wait and see what colonoscopy shows, but he looked at me like I was mad when I asked whether it could be due to the cyst and fibroid (Fibroid is pushing on my bladder) I remember reading somewhere else that other women had experienced this with their cysts/fibroids but would it really have gone on for so long, and apart from the frequent bms daily I feel ok, no weight loss. can still eat, etc etc, will just have to wait to see what colonoscopy shows..  Take care x
  • Posted

Hi Jackie....I'm sorry to hear your unwell hope you get this sorted soon must be a nightmare....can I ask your opinion...I am taking my Klean prep just now to clear out my bowel as I have a colonoscopy tommorow....I think it might be fibroids...it feels like my bladder has swelled up and getting bigger I can feel a lump in my tummy when I lie on my tummy.....I've put weight on...I still eat...have no signs of cancer...but this lump is getting bigger....can you tell me if you have that ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.