Amlodepine and dental problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been taking Amlodepine for BP problems for two years. During this time I've also experienced repeated dental problems. Has anyone also had this experience?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Evening David, after recently reading your note about dental problems you have experienced I have been lucky at the moment but had found problems in my knees and legs. So I had split the tablet from 5mg to 2.5mg just doing this have made my legs and knees a lot better. This just proves how bad the side effects can come from AMPLODIPINE. Good luck for you anyway

ADRIAN

• Posted

Thanks Adrian. There must be a negative side to preventing calcium getting to the cells.
  • Posted

'Dental problems' meaning ridiculously​ painful toothache that (possibly) wakes you in the night, but the Dentist can't find anything wrong, by any chance question smile
    • Posted

No, real dental problems Benny- toothe decay and extractions.

I have experieced phantom tooth pain with other medication but not with Amlodepine.

• Posted

Yes! I've been taking Amlodipine for approx 10 years, and have since, had approx 5 teeth extracted. Whether it's linked to this drug or coincidental or what I don't know.
    • Posted

Thanks for that. I'll see how many replies I get!
  • Posted

Hi, the wife here smile My hubby has been on Amlodepine for 20 years and has eight teeth taken out and four more due to come out in the next few months, also all of his other teeth are loose too! He also experiences fatigue and very low mood, muscle cramps plus lots of other problems. I know some will be due to his diabetes but it's interesting what you guys have been discussing. I was given A too, I had bleeding gums quite bad and a shattered tooth. Upon a visit to the dentist and numerous antibiotics which did not work, she basically said I had trench mouth and considering my routine for cleaning my teeth, she had never seen a mouth so bad before! She told me to inform the doctor to put me on differnt medication, which they did and it cleared up pretty much straight away. I am just trying to gave Dave seen by a dotor to see if they can change his, although being diabetic they said that there was limited B/P tablets, not sure how true that is. It might be too late for his teeth but hopefully will give him some of his life back, because at the minute he is really down sad
    • Posted

Sorry to hear your story.I was persevering with Amlodepine but hearing that hs made me think again. Do hope your hubby gets some quality of life soon!
    • Posted

Hi, please look into Dr Jon Baron. He is amazing!

Search there for an issue. Cure or any medical question.

His info is true and will cure you

• Posted

Hi I've just had 3 teeth out.gums perished. been off this drug 6 months now and feel better.I was also tired all the time

• Posted

Thanks Chris. Strange no doctor that I know of has mentioned these effects!
    • Posted

Well that sounds familiar! Have same issue with my doctor and all the veterinarians I've been to for over 40 years! Except for my cat doctor!

They don't want you to know these things in fear that we won't want to spend our money on something that will only give us more reasons to need the doctor...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.