new symtoms - sore osphagus & nausea

Posted , 5 users are following.

Posted on here before but now I have another symtom developing - nausea!

Had uncomfortable osphagus for about 5 weeks been on omeprazole 20mg for 3 weeks with no improvement think it's worse if anything! Now i'm getting loss appetite & nausea.

Just to add to that I have suffered with bad nausea for months a couple times in last 10 years. I am stressed beyond belief that I have cancer because my dad died of osphagus cancer. I am currently waiting for an endoscopy but my family are convinced it's mostly to do with my nerves. I suffer with health anxiety & so confused what's going on with me.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi your symptoms and fears are the same as mine plus the same medication !!

The medication is to try and help acid problems etc but because your suffering from anxiety and the loss you've suffered your bound to have fears bless you.

i had the nasal camera first which showed no nasties.

The acid reflux courses my uncomfortable osopagus, it's really raw and at times I feel I can't get my breath or I've something round my throat.

i know it's all down to stress, worry and anxiety.

Try and look that having the endoscopy is to ensure your clear I know they'll offer me that next 

I'm sure your fine but you'll not settle until you know.....I lost my husband to cancer so I do understand your fears.

• Posted

The PPI never really helped me either, in fact, may have made me more sick. I too have nausea and loss of appetite since January, and have lost a lot of weight. Seeing doctors and having tests, trying to get answers. Hope you get answers yourself and quickly. It's very scary to me too! 
  • Posted

Hi ejc

I have nothing useful to say apart from that there appears to be a lot of us out there with the same/similar symptoms as yourself. It is the pain in the throat that really gets me down especially at night when I cannot go to sleep, it is then that you start to feel quite depressed about it all.  All we can do is hope that one day Drs will take this problem more seriously and hopefully find a way of helping us.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi thanks for reply .

Yes my osphagus worries me the most! Nausea I have dealt with for years on & off but it's just horrid feeling luke it. My worry is the combined symptoms because i'm convincing myself it's cancer!

Like you I wish doctors could help more & take symtoms seriously the 1st time you see them ! Emma

• Posted

yes i  agree that it would be good if  doctors spent more time listening and explaining, it may even save the NHS money !

​I think they have seen it all before but forget to us the symptoms are new and very scary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.