Drowsy during the day

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been prescribed 15mg of mitrazipine a day and it's helping me sleep but I'm finding it hard to wake in the morning can anyone recommend the best time to take it?

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Try taking mirt. earlier in the evening if possible, in my opinion ask your

gp for an alternative if you can, As I would not recommend this drug, it has

more negative reviews than positive ones.

• Posted

The reason there are more negative reviews is that those people who have been helped by mirtazapine and are happy with it, have no need to post on the site or ask for advice. So you are more likely to read messages from those who are having problems.
    • Posted

Well said Pixie I totally agree.  I have been on 15 mg of Mirt with Venlafaxine for two years and have never found either of the drugs evil!
    • Posted

I totally agree Pixie - these drugs work for many, many people, myself included - yes I have a degree of drowsiness in a morning, but overall i feel better taking it than not!  
  • Posted

I've been taking this drug for about 5 months now to help with anxiety and depression, it seems to be helping.   It does make me slightly drowsy first thing in the morning but I find that after my morning coffee I'm ok . . . it works for me, I'm on 30 mg daily, I have considered asking my GP if I can start reducing it but I'm not sure I want to take the risk of going back into my depressed state again.   If it's helping you then I would stick with it if you can . . . no anti-depressant drug is without it's side effects, I've taken quite a few over the years, but I find this one has fewer negative effects than others I've taken . . . hope you start to feel better soon, 
  • Posted

Yo diane, it's best taken a couple of hours before bed time, the morning tiredness will go after a couple of weeks. All the best..
  • Posted

Hi Diane,

I have been taking 7.5mg for about 4 months to help me sleep mostly and it has helped with my depression.  The lower dose, I am told, will make you even more drowsy.  I take it early in the evening and that helps.  After a few weeks of taking it, the drowsiness during the day goes away.  It is not an evil drug - it has helped me so much.  The evil drug you should never take is any Benzodiazepine - I am on Klonopin, trying to wean off and mirt has been helping me with the insomnia that comes with the withdawal of a benzo.  Hang in there!

• Posted

Hi everyone, thank you all so much for your replys I will try taking it in the early evening see if that helps any. I'm prescribed them for ice depression anxiety and sleeping but my ove doctor said she would be upping the doze next time I see here!! God if she does I'll probably never be awake haha! Xx
    • Posted

ocd not ice bloody predictive lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.