Positive experience with Bisoprolol

Posted , 2 users are following.

When I was diagnosed with SVT 4 months ago and prescribed Bisoprolol, I was quite worried by all the negative comments in this group.  I would like to share my experience, in hope of helping new patients.  I am taking 2.5 mg once daily.  I have experienced fatigue and vivid dreams only for the first few days of taking the medication.  Then my body adjusted.  I am a landscaper and require strong cardiac output to do my work.  I have noticed no decline in performance.  SVT symptoms have been completely controlled by Bisoprolol.  I had to go off Bisoprolol for 3 days for a Holter monitor.  I had 3 episodes of SVT while off the medication.  No episodes after being back on the medication.  I think my experience is positive because I consume no excitants of any kind:  no caffeine, no alcohol.  I hope this helps.  Denis  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Has taking bisoprolol made you breathless or your heart beat HARD
    • Posted

Hi Rosemary,  

No, both my cardiologist and I were concerned about being breathless during hard physical work, but that did not happen.  My heart actually stopped beating hard after I started taking bisoprolol.  I used to be able to feel my heart beat when at rest.  Not since taking bisoprolol, though.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Thank you so much for your reply.

Maybe I'm not on.the right dose then Denise.

My heart beats hard at rest and trying to go to sleep is really hard.

Even just getting up and putting washing on the line makes Mr aware I'm breathless.

Walking at a normal pace on a slight incline makes my heart bang as if I'd rum a race.... And of course I'm breathless

Thank you so much. My Dr has finally referred me to a cardiologist but an 18 week wait.

Dr kept saying I was anxious but I told him I am not anxious at all

Many thanks

Rose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.