Post op ovarian cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody! I had laparoscopic surgery Thursday. Both ovaries were removed, one with a very large cyst. I also had a D and C in which they removed several polyps. I am having a lot of pain in my abdomen and back. Sitting up hurts a lot. I have no appetite. Is this normal? I know no two patients are alike but should I be worried? I would appreciate any encouragement I can get. I'm 65 years old and never had a baby or any other surgery so this is all new to me. 

Thanks!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am 51 and had both ovaries, tubes and a 7 cm cyst removed in August laparoscopically and a d&c. I felt pretty good. No pain really. I took my pain meds religiously for the first few days. I also do pretty much nothing except lay around also. Do you have good pain meds? Maybe call the dr and let them know you need something stronger for a few days. You should not just lay around in pain
    • Posted

Hi Shari!

Every time I try to reply it cuts me off so I hope this goes through. I had been taking only a half tablet of oxycodon although I can take one to two every four hours. So I just took a whole one. Feeling a little better already. Should I be trying to walk? So far I've only walked to go to the bathroom. It hurts to sit up. Did you have that too?

Thank you for writing!

• Posted

I didn't have much pain at all but that may be because my husband made me take my pain meds on a regular basis. Once the pain starts it is hard to get back under control. I say take everything they will let you. I walked a bit but I just took it easy the first week
    • Posted

Thank you...that's good advice. I didn't take the pills at first because you have to take them on a full stomach and I had no appetite. Also I was trying to be stoic. That was a big mistake. Now I ate and took the recommended dosages of the Motrin and oxycodone and feel ten times better! Thanks for the good advice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.