How long before I stop bleeding

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am just out of hospital after a blood transfusion which was needed after heavy bleeding and passing huge clots. I was diagnosed with fibroids and prescribed a 3 month course of esyma.

Not sure what I thought but I've only been on them for 4 days and I am still bleeding and passing clots. I am very worried as I do not want to go back in for another transfusion.

Any info/advice on this which would help me would be gratefully appreciated

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie,

I've been on Esmya for three weeks now after a hospital stay due to acute abdominal pains caused by the fibroids.

I had no bleeding at first but had a heavy period full of clots about a week late which lasted 5 days. I was told to start it immediately by my Gyne most people start during there cycle. So you should stop bleeding in the next few days.

I'd suggest going back to see someone if it doesn't stop in the next week or so, everyone reacts differently to this drug so you just need to keep note of any changes.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers

Marsha

• Posted

Hi , I was on Esmya for 3 months it it stop my bleeding but did not shrink my fibroids . I had a hysterectomy on 3rd may best decision I made . I am almost 3 weeks post on and wished I didn't waste my time taking Esmya .
  • Posted

Hi,

My consultant said it could take up to two weeks to fully stop bleeding. Unfortunately I have had to stop taking them but have heard good success stories with esmya.

• Posted

Oh thank you that really puts my mind at rest. . Its so good to hear from people like yourself who have had this

Many Thanks and I hope you are well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.