Hang in there

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on fluoxetine since January for pmdd disorder

I started on 20 mg and was on that dose for 4 months just recently I had it increased to 40mg and have had different side effects each day

For those just starting out it does get better stick through it its worth it

And don't give up because of temporary side effects any medication takes time for your body to adjust to

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Can you take 30 and work up to 40
    • Posted

I'm not sure if it comes in 10mgs to add to it I was told to take two 20's so now I'm on 40

You could inquire at the pharmacy or doctor

• Posted

I have been on flu 20mg for 4 weeks..and upped to 40mg and now on day 6.....I have handled all side effects possible......but I can't take more anxiety and panic...I still have to work..and i have to take xanax...or else I loose it...I hope it starts working soon.
    • Posted

It will, I wish we could speed up the process though

I'm on day 7 of new dose and I'm not having a bad day today

• Posted

Yeah. But I have severe anxiety and panic....and i dont see it going down...I'd hope it gets better..I'd don't want to get agoraphobia.
    • Posted

It will get better

Try to find ways to occupy your mind like drawing colouring, learning an instrument I have many games on my phone and tablet and I play instruments (im a music teacher ) I find keeping your mind busy helps with anxiety and stress

Also a positive outlook is key if you tell yourself this is temporary and it WILL get better it helps to stay positive and lessens the problems

It may not take it all away but it will help

Hang in there

• Posted

I did'nt take fluoxetine until aged 50 and I had had depression and anxiety most of my life.

I found that the side effects of headaches and feelng very sleepy lasted for a few months gradually lessening.

​Remember a talk by a medic from England and he was v positive about the use of antidepressents and suggested staying on them for longer to safeguard ones stability .

​If I ever talk to others the response is positive and the sense of them taking the edge off the pain seems a constant benefit and enabling on to hope that life events will level out a bit and improvement will arrive.

Stick at it and v best you will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.