Head pressure built up for last six months

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

Around the end of September I started to manifest this nasty head pressure. I can only assume it was because of stress caused from university. The symptoms ranged from teeth clenching, jaw ache and this high pitched ear ringing.

I spoke to my doctor at university who initially attributed my symptoms to depression. Throughout the year I found myself on more than a couple of occasions in hospital because of what I can only describe as this painful tight elastic band around my brain squeezing tightly and this rush of painful energy pulsating through my body.

On around two occasions I went to the doctors. The first one prescribed me citalopram for two weeks and that did nothing. The second one prescribed me amytriptaline for a few weeks and all that did was make me feel spaced out and affected my ability to wake up for uni.

My course has finished for the first year but the head pressure is still there always in the back of my brain. In the mornings after waking up it feels like my head will explode.

I don't feel like it's depression and I get regularly exercise five days a week. I eat a lot better now than I was and I sleep a good 7-8 hours a day.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A bad case of tmj?  A maxillary surgeon would know in regards to the jaw, tinnitus portion. Tmj causes headaches. The whole thing would be cord at stress. They make a soft mouth splint to help this. 
  • Posted

Thank you for the replies but I don't believe it's stress. I don't fell stressed, university has finished and I certainly don't feel the slightest bit depressed.

The pressure also circulates from the back of my head to my temples. It isn't painful but it's incredibly noticeable and has had a huge impact on my ability to focus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.