Uncontrollable Emotions: What to do? What is the cause?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I find myself literally not being able to control my emotions at all for the past several months - maybe since february, and it's ruining my friendships, relationships, self esteem. People think I'm mardy/attention seeking but I hate any attention when I'm crying. Any suggestions on what could be causing these emotions? I cry so easily, I feel hurt so easily and I feel vulnerable and scared sometimes. I used to be such a confident person but now that has literally disappeared and I find it hard to talk to new people, which is crap as I'm at a time in my life where I do this almost every day! 

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Oh huni I feel ur pain I am going through the same I even told my husband to leave 2 weeks ago couldn't stand him in house lost all feelings.I do feel a very little bit better but my emotions are very high cry all time even reading ur message I but into tears.in wish there was a magic wond
  • Posted

Ladies, neither of you say how old you are! Menopausal? Or depression? Either way you need to speak with your doctor.
  • Posted

your tears could mean you are near to being depressed.  Maybe you should have a chat with your  local Dr.
  • Posted

Hi

Its sounds like something has happened in your life in February. That was possibly overwhemling, or you have had a ot of stress or a traumatic event.. 

I usually get all these feelings when things get to much and I have anxiety and depression.. I go from a very confident person to someone that doesn't want to come out of the house or speak to anyone..

The positive is this can be turned around with a little bit of help.. As the others have suggested a visit to the doctor to discuss how your feeling..

Please feel free to ask any questions or if there is anything you want to discuss in private message that might help you..

• Posted

What you described is literally me! For example at work I find it easier to approach customers (as i work in retail) than stand and talk with my collegues - it's almost like i feel like im not wanting or im embarrassed that they might not appreciate my input. It is weird because ive never felt this way before but you really have helped me to understand things a little better and i think seeing a doctor is best. I pray for you to get better also, thank you for being so caring to share this with me. 
    • Posted

Your very welcome z00.. Please don't hesitate to comeback and chat here again if you need more support..

Thank you your very kind..I know from experience things will turn around again..

• Posted

Hi I'm sorry you're going through it and sounds like you're having a really hard time. The only thing I can recommend is to go and see a doctor as you may need some help. I hope you get the help you deserve. Ben
  • Posted

Hi. First things first.  Have you seen a doctor, a psychiatrist about this?  My emotions go all over the place, too.  I wake up sometimes crying.  I have a chemical imbalance that I'm on meds for. They're not antipychotics, but mild antidepressants.  I have trouble wanting to be around people too.  I hate it!  It just shouldn't be this way!  I know the feeling!  Sometimes I just can't go outside, don't want to be around people! I was never like this before....
    • Posted

You have typical symptoms of depression Leah....your meds will help with this.  I was having a pretty good today, until I went to the supermarket and bumped into someone who would wind up a saint......that's my anxiety, all part of my depression.....they go hand in hand
  • Posted

Thank you for everyone's messages, they've helped me understand that I'm not a total weirdo and that I should see a doctor soon, I do believe this is best. I'm 17 currently doing my A levels so I suppose this could be stress related? im not sure but thanks so much for the replies, I honestly didn't think there was anyone out there to help/understand! 
    • Posted

1 in 4 adults in the world suffer from it....so none of us are alone xxx
  • Posted

I get so emotional sometimes that it's hard for me to leave the house!   I hate that!
  • Posted

It sounds like you need help, have you talked to your doctor about it, if you do don't let him put you straight on medication ask for counseling first because medication dosn't always work & can sometimes make things worse , crying for no apparent reason can be a sign of a lot of things & with the emotional roller coaster you're on could be a sign of depression but you need to talk to someone. Please don't despair their is help out there , hope you get on ok .
  • Posted

Iris I am on meds.  Good ones.  I was demonstrating on how it gets "sometimes."  Thank you for caring though. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.