Stomach Ulcer top of stomach

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi my poor Hubby is unwell,waiting results following 4 biopsy s! But all tests are clear.so we are praying it's just an ulcer & nothing else.He's been on medication for 28 years for ( chronic osteo arthritis! Without a break! He is also on omprazole, Tylex,Robaxin, zydol.I am scared for him.We eat chicken, pasta, .Please keep finger's crossed! Regards Amanda

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Keep strong ..you are in my thoughts and prayers ..... You are not alone .We all suffer in our own ways  he will draw strength from your love and care . Dont forget to show compassion towards yourself as well . xx
    • Posted

Hi Alison, Thank you! I am not great myself as I have Arthritis & also Anxiety! I am scared & just hope these results won't take too long.Thank you again regards Amanda
  • Posted

I think you will find that your husband is probably going to be an unlucky one, I've had these symptoms for years and all the doctors can do is treat it with ante acids, they just say I've got an inflamed tummy good luck to your husband
    • Posted

Hi Trisha, Thank-you for your reply. Hubby has had an endescope, & colonoscopy. All clear including CLO test that they all have to do. That was clear. They have taken 4 biopsys as well. & said that there was nothing Sinister. But as I am a worry wort I am fearing some thing else. He is still eating & drinking. Poor chap he really does not need this on top of everyhting else. I am also trying to cut his awful meds out, as hes been on a rattle of meds over the last years too many. With out a proper review. !! So I am now having to ask him if he is in real pain or can he do with out. As he has chronic Osteo-arthritis of the back, hips & knees. Also hes deaf & severely sighted. He does like his cappachinos & tea ( de Caff) He has chicken, pasta, fish. Nothing fried. or spicy. I just pray its the ulcer. Have also got him taking Manuka Honey. As this is healing in itself. Sorry to moan. But I am a worry wort. Regards Amanda 
    • Posted

It's okay to worry, it would be unnatural if we didn't, I think your hubby has got a dodgy tummy full stop, it sounds so like all my symptoms and treatments, and it's stress is the key. I also have athritist of the knees and wear two hearing aids, your hubby and I sound a right pair. Your doing everything you can so if doctor says nothing sinister then I promise you they mean it. All the best
    • Posted

Hi Trisha, just saw your post and wondered if you have been diagnosed with gastritis. I had stomach ulcers earlier on this year and now have gastritis which just won't go away in spite of being on lansoprazole twice a day. Is there anything else you take that helps or do I just have to put up with it. I tested negative for h.pylori. Any advice would be appreciated as this is really getting me down.
    • Posted

I've had the lot, helicabacter, gastritis , ulcers inflamed duodenum, I take esomeprazole, 40mg twice a day, I take gaviscon, and avoid fried, spicy or rich food, doctor says nothing more they can do,some days worse than others, it's just one of those things I have to live with sorry couldn't offer anything more positive x
    • Posted

Has the h.pylori gone and have all your symptoms been caused by that? I'm seeing my gp this afternoon to see if she can offer any other advice. When it's bad it stops me from sleeping and then I find it difficult to cope.bi wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. May I ask how old you are? I'm 60
    • Posted

Hi My Husband is awaiting 4 Biopsy results. !! I am really praying it will be just his ulcer thats playing up & nothing more serious. We were told last week when he had a colonoscopy & endescope that all was ok and that 4 samples had been taken. His test for H pylori is negative. He is also on omprazole (20 mg x a day. ) as well as a whole load of other nasty drugs for his Osteo arthritis. But over 27 years of all this drugs I thi nk that they have caused inflammation of his stomach. I pray I am right and its nothing else. Sorry I am absolutley scared. My Anxiety is high. regards Amanda
    • Posted

I,m 48, I have had the symptoms of a temperamental tummy since my 30's when I caught a bad case of food poisoning dr says it's upset acids,bacteria and anything else that can give you pain, so I try to cope best I can. With having it for so long I can tend to know if it's going to flare up now and just try double anti acid medication, and watch what I'm eating etc. Good luck with the doctors

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.