DAY 8 ON UPPED DOSE 40MG FLUOXETINE.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on 20mg  for 4 weeks and 8 days on upped dose, still feel the same. I was given for anxiety and panic. is it normal to feel this terrified on this med. Im constantly at edge, I  have to take xanax or i feel i cant function, i'ts becoming really hard to drive as im becoming scared to. How much longer before i see some releif? any success stories.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm on 20mg of fluxetine and on day 19. My anxiety levels are way up and I'm constantly on edge. I have been assured this will pass as fluxetine takes a while to work properly for some people 4 to 6 weeks (longer for some) tho if I'm still the same after 6 weeks I'm going to come off it. Stay strong x
    • Posted

Yeah i dont know how ive come this far....if they would have told me i would have to endure all this i would have never taken it but im already in this far might as well keep going.

• Posted

hope it starts to help with the A soon - I would make sure you chat to someone - GP or counsellor and that way you can combine different help.

v.best

• Posted

i am going to a therapist, today i thougth i had seen the light, i woke up great, drove to work , no anxiety , no panic, but now being 3pm starting to feel it creeping up, but i mostly have a huge headache, hoping this is a start of better days!
    • Posted

I imagine the upped dosage would give you a headache - no gain without pain and I hope the talking does you good and any routine - getting out for a walk or phone a friend - good you sleep - healing is a gradual thing.

​take care and  hope you will feel stronger day by day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.