Adrenal insufficiency. Need Help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, my name is Max and I have 25 years. In 2005, I got sick very hard and doctors for years could not diagnose me. I was diagnosed only after 9 years, it turned out that it neuroborreliosis, Bartonellosis or tick-borne diseases. Neroborelioza etc. caused me apart from the terrible physical pain, enormous changes in the psychological (anxiety, fear, depression). Around 2010 by these diseases began to have typical symptoms of fatigue, adrenal: weight gain, the demand for sweets salt, sleep problems, night I could not sleep and get up in the morning, etc. In phase 2-3 only I had elevated cortisol and all studies in the standard as it is known in the diagnosis of adrenal hormones is. Of course for doctors it was okay and no one told me then that I weaken the adrenal glands. Naturally cure in neuroborreliosis (which I had no idea) it would be impossible but could even take supplements or herbs adaptogens that lower hormones and play the so-called time. In 2014, already I started to lose weight terribly, losing strength terrible feel the cold, sweat August non-stop and urinate terribly often, varicose veins and pale complexion cold feet and hands, etc. (typical adrenal burnout) .In December 2014 diagnosed neuroborreliosis me, and I started treatment Bartonellosis herbs and antibiotics. The treatment for several months destroyed my adrenal glands. I’m so weak and dehydrated, it is difficult to perform my core activities. We know that doctors do not have help because as you know is detectable only Addisson (normal renal cortex adrenal detects isolated cases). Even my kidneys began to fail me drainage and me ache. I’m too weak kidneys plus supplementation to huge doses of vitamins, salt and eat plenty of protein. Does my state can do to help, I mean if there are any herbs that increase hormones and restrain drainage (as does aldosterone) without harming the kidneys? Are there any you can recommend me a single or a mixture of herbs? Not only those on the phase of weight gain because they reduce the hormones and worsen condition.Bo I’m already sick of these torments so many years of tick borne diseases and now inefficient adrenals. I would have the strength after some herbs and normally as live. Thank you to all who will write and post something advise, help, herb some in this difficult situation my. I greet and wish you all good health and stamina!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ricco,

I have primary Addison's since 1993, I was 36.

I am now sixty. I was about close to death when I was diagnosed, so I have had all the symptoms.

From what I understand, you have been ill since the age of 15, diagnosed with a disease. tick borne related. I don't have any knowledge of them, but it sound as if you were taking medication that you feel damaged your adrenals.

So, let's address this.

1. Did a doctor test you and state that you had adrenal insufficiency?

2. Are you stating you know your adrenals are insufficient because of the symptoms?

3. In my opinion,supplements are great, but for your problem, if you need more cortisol and aldosterone. You need medication daily.

4. Stop looking for a solution with supplements.

If your adrenals to not produce enough cortisol you will feel sick and if they get low enough, you will pass out and if no one knows what's wrong with you. You will die.

5. Look on other website also. They are stories that address this issue, many people take on 15mg daily and live a absolutely healthy life.

Again, address solution with a endocrinologist. Stop the herbal route before it too late.

Darlene

• Posted

Hi Darlene

Unfortunately, the problem is to diagnose because normal adrenal insufficiency is undetectable (in badniach everything is normal, even the lowest), and no one will give me medication, no doctor. Detectable in the study is the only form of Addison and it's a completely different character and it is detectable. Even inefficient bark (ordinary character) hormones are normal and the doctors are not interested in that I have all the symptoms of failure, about whom I wrote and say that man is healthy and I barely performs basic actions. They are of course very very rare cases with ordinary adrenal insufficiency August detects a miracle barely below the lowest limit but they are a single person in the whole country and you need to be studied for years and the hospitals ride and believe that one day in August will catch slightly below normal. That's why I'm sorry, but that just write part Addison is better because although come on research and doctors will give these (oczywisice chemical) drugs and the man somehow alive and the strength of taking them every day. And I do not have the strength to walk, put up with the doctors because I was so in undiagnosed for 9 years neuroborreliosis and I am terribly tired(A miracle that lived to the diagnosis, although there is no tick-borne disease so late diagnosed drug and effects on the body are tragic example of not treating adrenal insufficiency is one of the consequences), and hear that I'm healthy because they do not care. A little, misunderstood because the failure of the adrenal cortex have the neuroboreliosis to which the sick bearing 15, but was diagnosed after 9 years in 2014 because doctors did not know what to me is because hard to diagnose such diseases, doctors do not have know about them and studies they are unreliable. Thanks for the reply and wish you good health

• Posted

If I understand you correctly, your stating the doctors did diagnosis you with Adrenal Insufficiency?

If that is so, another wards out that diagnosis on your file, then they would have to give you a medication for top up cortisol, mainly Hydrocortisone.

You have a right to ask for copy of your medical files!

Ask for s copy, then read it. Individuals with insufficiency are given lower doses, mainly 10, 15mg. Split in several doses. You have a right to feel good.

Only you know how you feel. Example, I just recently after 23 years of having Addison's look at possibility of reducing my Hydrocortisone from 30mg to 25mg.

This was address the possibility of helping my bone decline, I am now 60.

The effects are CUMMULATIVE! After 18 day, Ihad to give in ad amho back to 30mg. After about 12 days, I growing tired earlier in the day,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.