Tramadevil

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have successfully tapered off Tramadol and took my last pill exactly 3 months ago. I am still in PAWS and have been left with very low mood, chronic fatigue, put on a lot of weight, no interest in anything, still having slight withdrawal symptoms, and just generally feel so fed up with it all.

was just wondering if anyone who has been on Tramadol long term has successfully come off them and how long has it taken to feel human again!

I just want to feel like the old me and not this depressed mess that I am

Thank u x

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

To get back to the "old" you, you have to work at it.  You have to make the conscious effort. By admitting how you feel is half the battle, don't let it rest there, do something!!! take up a craft if you are having mobility issues, go swimming, The summer is here, go for gentle walks, get those endorphins working.

Withdrawals are a real pain, but a lot of it is your brain saying "I want".  It is up to you to say no!  If you are really depressed speak to your doctor.  You do not have to be on anti depressants for a long amount of time, just long enough to lift your spirits and make you feel strong enough to kick yourself in the proverbial butt.

Pat yourself on the back, you have earned the reward, now you and only you have to do the rest, it is not difficult, just be creative

• Posted

Thank u 💖

Yep, gonna try and get myself moving, just needed to hear it from someone x

• Posted

It may seem like a real chore, but it needs to be done, if you enjoy cooking, do some baking, the concentration will take your mind of your issues and the smell will just kick start your brain.  The trick is to be consciously active, even if your chin is scraping the floor.  It is do-able without the help of drugs, buy some essential oils, there are quite a few uplifting ones; dab a spot on your pulse points and on the tip of your nose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.