Had Nissen Partial Fundolication

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please can someone help? I had surgery 1 week ago and I've never been in so much pain, surgery was fine not too painful but the constant hiccups and having are horrendous, I feel like if an elephant is sat on my chest, so much acid building up. I was told by surgeon this was normal, really?! 2 days after surgery was out back on my usual dose of antacid and whereas in the past if help now I feel it isn't doing anything! I can't have a sip of water without experiencing acute pain after. Is anyone out there who has experienced these before? Any help much appreciated

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

first of all watch your diet carefully dont push things but do hydrate and have broth jello sherbet things like that at first...then go to nutritious smoothies broth chicken veg but in thickened smoothies thats comes later when u can take all the clear liquids well....hiccups how fast r u eating and small small amounts each time....its all about small amounts and slow...hiccups i do get them but occasionally now...slow down a bit maybe your drinking too fast and too much.  In the beginning my dr said only 4 ounces at a time....now that is about every hr i was so hungry...i am 3 months now and its all finally coming together...never did i have pain, maybe u better call your dr for that.....good luck and god bless
    • Posted

Hi Liz

Thank you for your response. I had to undergo corrective surgery as I developed loads of scarred tissue and eventually blocked the passage into the stomach. Also surgeons took two stitches out as it looked too narrow. It's been now 10 days since second surgery and although I feel better I'm still unable, in spite of surgeons pushing me to eat sloppy food, to eat only liquids and soups. I guess it's all a matter of time! Thanks again

• Posted

Hi juan1971,

I have hiatus hernia, and I was thinking of going through surgery route

I have seen a consultant at British hernia centre and he said after few tests

He will decide if I need one or not. But now I am scarred after I read

Your story! Can I ask you to tell your story in details please? What symptoms

Did you have? Where did you have the surgery done?

Thank you very much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.