cause of anxiety and much more

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello friends, I have been browsing through the net and evrytime i type my symtoms, this lead me to LYME disease.

Lyme disease is a bacteria which affect our nervous sytems thus resulting in all sorts of troubles same as anxiety and panic attacks.

Anyone have gone through the test? whats your opinion?

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Where do you live? The reason I ask is because there are places where Lymes disease is more prevalent and there are places where it doesn't exist. That doesn't mean that if you live in an area where it doesn't exist that you can't have it. You may have contracted it while visiting an area with a high incidence of Lymes disease.

Do you own a dog or cat? Do you often take walks in the countryside? The reason I ask is that Lymes is passed to humans by tick bite.

If you live in a high risk area and you do own pets and walk regularly in the countryside you should see a dr and get tested.

• Posted

Am from Mauritius and have 3 dogs and a cat and there is chance that I might have this. I will get to my GP soon to talk about it. Hopefully its just LYme because here we dont have good  therapist for panic disorder
    • Posted

Believe me, you would be much better having a panic disorder than Lymes disease. Lymes disease is a pretty awful disease and the prognosis can be quite bad.
    • Posted

My nephew has it since being bitten by a tic last year
  • Posted

You get lime disease when you've been bitten by a tic, so you would have local inflammation first
  • Posted

If you have had a full medical and you have been given a clean bill of health then this is probably anxiety related.

Dont google stuff or look illnesses up if you really think you have this go and see a doctor

Stay Strong

• Posted

Lyme disease is caused when a person is bitten by a deer tick.  It is a completely different kind of tick that cats and dogs get.  Have you noticed a bullseye swelling (they can get pretty big and are very distinctive)?  That is where the tick has bitten you.  Many people don't know they have it until they are tested and the symptoms are varied from diffuse pain, lethargy, brain fog, you name it.  Get tested before you worry, it could be something entirely different.  Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
    • Posted

The reason I asked if she had a dog is because people with dogs often walk them in the countryside where ticks are found. And do you think a deer tick would bite a human but refuse to bite a dog?
    • Posted

The Brown Dog tick in the United Kingdom can and has spread Lymes disease to humans
    • Posted

Tics are becoming rife in the UK.  MY nephew is suffering Lyme disease from such a bite to the leg after camping
    • Posted

I hope your nephews case was caught early. It must be very frightening knowing someone you love has this potentially horrible illness.
    • Posted

It was caught straight away because of the inflammation, but he is still quite poorly with it
    • Posted

Jack,  there is no evidence that the brown dog tick can transmit Lymes. Only black legged deer ticks carry the bacteria.  Most ticks do not.  Yes, the deer tick can feed off of Fido or Fluffy but the pets cannot transmit the disease.  However, once the tick feeds off of Fido, it will drop off and can land in your yard and subsequently, bite you.  It takes 36-48 hours of feeding on anything for it to transmit the bacterium.  If Fido's owner likes to walk thru tall grasses and wooded areas, you should check you both post walk.  Get Fido an anti tick collar if you are in a high risk area and wear long pants in suspect areas.  LYme began in Lyme, Connecticut in 1975.  Baby ticks bite rodents, fall off, and move to a new host as a nymph and again as adults.  80-90% of people who are bitten will have a bullseye rash but almost everyone will run a nk it is just something going on with them, etc.  It cannot be detected by tests (unless you find the tick and have it analyzed) until you have been infected for months or years.  You will truly get a negative result if you get tested before that so having the tick analyzed is the only quick way to see if it is infected.  AND, it may or may not have been feeding on you for more than 36-48 hours.  My niece has it and has been ill for a long time because she did not get the rash and, of course, was misdiagnosed for years and now hers is considered chronic.  Our family is well informed about this because of our niece.  It is a heartbreaking disease to have.
    • Posted

In the UK, sheep foxes and hedgehogs are more likely to get the disease because they like tall grass and wooded areas.  The English brown tick can, indeed carry and transmit Lyme.
    • Posted

Thankyou for all that info on Lymes disease. It is somethingn I worry about because I do walk my dog out in the countryside a lot and I have found ticks on him many times. It's good to be informed. I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge.
    • Posted

jack......I'm asking advice.  Been diagnosed with pneumonia on Tuesday night....got typical symptoms such as blood in sputum, rattle chest, fatigue, loss of appetite.  Given amoxicillin.  I have felt very hot today, will that be the a/b's starting to work.? I don't know now which symptoms are depression and which are pneumonia right now.......I just know I'm flat out
    • Posted

It sounds to me like you have a raised temperature and might be slightly hypoxic due to the pneumonia. I can't really give advice. But I can suggest that you may need a second line antibiotic such as doxycycline. Take paracetamol for the temperature, drink plenty of fluids and try to see your GP in the morning. Obviously if your breathing becomes laboured call NHS 24. You must be feeling dreadful. I hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

Good Morning Iris, I hope you are feeling a bit better today. If you are feeling just as bad I think you should see a doctor as you might need a second antibiotic like doxycycline. Hoping you get better soon.

Jack

• Posted

I've just called the surgery cod I don't feel any better. Spoke to sister/practitioner and she said I will still be feeling poorly cod it's only day3 if the antibiotics. Having dizziness and tinnitus, and depression doesn't help
    • Posted

Saw doc an hour ago.....got doxycycline 100mg
    • Posted

Hi Iris, thank you I am on Doxycyline since 5days due to some skin problems but have not been tested for LYme. Do you think it will cure lyme? What did your doc said?
    • Posted

I've still got I fiction on my left lung.  Yes, this med is prescribed for Lymes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.