Concern about a cyst

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was sent to the ER four days ago because of a sudden, severe abdominal pain. The gynecologist was from hell: yelled at me for going to the hospital for such a small thing. Prescribed only pain medicine.

On monday (two days ago) I went to ER again, becaus the pain didn't stop. It was better but I was still in pain. Blood results showed 11.6sth of leukocytes, and I had a mild fewer. Echoscopy showed a 4x5.2 cm cyst with several(?) Walls and free fluid (1cm) in the abdomen. I was prescribed antibiotics. I went to see my gynecologist again yesterday. She said that there wass a lot of free fluid in my abdomen area, and the cyst looked weird/different that what she is used to see. Told me to continue my antibiotics course and see her after my period.

Should I be worried? The pain is still continuing. Not severe, but uncomfortable. My abdomen feels bloeted, my pants wont fit, I don't want to eat.

Should I be worried? Can it be a cancerous cyst?

Sorry for being paranoid smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would get a second opinion. Have you seen your primary care physician about this?
  • Posted

I agree with Barbara I would get a second opinion on this too, if it were me I would insisted she did some tests there and then.  Good luck
  • Posted

Personally if it was me.i would see another doctor and explain the pain and the anxiety this is causing you. Dont be fobbed of with bad tempered consultants.

Take care G x

• Posted

Hi hun i also had this pain 3 yrs ago and was told it was ibs,it was a dermoid benign tumor;cyst ,when i has the op ,next morning the surgeon came to see me and was so sorry as it was ready to burst,was 3.5 times around my ovary,torsion,it is not cancer hun ,sounds same as i had,go back phone them ,i suffered lots pain ,but you should not have to hurt ,unfair .tell them your still in pain and need the cyst removed asap ,hope this helps but dont think its cancer it isnt ,all the best and be well soon hope goes well tc xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.