Still in difficult situation.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone

About 15 days ago i posted this

"I am from Pakistan and in our society we live together so every member has to contribute and if some one is not doing that then he useless. I am a university student and i am doing BBA. My history is that i am not good with studies, by the start of this year i should have completed my BBA but i didnt, when I started this i wasnt sure whether i am capable of doing this or not I just wanted a degree in my hand, i think iam a usless person, i had two elder brothers and they are well educated and well settled in thier life one is married and other one will bhi married in this december when i see them i think i am the most worst person in the world, although i have a love of my life I love her so much i want to marry her but iam not that educated and setteled. Sometimes i think i should be dead that some one will kill me one day and all of that will end with my self i had imaginations that i want to commit suicide and if i do that all the problems that i am in will end and my family will be in a better place than right now. I dont know what yo do with myself. I have friends in my life but i am too scared to tell this to anyone my family members, my friends and even i scared to tell her i think she will be scared and she will leave me for sure and thats the wrong way that i dont want to go. I need some one in my life that he or she will keep this secret to his or herself and help me on these kind of things thats why i didnt tell my name. I have low confidence i think when i speak i speak stupidly I am not good with studies i love sport like cricket, i wanted to be in a national cricket team but for family reasons i had to forget about that because its to risky and now i cant even take the chance beacuse i am 25 and also a smoker. Only one thing that i think i can be good at it that is cricket. I really need someone i might commit suicide one day and i dont want to hurt my mother and my girl with that kind of bad news please some one help me."

I am still helpless and hopless, I am searching google how to commit suicide, some great people tried to help me and also i tried my best, I start going to gym, trying to think out of the box, helping others like of someone is in a needy situation i tried to help them that somehow they dont feel like how I am feeling, i have started doing some card tricks when I am alone to get all these thing out of my mind but some where in my mind i have these thoughts that i am burden on my family, these kinds of thoughts making me to think negative when i am trying to stay positive, some of the people who helped me said that you shoulf start training some kids to how to play cricket I also tried that but I have noticed that I am kinda alone guy i want to be in my room just stairng at celling and i know its totally worthless and after wasting my hours on that the last thing that came in my head that you should commit suicide, can someone tell me that how should I get rid of these thought give me some advice to socailize with people, i need to come out of my shell. I have created one abd that shell keeping me to think negative. My smoking habbit is making these things worst in a day i smoked 2 packets of cigarettes. Is there any one who can tell me that how i resist these kind of things.

And if you find any mistakes in the language than I am so sorry. Its the effect of not being socail.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't think you are a useless person. Far from it. English is not your first language but you have managed to articulate exactly how you feel very well. It does sound like you are very troubled. I can only imagine that your family circumstances and culture make these feelings more difficult to deal with. 

You are obviously a good, kind man. That is obvious by the way you describe how you don't want to do anything that would hurt your family or the woman you love.

Dont compare yourself to your brothers. You are your own man. I don't think you have a great sense of purpose. Having a sense of purpose, a reason for everything you do is important and can make life worthwhile, even exciting.

You seem to feel a great sense of responsibility for the people who are important in your life. This shows that you are compassionate. Have some faith that the people you love, may love you in return and want you to be happy.

Take some time to explore things that are meaningful to you. You are a clever and capable man, there is so much you could do if you put your mind to it.

You are still a young man. There must be things you are interested in. I'm sure if you stop trying to please everyone else and live up to what you think are the expectations of your family, and instead think about what your own expectations are. If you are able to make a living doing something you enjoy and has meaning to you and share your life with the woman you love; that is success......by any measure.

Dont be afraid to follow your own dream, have faith in yourself, And enjoy being a young man!

• Posted

"You seem to feel a great sense of responsibility for the people who are important in your life"

If its true then how should I handle this, I mean i dont know where to start?

• Posted

First of all you should start by telling yourself that you are not a bad person for feeling this way. There is nothing morally wrong with feeling depressed, anxious or like maybe you've lost your way.

You mentioned that you have thought of ending your life. Why do you feel this way? Do you find life unsatisying? Are you fearful of the future?

I do think maybe you would find an antidepressant helpful. Sometimes feeling depressed is an illness. If you had a bad cough, you would go to the doctor, he would give you some pills and soon you would feel better.

An antidepressant won't fix everything, but it will help.

Finding someone you can talk to honestly about how you feel will help, someone you trust, someone who won't judge you. That might be something you will find difficult.

This terrible way you feel is something that will go away, it is something you can overcome.

• Posted

Thank you so much for everything I will try this for sure thank you so much
    • Posted

Hi wanting to commit suicide is a red flag that you need urgent treatment for your depression.  It is this which is making you  have such negative thoughts about yourself.   These feelings are false so please don't listen to them.   Rely on the support and help of those who love you.   You must see a doctor asap.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.