depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

has any 1 ever felt that bad they think there dieing,cant concentrate for a few seconds sometime u feel ok then back to feel strange,just started my citrapram again but never felt like this last timje,please some1 help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gary I take Citalopram and if I miss a day or so then I get the same feelings to be honest talk to your Dr , it may be you are either on too high or too low a dose ! seriously dont worry just remember it is the medication rather than you going crazy! Just make sure your Dr knows what is going on, If it gets so you feel you can not cope go to A+E they know what Citalopram can do to the mind and may take you off it and put you on something more suitable!  Good luck! 
    • Posted

just started on 10mg again,i feel horrible,i feel week and just cant concentrate,and feel like somthings not right,
  • Posted

I think you can get distorted thinking when you start some drugs and concentration can also be poor.  When the tablets kick in your fears and anxieties should go.
  • Posted

Hi Gary,

​I am not n Citrapam, but I do get the feelings you're describing, especially in the mornings.  I don't know if it's from my meds or a biochemcial imbalance. I think it's the latter.  I pray you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Gary you should feed this back to your doctor but it's probably a side effect of the meds. Poor concentration is a typical symptom of depression and I suffer from very poor concentration even after being on meds for over a year. Hang in there and take it easy!
    • Posted

been to docs today and he said 10mg is like a kiddies dose so hes put med up to 20 so will see how that goes tonight,having 1 of thoose many rare moments were i feel okish at the mo,thanks 4 your reply,wat mg are you on?

• Posted

I'm on venlafaxine 150mg ...been on this for about three weeks and it's starting to work a bit as I don't feel quite as down as I did. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit ok, hope you start feeling better soon.
    • Posted

think in this day and age and all the medical advances we have they would be able to sort it for every 1 with a course of tablets
    • Posted

You'd think so! They just don't know enough about the mind and how it works. We've got a long way to go in understanding mental health
    • Posted

dosent help when there reducing funds either,when i go to see my councilor they dont even have any1 on reception now,sad times realy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.