6 weeks and 2 days, and still very anxious

Posted , 4 users are following.

At 5 weeks, a week last Tuesday, I had what was a reasonably good day, thought I was on the up, but ever sice I seem to have gone a lot worse again, which has put me on a complete downer...... If I go out I want to be back in, I don't know were I want to be.... I can't have a normal conversation with anyone, unless it's about the way I feel, never seem to have a good laugh anymore....Hate it when my kids come now, love to see them, but don't want to upset them, as they just want to see me better and smile again, they worry about me, I hate them asking me how i am, cos I can't lie, so then i upset them, then i go down in my own estimation..... Seeing a Councillor, she thinks I have delayed grieving for my late husband 3 years ago, as all this came on me last August, had 3 sessions from the Councillor, only another 3 to have, I don't think that it will be enough, full of anxiety also still not got an appetite,but do eat, lost weight, felt that bit better weeks ago, would of thought by now I would be a whole lot better.... Have had Fluoxetine years ago, and didn't feel like this on them, mind you, I wasn't alone then.....Can this medication take a lot longer to work? and can you go worse before better.... Please can someone reasure me  x   sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The difficult thing with anxiety and depression is that it is grounded in past events which then appear in our present day to day lives leaving us feeling confused. good you are getting help and perhaps you will be able to extend the time or find someone else for support by then.have'nt got kids so don't know what is best advice just be yourself and do your best which its what you have always done I'm sure.Guess the thing to remember is you are doing all you can and have support and that you will make it through the ups and downs.

probably no help at all - but I find being out doors in the garden helps - after a few hours outside definetly feel better .

take care and wishing you well.smile

• Posted

Hi Andy, thanks for your support, had a few better days.... it has been up and down, but better than it was.... have been outside myself today, gardening.... Thanks again ... Hilary
  • Posted

It takes time but is worth it it does get better

Any medication takes time to adjust to

You just have to push through and let the medicine work

What dose are you on? My medication was just increased to 40mg I still feel sad some days but I don't cry anymore I cried over anything before so I know it works taking this

Just be the best you can be smile

• Posted

What mg are you on? I was on 10 and was so nauseous I couldn't even stand the smell of food. It leveled out as far as the nausea, but the anxiety didn't. I'm also trying to titrate off Paxil. I don't know if it's the Paxil or Prozac giving me so many problems. I've been on Prozac before and it did really good. I'm wondering if the generic of it has made so many people have issues. My doc told me to go down to 5mg and symptoms are even worse.

I don't know what to do.

• Posted

Hi Tonia, I am taking 20ml Fluoxetine, did give me Diazepam to help with side affects, but didn't take them as prescibed, did to start with then got it down to 2 halves, then 1 half, now half every other day.... i now think the Fluoxetine are starting to work, don't feel marvelous, but a little better at times.... it is 7 weeks for me tomorrow, I am still shaking at times, and my mustles feel weak, and the anxiety comes and goes, hang on in there..... I do think you are right about the tablets being different, as i had Fluoxetine years ago, with no side affects.... had some weird side affects, and you end up thinking is this me, thank god for this site, we help each other out..... Hilary x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.