Antibiotics

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've suffered depression for some months now, but lately was given antibiotics for a chest infection. (Amoxicillin 500mg x 3 per day). I am absolutely drained, no appetite, no motivation. Is this normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You have an infection. If course its normal. Rest up and in a day or two of taking the antibiotics you will feel much better.
  • Posted

Depression, along with being sick will make you very tired.  Some antibiotics can make you very tired, too.  Hang in there, this, too, shall pass. 
    • Posted

I really thought the depression was lifting, then went off my food and had the usual symptoms of pneumonia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.