Hip Fracture plus lthr

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone here had the experience of healing from a fracture which has been wired as well as a thr? I am just curious about their experience and recovery from it? Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes! I wrote a couple of posts about it but didn't get much response. Think we are quite rare!

I am 13 weeks post op now and was non weight bearing for first 8 weeks.

How are you doing?

Basia

• Posted

Thanks for asking Basia      I feel good and feel like I could walk without pain. I am oly 50% weight bearing I'm 4 weeks post op, I am afraid that I'll be told to stay off leg for another month. Grrrrrr
  • Posted

hi Cindy,

I had 2 THR surgeries, no fractures though. .

must be very challenging ...so much healing needs to take place. .

are you full weight bearing?

Basia, how are you getting on?

Big warm hug to both of you.

renee < >

• Posted

The only cure to hip joint is exercise , more you do exercises more you muscles will be strong to hold thud. I had foot drop after hip joint operation. The nerve got compressed due , which got released after operation , doctor told do exercise.which I doing . It's a time consuming process but treatment for this is exercise
  • Posted

The only cure to hip joint is exercise , more you do exercises more you muscles will be strong to hold thud. I had foot drop after hip joint operation. The nerve got compressed due , which got released after operation , doctor told do exercise.which I doing . It's a time consuming process but treatment for this is exercise
  • Posted

HI Cindy

I had a fracture when I had a THR, the fracture was wired during surgery. I was limited to 20 percent weight bearing for 6 weeks and had to use two crutches. during the first 6 weeks I attended physio twice a week, I was off work for three months but went back to work without the need of a crutch or cane. I was back riding my horse three months later. 

during the first six weeks go careful but continue with exercises and you should be fine.

Wishing you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.