10th day

Posted , 13 users are following.

Good morning lovelies, well this is my 10th day after op. Is it normal to still be in such discomfort. Swellings gone down quite a bit today, yesterday I thought my skin was going to burst. ย I think I just need reassurance that I'm not the only one who's finding this whole thing very painful and slow. I suffer with anxiety so nausea has been a big problem for me, also I've always been a keep fit freak and not being able to do the thing that makes me feel good are taking its toll. ๐Ÿ’

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes. I was in discomfort for weeks and i still struggle to sit comfortably on certain chairs. For the first 4 weeks i struggled the most in bed. I had to get up atleast twice and hour to walk because of the stiffness anf muscle pain.

I was incredibly swollen from my stomach downwards for about 5 weeks and my ankles are still swollen now at 7.

Dont worry, it is very early days. I think people dont realise that they are going to be sore, stiff, achy and swollen after surgery for a while x

• Posted

Many thanks Sarah, I was feeling very disappointed in my progress but, you made me feel normal, thanks again, and I hope you're feeling better soon. ๐Ÿ’–
    • Posted

Yeah dont worry. Your doing fine. I think mist people who are having this as there first surgery dont know what to expect. Mines my 13th so im pretty knowledgable hahaha. Which is a bit sad
    • Posted

Hello Sarah, love your attitude, you have been through a lot chick. I'm feeling much better today down to one crutch, so I have one free hand to carry things from room to room, which makes me feel less vulnerable. Your strength is contagious, and given me such a boost. Thank you again Sarah for your kindness. Hope you go from strength to strength. Love and luck. ๐Ÿ’–
  • Posted

Hi Julia

It is very normal to be sore at this stage. So many people see freinds and relitives who've had THR and they are back to normal they never knew the severity รฒf the procedure. Make sure you take pain relief it's your friend right now and keep up physio. I'm 8 months down the line, been back to work for 5 months and feel great. Be patient it does get better.

Good luck.

Alan

• Posted

Many thanks Alan, I'm not used to being so helpless, usually I'm the one doing the caring. It is scary how weak and useless you feel. Glad to hear a success story like yours, gives me hope. Thanks again for taking the time to reassure me, very much appreciated. ๐Ÿ’–
  • Posted

Hi Julia,

Normal I am afraid it takes quite a while be patient, take pain meds rest up and also keep up physio it will be fine. ย It's really very early days.

take care.

Lorna

• Posted

Hi Julia,

I'm 4 wks post op today. I have done more in the last wk since my op. Looking forward to what else I can do this wk. My ankle /foot is still swollen, but have to give it time. Things do get better

Brenda xx

• Posted

Hello Brenda, many thanks for your reply. Not feeling so alone and scared now that I know there are kind people out there who take the time to try and reasure you. Glad to hear your feeling better, hope it's all good days for you from now on. ๐Ÿ’–
    • Posted

Hi Julie,

Little update. Hubby took me supermarket today. I went on my crutches but I walked around pushing the trolley instead. (It's the little things)

Brenda xx

• Posted

Isn't it wonderful to be able to use a shopping trolley as a walking aid?

I well remember my first recoveryย using the flat floor of our local supermarket to get my first 'out of the house' walking experience.

Keep a log of your triumphs and then look back in a few weeks - you will be amazed at your recovery progress.

I logged my progress on my website - and many others have been using it to gauge their own progress. ย Don't be discouraged however if you cannot do everything someone else can manage, we are all unique and we all recover at different rates.

Graham - ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ’ƒ

• Posted

Hello Brenda, well done, sounds like your heading in the right direction. Hope you go from strength to strength. Here's to many more good days. Love and luck. ๐Ÿ’–
  • Posted

Perfectly normal, you will have pain & discomfort for a good while. I still have discomfort. Be patient and take those pain killers!
    • Posted

Hello Patricia, many thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm a bit of a basket case at the moment, so glad I found this site. Looks like I'm in for a rougher ride than I was expecting, a big shock to the system. Take care and best wishes. ๐Ÿ’–

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.