Bisoprolol - forgot dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me here?

Yesterday I forgot my morning dose of bisoprolol.

So I didn't take it later when I realised I'd forgotten it.

This morning I've woken up and am feeling a bit anxious. Is this usual when forgotten the dose the day before?

Or could it be a side effect of Naproxen that I was put on a few days ago for jaw pain. caised by inflammation

Many rhanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Rosemary, could you just be anxious just because you forgot your tablet? Are you on them for heart probs or high BP? I am on them for heart and forgot one once and got a bit stressy about it as I was worried my heart rate would shoot up to 100 miles an hour but of course it didn't as it stays in your system for a while anyway, so long as you take your tablets the next day and continue then all should be ok.

Phoebe

• Posted

Hi Phoebe

No, I wasn't anxious that I hadn't taken it.

I saw it sitting I'm the mantlepiece yesterday afternoon so put it in the bin and didn't give it a second thought.

I'm not on it for heart or high BP.

I'm in.it for migraines.

I was on Inderal LA for migraines and it was discontinued.

So Dr tried me on others similar but didn't get on with them at all well, so he put me on bisoprolol

Best wishes

Rose

• Posted

Hi Phoebe

No I'm not anxious about not taking it.

I saw it sitting on the mantlepiece yesterday afternoon so as it was so late I put it in the bin and forgot about it.

I am not on it for heart or BP.

I am on it for migraines.

I was on Inderal LA but it was discontinued.

My Dr tried me in others that were supposed to be the same but I didn't like them so he put me on bisoprolol.

Thanks Phoebe

• Posted

Crumbs I didn't know it was taken for migraines as well, GP's seem to like dishing this drug out, I had heard that it was because it was the cheapest option, don't know how true that is, I hate taking it, it makes me feel awful, I've been on it for over 2 years now and some days I feel like a zombie and can hardly put one foot in front of the other.
  • Posted

Hi Rosemary. Like I said I was on 10 mg of biso per day. I haven cutting down since end of April. I a, down to morning dose only of 2.5 mg. by late afternoon I have bad withdrawal symptoms. Sweating shaking a very anxious felling feel dreadful for quite a while. I sometimes think I am having a hypo ( I am on insulin for diabetes). Probably why u felt bad when u forgot ur tablet.  This drug is horrendous.   Also this to Lisa & Josephine for replays ur
    • Posted

Hi Ann

Oh dear I am soooo sorry to hear about your withdrawals.

I felt like that when my Inderal LA was discontinued and Dr put me on another beta blocker but it was not comparable to Inderal LA.

So he put me on bisoprolol.

Are yoy reducing for a specific reason?

I really feel for you. The anxiety it gives is horrendous.

Particularly as if like me you've never suffered from anxiety. I thought I was going mad.

Did you get these symptoms after each dose reduction and did they wear off.

Best wishes

Rose

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.