HYPOTHYROIDISM AND THROAT ISSUE

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I am hypothyroid patient last 10 years. From last year i am facing many issue's like depression, anxity, chest pain, weakness, less sleep, and many more but from last 2 month i am feeling something stuck in my throad, something like mucus or lump. I really don't know what is that i tried to spit out but nothing comes out, I always try but it's feel shortness of breath, Dry throat and two side sticking aaaahhh i know that's is so weaird. I visited to my Dr. he said you have some infection then it doesn't work then he said you have allergies i am taking allergy medication last one month it doesn't work too.

Anyone can tell me what is happing with my throat or any one have same symptoms?

thanks.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi huni bless you I feel for you. I would go back to your doctor and ask for a second opinion! Don't take no for an answer go to your gp surgery and ask reception to see another doctor and make it clear you want it looked at and investigated. This doesn't sound right to me. I hope you can feel better soon. X
  • Posted

Hi there smile Go back to your doctor and get another opinion. When it started with me, it was a lump in my neck around my left side of the throat area. I found it difficult to swallow, and ended up going deaf in my left ear. I thought it was some sort of saliva gland problem, but eventually went to the docs. Tests came back that I had nodules on my thyroid and they had to be removed, along with my thryroid. So don't be put off - see another doctor who will tell you properly instead of just brushing it off. Trust me - not all doctors know what they are talking about, and some don't even read the notes thouroughly. Good luck, and stand firm until you have a definate answer.
  • Posted

I have heard or read somewhere during my research about Hypothyroidism causing an enlarged tongue, I have noticed this myself, so maybe it's something to do with that.
    • Posted

If you have an enlarged tongue, with a scalloped edge... (Look up pie crust tongue) its caused by mucin which is the jelly like substance that invades all the tissues and is a symptom of hypothyroidism.     The only way to get rid of the mucin is to take enough medication in the form of replacement thyroid hormones.      The prescence of mucin, indicates a hypothyroid state.....         To check whether you have mucin clogging upp the tissues, see if you can lift the skin on your outer upper arm.... If you can only lift a thick piece of skin and fat, them this shows mucin........   I can actually lift the skin off of the fat these days...... But i need  Enough thyroid medication to make my tsh suppressed.      Suggest you do a search online for mucin.
  • Posted

That makes sense as I have been very hypothyroid, am now building up on medication again now I am on ERFA, it's only the third week on ERFA so still getting there.   I will look it up.   Thanks.
    • Posted

I have had hypothyroidism for over 25 years, i took synthetic meds fir about 20 years and have been on Dessicated Thyroid for the past 5 years.    Its only this past year that the mucin has gone.     You stand a much better chance on the erfa than ever you would have on the synthetics.

I tried Erfa but couldnt get on with it as its manufactured to have a longer shelf life and so needs more breaking down in the body.    I get on brilliantly with nature throid though.     

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.