My doctor told me to push through the pain.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am having a hard time with going to the PT.

My doctor said that I have to push through the pain..... I just can't do it.

What do you all think?

I have had this for 9 weeks now.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There is a split in opinions over this, as you'll find if you read through some other threads on here and the oprinions seem to vary between professionals too.  Personally, I advocate gentle excercise only and stop when it hurts - it has worked for me.  Read these threads and see what you think - and good luck!

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/orthopedic-surgeon-said-do-not-do-physical-therapy-in-painful-stage-makes-worse--510090

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/does-pt-help-at-all--518007

• Posted

Personally i wouldnt their is a stage of FS where physio is not much use and does make it worse. Its the most excruciating condition. Mine got worse with physio almost sped it up it makes you miserable withdrawn tired to the point i didnt trust people i knew they spoke about me behind my back. It all made me really unhappy. Im 8 weeks post op tomorrow and im getting my ooopmf back took me two years from.it starting now its going into my other shoulder
  • Posted

Hi Kathleen,

Personally I think you know yourself if you should push through or not. You feel the pain and you know your limits.

During and after my physio I just cried, I think it made mine worse when it was at its worst. I am 3 weeks post op so managing physio now with pain relief so please follow your instincts. Take care

• Posted

I've been through it all with this frozen shoulder for 6 months, just had manipulation under anesthesia 2 weeks ago and finally my PT is working. The night pain is gone the zingers are gone and finally I have turned a corner my range of motion is improving it really worked for me!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.