Left foot done yesterday 6/16/16, right foot in two weeks......

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, so far so good with my post op. I had my surgery on the 16 th and it is not as painful as I was anticipating, but every once in awhile I feel the nerves coming back to life and reconnecting. So far I have a huge bandage on and use a surgical shoe when I have to get up w assistive crutches.

Not sure how it will be with second surgery of my fight foot will be like. But I'm hoping it just as good.

0 likes, 249 replies

249 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

You were a day after me then! I had my left foot done on Wednesday. Had a nerve block with sedation using Minimally invasive technique.

I found the first 24 hours pain free as the ankle block was still working. Yesterday wasn't bad just had some strange feelings in my foot and today I've found the most uncomfortable.

I can't yet heel walk at all so getting around the house on bum and hands 😂.

• Posted

Ha. I'm just starting to get that uncomfortable feeling. Gave up on crutches had my husband carried me to bathroom. I was scooting on my butt earlier.

Thx for sharing. Makes me feel much better that I'm not a lone. I had the Austin buniectomy. Is that what u had done??

• Posted

Hey. We can be bunion bodies lol. My hubby carried me in from the car after op. I'm glad I'm not the only one to scoot on my bum!

I had a scarf chevron osteotomy. I'm not sure how that duffers to yours. I will Google yours to see how if differs.

Did u have a general anesthetic? I had an ankle block with sedation. Was great. So much easier than the recovery.

Bet you're looking forward to your other one being done lol. I can barely wait.

Where abouts are you? I'm in the UK. X

• Posted

Oh and I'm home alone today 3 days after surgery. I have a pee bucket by the sofa and I will have snacks at the ready. On the plus side hoping to try and catch up on sleep. Last couple of nights I've only managed a couple of hours sleep 😕 x
    • Posted

Bunion buddies sounds great to me lol we can root each other on during recovery.

I think another name for chevron is an Autsin procedure. So same thing. Shave done existing bunion, then break the bone at angle and adjust. And percutaneous pins placed to keep hint straight while healing. Did u have this done?

I had propofol which is used for general anesthetic. And ankle block so this way it wouldn't be so bad waking up. I still requested morphine bc it hurt some before the block took full effect.

I live in the US. smile

• Posted

I meant joint straight. Not hint lol stupid auto correct
    • Posted

Hi ya.

Well I didn't get the side shaved so sounds a little different.

I was awake getting the ankle block. Wasn't so bad. Took about 30 minutes. Then I think I had the profofol too. It was great. Slept whole way through. Had a gorgeous anethatist and gorgeous surgeon. I was very lucky.

I refused any drugs that would make me sick or feel sick so just stuck to paracetamol and ibuprofen.

So far since Wednesday I've taken 12 paracetamol and 11 ibuprofen. Lol.

So are you 6 hours behind or ahead. It's 8.20am here x

• Posted

Wow. Ur braver than I. Tylenol would not cut it for me. Was not working before surgery for any comfort. I'm on toradol which is a strong anti inflammatory and Percocet. But any pain med make me sick. So I take zofran as well for the nausea.

Yea it's slightly different. U had the scarf chevron. There's a few different ones. So confusing. Lol but what ever works. I just want this discomfort to go smoothly until my next foot is done. When will u have your other foot done?

• Posted

Oh I'm not brave at all I'm a real Nancy. I'm getting a little braver as I get older though.

Did you find the ankle block painful? I was just chatting to the nurse. He was taking my mind of it the staff were lovely so it helped. I was going to try and do the op with just ankle block but my knees were shaking so bad I think they thought it was best I slept lol.

Erm did you say your second foot being done in 2 weeks?????

I sort of wish it was 2 feet done together BUT I have 3 young children so I need a good foot to hop about on lol. My mum is staying at the moment thank God. She's doing the chores school runs cooking and looking after me. Don't know what I'd do without her.

I've got a check up at hospital in 2 weeks after op date and I'm dreading it as I know I will need to be walking on my heel by then. Omg.

Have you tried heel walking at all? Do you have a boot? I tried yesterday but once I put a bit of weight on my operated foot just on the heel I though oh no way am I ready for this so I went on my bum and used hands to get around. What a sight!!! X

• Posted

Oh so your awake in the night with pain? That was me last night!! Hardly slept 😴
    • Posted

Yea I'm up bc I can not get comfortable. But at least I have someone to talk to! So ty! Yea I am having my second op on the 30th. My bandage change post op date is the 20th for left foot.

They did the nerve block when I was put under. So I didn't feel a thing for injection. I'm a RN so they took good care. I knew how I wanted to.procede and they agreed with me. Which was a great anxiety breaker for me.

I have no children just my furbabies. But I needed to get both feet done bc of work and I went back to school advance my nursing degree. So I have a limited time for leave of absence.

As much as I'm.in discomfort, it is very nice not having to go into work or worry about getting up for classes.

• Posted

Oh okay well seems a good idea. At least your first foot should be on the road to recovery. I wouldn't like to go thru this so soon BUT I think it's a good idea. It's like getting both done together but more sensible as you don't get double the discomfort at the same time.

Not sure when I will get my next one done. If I didn't have the children I'd probably had both done together or close together like you but I have school runs to do and the house gets in a state when I'm laid up and it drives me crazy as I HATE a messy house. So I guess I just have to wait and see how things pan out for me .

Poor you. Did you get any sleep before waking. Are you managing to elevate? Are your toes OK? I don't get any pain where the op was (well hardly any) but my toes feel weird and shouldn't really as they weren't touched. Will you be keeping your boot on constantly I'd love a break from my boot but unsure if I can take it off for a bit 😕 x

• Posted

I don't heel.walk at all. I did first day into second. But it really annoyed me.

I have a surgical shoe on now. But I take it off to sleep and ice my foot. My toes look fine peeking out from bandage wrap. Just yellow from iodine other than that I get a burning sensation I guess is the best way to describe it. The nerves are coming back to life.

Once and a whole I get a.bit of a wave of pain but does not last.too.long.

• Posted

Yeah same for me really. I get a wave of omg ouch then it goes. Very odd. I'd hate it if it felt like that all the time though. Thank god for keyhole

Oh so you take your boot off? I think I need to for a bit I'm sure it's making my foot hurt just under my little toe.

Wow you were lucky to heel walk I just abandoned that yesterday after one little heel step. I just couldn't do it. I guess I will know when I'm ready. X

Hope you've got some more sleep!!

• Posted

Think I've noticed why the skin under my foot directly under my little toe seems scrunched up!!! I dare not loosen the bandage but can't put up with it. It's so uncomfortable it's ridiculous really. I think they did the bandage too tight. It's driving me nuts.

I've got to do something about it but can't until my mum comes back as I'm all alone until tea time!! I'm going to have to just endure until then but I could chop my foot off because of it.

If it wasn't for that I'd be OK.

• Posted

It's a surgical shoe not a boot that I have on. The boot is different. I have to take it off to ice bc its just pointless otherwise.

If u think the ba Dave is too tight. Contact surgeon asap. Usually u get excruciating pain and extreme swelling of digits. It's they look real swollen and color change I would make the call to Dr!

• Posted

Hi

Yeah the bandage is too tight. I phoned local hospital and they said just go in and they'll take a look but sats surgeons don't like them messing about with their work!

I don't see him until a week on Wednesday so I can't wait that long and it takes nearly 2 hours to drive there. He's not there on a weekend and my hubby is away Monday and Tuesday until wed night so that's too long to wait.

I've just had an hour or so sleep which was great but the tightness woke me up!

I'm so tempted to loosen bandage myself. I don't know what to do. Don't fancy the trip to our local hospital takes 30minutes there plus any waiting around. Fed up.

How's your pain today? X

• Posted

I can't advise u to loosen the bandage but if ur ER is there is like here they should take u quickly bc its a high priority issue. I hope it get resolved soon! Pain was annoying for me last night but I did get an hour rest. But I'm so tired. Took a full pain pill to help make me comfortable and hopefully help me fall asleep. It's 1000 here now. rolleyes
    • Posted

Yeah hopefully they'd see me quickly. I can't bear hospitals whatsoever.

Hope we get more sleep tonight but I'm not hopeful unless I get my bandage sorted! X

• Posted

I use a free text app to talk off forum. If u like to I can give u the number. ?? It's just easier than filling up this page
    • Posted

Hope you got everything situated w bandage. My foot hurts a bit today but coping. Finally put in my transfer bench to bath tub so I can shower. There's no way I can survive not being able to bathe.
    • Posted

Hi ya.

What your name by the way. Only know you as Ts bunions lol.

Well it seems to have calmed down a lot. I had an hours sleep too. I took some Meds. I'm going to try and get thru tomorrow if I can and wait till Monday and go to drs. I will have to play it by ear.

Oh wow a nice shower how lovely. I been washing at the sink.

I'm looking forward to a bath but unsure how it will work!

Have u been on your heel at all? I still haven't. I just don't feel ready.

Are you bored? I'm just getting frustrated with having the kids. If I know they need something and can't get it it just drives me mad. X

• Posted

Awe. I'm sorry about the frustrations ur having w kiddies. I feel the same with my boys. ( furbabies) they are my kids. I can't let them out or play when the want to. I feel useless.

My name is Tabitha.

I got a .. Transfer bench for the shower. Goggle it. It is going to be a life saver in washing. I just was not going to bathe from sink. I won't be able to stand once both feet are done. We use the transfer bench at hospitals.

I'm so glad the swelling went down. I have not heel walked. I just refuse at this time bc it bothers me to much.

• Posted

Hi Tabitha.

I should have had furbabies instead of kids lol. Life would be so much easier and less stressful. I feel useless too other than doing the children's hair and teeth.

Bet you're not looking forward to the other one being done so soon. Omg can't imagine going thru this so soon BUT I'm sure it's the right thing to do re your work plus cuts down on recovery weeks I suppose in the long run.

God knows when I will get my other one done. X

• Posted

Today is actually my birthday. So I have been sitting on couch trying to ignore the fact I had foot surgery lol
    • Posted

Awww happy birthday bunion buddy. You should have said.

Have u had visitors? I'd hate visitors at the moment. I look terrible lol x

Enjoy the rest of your day 😃 x

• Posted

Haha no visitors. Bc I look like a Mac truck hit me twice. But after Monday I'll have ppl come over and feel bad for me lol

• Posted

Awww lol. I know the feeling. No make up and legs getting hairy 😂. Just took paracetamol in prep for going to sleep soon. Getting intermittent pain in my big toe! Hopefully it might be fusing together. Just praying for non of that ridiculous tight bandage pain in the night. I'd rather have bone pain then that.

Are your bunions hereditary? My mum had them and her mum. I had them since junior school.

We're you told 72 hours foot elevation? My 72 hours are up now but think I will keep it elevated another day just incase. Plus makes me feel less useless if I'm sat with my foot up lol.

• Posted

I just to keep elevated until post op visit Monday. The first 48 are a must for me anyway.

Not sure if these are hereditary or not. Had for a long time. But women are prone to them for multiple reasons. So who knows. I hate the fact that it could come back too sad

• Posted

Hi. Omg just had a full nights sleep 😁. I've woke with no pain too 😁. I'm so happy. That tightness doesn't seem to be bothering me either unless that will come back today. Maybe my foot was swollen yesterday for some reason and made the bandage tight?

Omg please don't remind me it might come back 😱. I will be trying my best sensible shoe wise that they don't come back lol. I'm guessing they'll be no more high heels. I think it's a shame because I feel good in heels. Maybe just for a night out which in my case is only a handful of times a year anyway!

I think it's about 1.40am with you now so I hope you're sleeping and get a better night than last night.

I had a dream last night that I woke up and had been walking round the house like Normal and forgot I'd had the op then suddenly realised I shouldn't have been walking on my foot and felt scared that I'd damaged my foot lol then I woke up! X

• Posted

Yea the swelling of trying to get around will def make the bandage feel tight. But there should be enough padding I between to keep from having too much of a constricting issue.

I did get some sleep last night. On and off though. My French Bulldog kept waking me up moving around. He tried to wedge himself in between me and the back of couch.

But as far as the pain it's been ok. Much better today. Been taking less pain med and more anti inflammatory. And icing my foot. I haven't worn the surgical shoe at all. It's so annoying to have on.

• Posted

Hi. You might get a much better night tonight. Took me 3 nights of 2 hours sleep if lucky but 4th night (last night) full nights sleep 😊.

Are you sleeping downstairs? I am sleeping on sofa . It's best that way then I'm not disturbing people and I'm not putting up with hubby's snoring!!!! I'd end up killing him lol.

Yeah that blooming shoe. Drives me mad!

• Posted

Yea I am away from stairs lol sleeping on the couch in the living room. I have everything near by. Husband sleeps in the master bed. But if I need something it's hard to get his attention. So I have to call his cell phone lol
    • Posted

Yeah I have this mental checklist for night times. I'd hate to be laid there and not have something I need. Just awful. Buy a bell lol
    • Posted

He still won't hear the bell lol it with the A/C going in bedroom. I was able to get up On crutches today, so I will attempt bathing on my transfer chair later. Should b loads of fun. Haha
    • Posted

Wow that's super to be on the crutches. Does that mean u heel walked? Omg I'm still not so brave to do that.

Well living in the UK we certainly don't need AC lol. Where in America are you?

• Posted

No I still didn't heel walk. Just kept my leg up. Swinging like a money. I'm in New York.

Where in UK? Not warm there yet?

• Posted

Awww I was starting to get jealous if you said you'd heel walked lol.

I'm in the North East of England. Place called Cumbria. Beautiful place but rains a lot we've had a couple of weeks of decent weather then rain again. It's rather depressing.

• Posted

Sounds like Florida. It's great weather. But rains a lot. It's pretty good here as far as no humidity and sunshine. But when it's hot. It's HOT. My dogs can't even handle being outside. But honestly I really want to be outside in the hammock 😢 it was so nice out yesterday and today. I feel like I'm missing it all.

• Posted

Oh I know. It's criminal being stuck in when it's nice. If it's nice here you HAVE to make the most of it because you just know tomorrow it will probably be raining all day!

Took my boot off. Fed up of it. Only going to wear it when I walk well if I ever muster up the courage that is!

• Posted

I gimped outside today on crutches for a.moment. Was soooo nice. And I also bathed on the transfer set to tub and it was so satisfying. I can not go with out a bath for too long. Especially if it's hot out and u get that nasty sweating feeling.

I only put the shoe on when I made it off the couch

• Posted

Hi Tabitha.

Well it's great you got fresh air. I'm in need of that today I think. We just have lots of cloud so it's not very inviting really to go sit outside!

Oh a lovely bath that's dreamy!

My foot is feeling pretty good today and I'm thinking of trying to have a little heel walk with a crutch. I'm dreading it tho as I'm not sure if I should or not. I just don't want to damage anything but I really want to heel walk about rather than bum and hand shuffle lol.

Hope you had a comfortable night. I woke once but went straight back to sleep. I think something woke me up rather than my foot hurting. It's so nice to be getting full nights sleep again. X

• Posted

Omg just tried walking on heel with crutches. Ouch!! Did a couple of heels and I cried as it hurt too much!!! I threw the crutches on the floor and hopped to the sofa and cried.

Feeling like I will never walk on that foot again at the moment. I think it must be harder to walk in that bloody boot than with bare feet!! It hurt all along the top of where I'd been operated. 😕 but I tried. Maybe it's just too soon? This is day 5.

• Posted

Do you find flexing your ankle strange? I can't flex it yet
    • Posted

I had my dressing change today and it was a bit much for me. It was too bad the pain once I got into the chair. But after the bandage was taken off the nurse said I looked pale but I asked for water. It was def my anxiety getting the best of me. Dr said my face looked pale but I think it was bc of the discomfort.

He wiggled my toe and boy oh boy that was the worst! I jumped back into the chair. But the dr said I was passed the worst of it. And now I have to wiggle the big toe as much as possible otherwise it will become too stiff to walk in the future.

Not looking forward to it. I actually tried to heel walk an I just gave up on that two seconds ago. Lol maybe because of the pain to start w from having w writhing done to me today. Maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow looks like a better day!

Hope u feel better!

• Posted

Omg no way. I'd hate anyone messing with my foot right now. Poor you. I cringed when you told me what had happened. I bet you were sweating too!!! 🙁 and oh my he wiggled your toe. Arhhhh I think I'd have stepped him.....hard!! That's a bit worrying then if it could get stiffness if you're not moving it as I don't get seen until a week tomorrow. I have to get my stitches out!! I will see my new foot 😀 have to say I'm a little nervous I mean I had that foot for nearly 40 years and now I get a new one!!! In a manner of speaking lol. That's a week away and I'm dreading it so for you to have that done today I can't imagine the discomfort I mean even getting to your drs would have been traumatic. How on earth did you manage?

Well today I feel more like facing the world I have made phonecards and sorted paperwork. Until today I've had no interest in anything really. The operation was an absolute doddle compared to the misery of recovery. It's going to be tough getting walking again. I'm very scared indeed.

Did u manage any heel walk at all? It was just too much for me the pain sheared across the top of my foot. I think you just have to listen to your body sometimes. It was saying I'm not ready for this!

Well you were brave today well done you. What a trauma!! X

Did you get a good night's sleep?? I did again which I'm very grateful for but still feel tired in the day as I'm sat doing nothing and I've got sleep to catch up on for the 3 nights I only slept for 7 hours in total.

• Posted

I tried heal walking but my foot says no way lady. But I need to start heel walking more bc on the 30th I have to be able to bre weight in heel at least 70-80% yikes! Otherwise I can't support my other foot.

Yea ur joint will " freeze up" if not worked properly. So before physical therapy I need to help wiggle it loose sort of speak. I waited a long time to get this corrected too. I'm in my 30's and just couldn't hold it off any longer.

I tried streching my toes earlier too but it was real bad the pain. Guess I'll do a lot of this toe wiggle later at night.

I been having trouble signing in to this forum from my phone. Sorry if I don't respond quickly. I have to constantly sign in. It just won't stay on page to quick respond.

I think I probably will need more time off from work after second foot is done. Bc I'm not rushing this recovery at all! I napped earlier which was nice but woke up to discomfort. I was told by Friday I should be real good on heel walking etc. guess we will have to wait and see if that is true. Hope ur doing well

• Posted

Omg is it the 30th you r having your other foot done??? Ohhhhh. I don't know how people get both done together! I was told nothing about wiggling my toes! I'm just getting the courage to flex my ankle.

Glad you got a nap. I did today too for an hour was lovely.

I've gone to bed it's midnight here and I made the mistake of have a glass of water before bed and I need a second week since getting in bed which I'm so annoyed about. I've gone from bum and hand walking to crawling now for some reason. I hope around too which is a bit risky if I fall over!

I just want my stitches removal appt to come round so I get get this stupid bandage off and ask questions. X

• Posted

Lol I hate auto fix. Yea I don't know when stitches come out. I'm guessing when the pin does.

Every dr and procedure calls for something different. My doc just wants me to wiggle them so I'm not so stiff when it comes to a more full recovery.

Yea the 30th will be a challenge after that. Bc my husband is back to work. He can not take off anymore days. He has a demanding job. So I'll b alone most the time. My father and aunt live close to my house but it nothing like having someone here 24/7

• Posted

Woke up to horrible pain. Must of moved my foot again and it hurt for a good 20mins. I do not understand how this dr wants me to wiggle my foot.

Hope I do not get second thoughts on having right foot donesad

• Posted

Wow are you getting your pin out?? Mine stays in. He did however say some people get them removed if they bother them. How will it be taken out? With ankle block or sedation?

Oh Tabitha how will you cope when you get the other one done? That's not going to be easy especially if you're not so good on your first foot you had done! I couldn't do this again on a week that's for sure! But that's only because I seriously know I won't be walking on my heel by them unless a miracle occurs . Are you going to try heel walking again today? I think I'd find it easier to heel walk without that stupid shoe on! If I knew I was allowed without the shoe I'd try again today. I feel a nuisance if I call the surgeons secretary to ask the surgeon if that's possible. 😕 x

• Posted

Yea I have a percutaneous pin. No sedation. Just gets pulled out of skin. I was told I does not hurt. So I will see when the day comes.

I'm not heel walking today. Its too uncomfortable for me. Hurts too much to do it with or without shoe. I have no idea what makes the dr think I can walk on foot and have other done to use crutches. Next visit I'm demanding wheelchair and hopefully I have one in time when surgery is done.

I hope this gets better by the end of the week. As far as pain and walking on it. Today it hurts a lot. It was raining all morning it's 530a here. Supposed to b sunny later but boy do I feel the weather in my foot!

• Posted

I bought an ice gel wrap which has been real nice and light weight. Lasts like 25 mins or so. So maybe of I leave that on my foot and start sitting with foot on ground and press some weight into heel. Kind prep myself before actually getting up to do walking?
    • Posted

Not sure what pin I have. Presumably you only need it until the bones fuse back together. Gosh I'd hope they use a bit of local before taking the pin out? its OK for them to say it doesn't hurt but if it was getting taken out of THEIR foot it might be a different story. Hope it will be OK for you. When does it come out?

Yeah I reckon a wheel chair would be a super idea. Well I think all we can think of at the moment is the end result. Hopefully beautiful looking feet 😁. That's got to be worth all this.

I'm sorry it's hurting today that's a real shame. Makes me wonder if it had something to do with it being messed about with yesterday?? Have you been trying to move your toe like you were told? I'd really hate to be doing that right now. Can't imagine what it was like yesterday. What a trauma .

Mines OK. It doesn't seem to hurt anymore at rest. It's only if I try to heel walk. I'm going to call the hospital today I think and ask if I can heel walk without that stupid shoe. I feel it just is too difficult to stay on heel in it but if I tried without the shoe I know it would be a damp load easier.

Oh you've got a bit of English weather today haha. Welcome to my world. It's cloudy again here today. it got out a bit nice yesterday after the kids come home from school which is great because they were motivated to go play out 😁. They are at school all day then they come home and all hell breaks loose. It's a shock to my system when they come home!!!

My hubby is away for my 2 week appt I just realised and the hospital is about an hour an a half away and no way could my mum drive it. She's not the most confident driver lol. So I don't know. I maybe might have to drive!!! I have auto though so don't need my left foot except for putting handbrake pedal on but could slide my right foot over to do it but I don't know I still think it's risky. He did say I could drive after 2 weeks due to automatic but when you're on motorways etc you have to think of safety! May need to change it 😕 x

• Posted

Yeah I keep trying to press my heel a little on floor. Feels OK without shoe on but hurts if I have shoe on. Weird.
    • Posted

Yea I think the show just keeps from banging into things accidentally. But like uentiomed. Def better without shoe. I think the shoe make my foot too stiff and when I heal walk it bends my toes up. So I may try to heel walk some with boot off for a little bit. With my husband around of course. If I fall I don't know what I will become. Lol

I can't drive. Both my vehicles are manual. So I'm stuck in the house either way. Being prisoner of ur own home has a whole

New meaning lol I have the memory foam wedge elevation pillow. Going to start pressing heel into it. And see if that motivates my foot to get going on the weight bearing.

I looked at some very old threads on the pin removal and they mentioned it being painless and quick. Hopefully there's truth to this. 🙏🏼

• Posted

I guess there is no way to post picture on here?? I did snap a pic yesterday of the pin sticking out. Show u what kind I have
    • Posted

Well a good excuse for a new car for when you get your right one done lol. You need an auto 😀. Can't imagine what it will be like when I get right one done using the excellorator will be scary!! But glad I don't have a clutch that would be terrible if in traffic!

Sounds OK re pin removal. Maybe there's a YouTube video? Mind sometimes it's best not to watch like when I used to sit feeling sick watching bunion surgery videos lol.

Hopefully you'll get some advice from your post re tips on heel walking. Let's hope we can get some good advice.

Anyway since saying I've got no pain about an hour ago about 10minutes after I got some strange aches where the op was 😦. It's OK now I've not had any pain Meds since Sunday 10.30pm. It's now Tues 12pm! Not bad going!!

• Posted

I have been driving manual forever. Driving in new York traffic is not that terrible if you daily drive one. There little tricks to it without causing damage.

I don't know how I will be able to drive after all this honestly. My husband has an automatic but it his brand new car and his prized possession so I won't drive it. Plus I don't want to endanger anyone else w an accident.

I saw some YouTube video 🙂 looked simple and easy to remove. And patient seemed content.

I have just been using the anti inflammatory meds mostly. If the pain really comes on in a deep wave. I take half the pain med.

Your body heals best when it knows there pain. The pain med just masks the issue and the body heals slower due to it. So I have been toughing it out. My husband can not believe how well I am taking it. I only cried once from frustration. And complained when the dr wiggle the toe😳

Yea someone replied to that post but it's not much info on experience. Hopefully more people can give some insight on the heel walking

• Posted

I have been driving manual forever. Driving in new York traffic is not that terrible if you daily drive one. There little tricks to it without causing damage.

I don't know how I will be able to drive after all this honestly. My husband has an automatic but it his brand new car and his prized possession so I won't drive it. Plus I don't want to endanger anyone else w an accident.

I saw some YouTube video 🙂 looked simple and easy to remove. And patient seemed content.

I have just been using the anti inflammatory meds mostly. If the pain really comes on in a deep wave. I take half the pain med.

Your body heals best when it knows there pain. The pain med just masks the issue and the body heals slower due to it. So I have been toughing it out. My husband can not believe how well I am taking it. I only cried once from frustration. And complained when the dr wiggle the toe😳

Yea someone replied to that post but it's not much info on experience. Hopefully more people can give some insight on the heel walking

• Posted

Wow that's interesting about touching out the pain letting your body heel quicker. Makes sense I guess.

I'm sure hubby wouldn't mind you taking his precious car for a while. I have a feeling you might have to really. The clutch in a manual gives me the creeps for when I could drive. But by driving time we might just be A OK 😊.

• Posted

I'm not pushing to drive. Kinda nice being driven around. 😬 but on other post someone suggested a Draco wedged healing shoe. I'm thinking of getting them! My insurance probably covers them but I'm just ordering off Amazon to get sooner. A lot of reviews swear by it. And the person that suggested it had both feet done.
    • Posted

Hi.

Did u order your wedge? I sent u a message earlier but not sure if you received it as I can't see it on here. I have one of those wedges. I hate it. It makes me go flat footed rather than on my heel. Maybe I'm. Not doing it right but I just don't like it.

• Posted

Omg just for hot about my foot. I got off sofa and stood right on it. I can't believe it. It's tingling like mad. I'm in a bit of a panicking right now. Feel so stupid boy did it hurt. I just completely forgot. I was on sofa and needed to go to look and just forgot about it hope I've not damaged it. I feel really sick now and faint. I'm trying to relax but I'm. So worried. Going you have to take paracetamol it's like 11.20pm here and bedtime. Everyone is upstairs asleep and I'm downstairs like in a state
    • Posted

😳😳 oh boy. I hope ur doing well! The wedge shoe there are a few differ types this is a wedge on the heel only. Only way to use them is heel walking. I had a bad day too. My foot has been painful for on and off. Hours on end. I only took my anti inflammatory and icing. But might have to take pain med. I'm naturally wiggling my toe and it so painful. ☹️
    • Posted

Well it's 1.20am. Woken by big toe painful. I'm feeling scared right now. My ankle hurts too. Not good at all.

Yeah mines wedge on heel only.sorry you're struggling with the pain.

• Posted

Sorry ur in pain!☹ ice ur ankle and under ur foot. I haven't bought the shoes yet. Bc I may get something from insurance. Not sure yet. Have to call.

I just tried to heel just now and it was not going to greatest. There's just no way to heel walk and not have the pressure travel up foot.

Can u Take any NSAIDs for the pain as well?

• Posted

2.08am still awake. Was unbearable. I rubbed ankle and it's helped somehow. I'm so tired my eyes hurt and I need the loo but can't face the stairs. In fact I can't bear to do anything right now.. I dare not move 😩
    • Posted

Hi Tabitha

No. I couldn't move. I was all alone downstairs and everyone was upstairs asleep. My mum is half deaf and once the children are asleep nothing wakes them up. I'd have been wasting my time shouting.

It was traumatic. I felt awful. My ankle and top of foot was painful as hell. It felt more like bad pins and needles!! I found massaging my ankle seemed to help for some reason. Eventually I got to sleep and slept quite well.

My foot seems OK today thank goodness.

How are you. Did you get a good night's sleep? I thinks it's only about 3am with you so hope you're sleeping well. I'm hoping to get an afternoon nap today before the noisy exhausting tribe arrive home. I dread the kids coming home. Sounds terrible but you need to be on your feet and running about after them! 😣

• Posted

I didn't sleep well either. I'm glad ur foot is better. Yea I may not have children but I know it's a workout. My foot is a little sore but nothing to crazy. It's 7a now. Hopefully I can pass out for a nap.
    • Posted

Oh no you didn't sleep well 😦. You still on the sofa? Was your foot painful?

I slept in bed the night before last as hubby away but I just seem to get a better nights sleep on the sofa.

I pray I can sleep today as the kids are so full on until bed. I just can't be bothered with them right now. Everything I do for them just feels such a chore.

It's a week today since my surgery and I'm still not hobbling about like I thought I would be. I just don't want to even try walking again. Not till I've had my stitches out at least which is next Tuesday. I'm having to drive an hour and 40 minuets to the hospital a week today which is nerve wracking plus I have no clue where it is. Going to have to have a trial run up there at the weekend. Hubby will be away the day of my appt. My mum will come with me but couldn't drive there. She's not confident enough. I've got that to look forward to next week. I phoned to change appt this morning but there's no appt wed Thurs or Fri so it would be the following week. So changing appt is ruled out.

• Posted

Wow. Sorry about the appt situation. There's no driver service to take u there and back? I wouldn't b confident at all to drive. It will b a week tomorrow for me. I just have to go to my surgeons office. Not sure when the sutures are coming out. Hopefully Monday w bandage change.
    • Posted

Well I don't think there's a patient transfer service. It's a long journey. I could check but think I'd prefer to drive really. Not looking forward to getting to the car and into the hospital as I still wont be walking. Shame they weren't dissolvable stitches hey.

Is it Friday next week your right foot? Gosh can't believe you're going thru it all so soon but it's brilliant to get it out of the way. And you'll have lovely feet way sooner than me.

I have to time my right foot with school holidays. I'm thinking March next year they're off for 2 weeks at easter. So by summer next year I can hopefully buy some pretty sandals 😉

• Posted

Next Thursday is my right.foot. This will def be challenging.

My father is to take me to my visit on the 27th and hopefully he will.b able to take me on the 30th.

My mother is handicapped so he has a van that has a access chair that comes out from.passeger side. So all I have to do is sit and it lifts me into truck.

Stinks tho bc my hubby will be back to work ☹ but his lieutenant said he can take a day if I need him home. We will.see how it goes.

• Posted

Awww bless you. You'll get thru it and it will all be worth it in the long run. It's good you've got your dad to help out. My mum lives and hour away and misses being at home. It's hard for her here as she's 70 but she's having to run about like I would normally daily and it's taking its toll bless her. That's why I want to get mobile but the thoughts of walking scares the life out of me. I just never feel like walking on it as I know how much it's hurt when I've tried. Maybe it's my body saying it's not ready to walk but then I think should I be trying??? It's like they say in exercise if it hurts STOP! Arhhhhhhh just want to be fully mobile and back in the gym, running about after my kids and having my house immaculate again. It's been a lonnnnnnnnng week!!! To say the least. Mind tbh I worked so hard b4 my op I'm actually enjoying the rest and being looked after by my mum.
    • Posted

Yea my dad lives a few blocks from me. He is 70 also but in good health. So he is able to help me out. I feel terrible thing bc he cares for my mother hand and foot. ☹

Someone posted a reply to me earlier saying that it took them exactly two weeks to start heel walking. U will get there!

My foot is bothering me. Going to get ice and lay down. Hope this stops soon

• Posted

Well I'm Sure you're dad is happy to help. It won't be for too long. Ohhh sorry your foot is bothering you today. Hope you got some rest.

I'm getting just a few achy pains around the joint from time to time. It's not painful tho. If my foot is downwards for most the day it really aches.

I sat outside for a few hours this afty as the sun was in and out and quite warm so made the most of it.

Well I thought of posting something yoday asking how long it took people to walk so hearing that two week thing is very reassuring but that means I only have a week to heel walk lol. I don't think I'm even going to be trying to heel walk until after my appt at hospital. I just can't face it. Especially not after the heel walk try a few days ago after just one tiny light step and I cried and after last night when I accidently stood up and put all my 8 stones of weight on it. That was hell.

• Posted

Meant to ask....are you wearing your shoe? I've not worn it for days!!!! I just don't wear it. I'd only wear it to go out. It's useless anyway as I don't heel walk. Not sure if you're MEANT to wear it? I wasn't actually told!!
    • Posted

Foot been bothering off and on.

All I want to do is sleep all night and not deal w anything. But I hv a routine to the animals and my husband not to good at doing it. 🙃

I don't wear the boot at all only if I'm going somewhere. It's the most pointless shoe. It's doesn't do anything but help protect the toes and the pin. But I don't see how it does looks so flimsy

• Posted

I actually heel walked today. With crutches of course but as long as I have boot on and start off on the one side of my heel I did pretty good.

Still some type of discomfort. But I was able to go to kitchen and start dinner. 👍🏼

• Posted

Yeah I know. I hate waking up in the night with foot as I feel dead tired in the day and ratty for the kids. Plus it's hard to get a nap in the day with mam around the house.

My foot woke me up about 4.20am which I was not happy about. Kept me awake about 30minutes! At least I got back to sleep. Thought it had stopped waking me up in the night. I don't take any pain Meds at all but took 2 paracetamol yesterday for a tired headache.

Only a week since surgery and I'm so fed up and so frustrated at not being able to walk about! Like I say tho I'm enjoying the rest. Normally my life is an exhausting whirlwind.

Yeah the shoe is just chuncky and cumbersome. Definately must just be for walking and bit of protection.

How you getting around the house? I'm still crawling and bum & hand shuffling lol

• Posted

I been using the crutches and started heel walking with slight pressure on heel. Taking really small steps so it takes me forever to get where I want to go.

My foot bother me at night like now. It's 2:46a and my foot still has a slight ' burning ' sensation. I been doing the heel pressing into the memory foam. I think it's been helping.

I still not pushing myself to wiggle my toes like crazy.

• Posted

Hi. Sorry for late reply. I replied a big long reply and it was saying there was an error and it didn't save ??.

Well, I hope you got back to sleep. I was awake at 4.20am this morning. My big toe and ankle were hurting quite bad. I got back to sleep after half hour tho. Did u get back to sleep?

Wow so you've been heel walking? Go you. I'm waiting until the weekend. My MIL is disabled and has loads of crutches so I'm stealing one at the weekend and going to try my best to heel walk. Hopefully I can without too much pain cos I really want to get around the house without using crawling and bum shuffle techniques. Everyone keeps laughing at me lol. I'm sure with another crutch I'd be able to lessen my weight by putting some weight on my arms. Maybe easier said than done. We will see.

I cleaned my bathroom today. I slithered round like a snake but it's clean. I was shattered by the end. My knees were killing me.

Are you still taking pain Meds? I've stopped but will take if I need to. The pains come and go quite quickly. My pains are like acute pins and needles!! I've struggled to move my ankle die to the bandages. I've been thinking my ankle might have been damaged with the block but I realise it's the bandages now. At least that hideous tightness has stopped because wow that was far worse than the bunion pain after op. I cried at that. I must have had bad swelling for that. It lasted the whole day and night!! Thank God it's stopped.

My big toe sticks pit of my bandages and looks really straight up. I'm really looking forward to seeing my new foot but nervous at the same time. 5 days to the reveal!

• Posted

I never went back to sleep stayed up. Foot seems to bother me more toward early morning hrs like 2 or 3. I haven't put too much weight on my heels bc it still somewhat uncomfortable but w other surgery coming I need to be able to strengthen the heel walking

I barely take the pain meds. And if I do I half them. Took one earlier today.

So frustrated tho bc my school( I went back to advance my nursing RN degree to bachelor's) and they contacted me about getting into classes but I'm supposed to b on leave and I only have a few months off. To I have to try and apply for other colleges now online so I don't have to worry about going into an actual classroom.

And then one of my old classmates from nursing school contacted me to get together and catch up and I had to turn down. I really wanted to go out ????

My French bulldog makes me so jealous bc he just falls asleep no problem. Wish I had that superpower eight now.

Try doing the heel pressing in pillow. I really think it helped me a lot. Hopefully u are able to heel walk soon.

Hopefully this is all worth the discomfort and feet look beautiful???? I honestly hate the look of my feet and never wore flops bc of the reddened painful bunions. ??

• Posted

Oh dear you'll be so tired today. Hope you can get some shut eye today! Sunny here today so gonna sit outside like I did yesterday. It's going to rain tomorrow supposedly so gonna make the most of the sun.

I do a feel heel presses now and again but keep thinking it will really hurt so I stop!

Well I've not worn flip flops since I was about 5 lol. I've had bunions since about 8 I reckon. When I was in the waiting room in hospital there was a lady sat opposite waiting for her hubby to come out of surgery. They were really pretty sparkly saddles that revealed her perfect feet. If that wasn't motivation right b4 my surgery that day I don't know what!! I knew at that point I was doing the right thing and that I was excited to be finally getting what are hope are nice feet.

I know how you feel. I'm getting cabin fever. I've painted my nails in advance as I want to go out at the weekend to a cafe for a hot chocolate. My mam went out shopping this morning and went to a cafe. I really wanted to go but the thought of getting ready and putting make up on I just think oh I won't bother. Then there's the getting to the car and into a cafe then back to car again and into the house! Just sounds exhausting but I'm going to make the effort at the weekend. Hopefully will do me good.

• Posted

It's going to b partly sunny today with spotty drizzle. The weekend supposed to b beautiful and I'm making it a must to go out in the sun and spend the last few days before surgery outside in beautiful weather.

I just can't imagine being able to heal walk into the house after the next surgery. Just does not seem realistic but miracles can happen I suppose.

Still trying to figure things out for when I'm home alone. Bc I won't b able to let dogs out Everytime they need. Or get ice. Maybe a small cooler w ice for the day ?? put snacks and good/drink. So hopefully my aunt can all down a few time daily and help me out.

Eventually, I will b able to sleep longer. But at least I can nap.

• Posted

Has to this site bc it would. It let me reply I had to come back to finish reply.
    • Posted

Hi

I've been sat out an hour and I've come back in as it's boiling! Usual for here lol.

Yes get out and make most of it!!! Yeah I keep thinking about you wondering how on earth you'll manage not just being on your own but how you'll get around!! Oh my word. Are you sure you're doing the right thing so soon. I couldn't imagine having my next one done next wed a week after my first.

Well I think it's a matter of having beside u what you need for the day make a check list b4 your hubby goes out to work!! Sometimes it's amazing what you can do on your own when no one is around like me cleaning the bathroom this morning when my mum went shopping. I got a bit told off lol.

• Posted

Yeah think it said site was down. I thought oh no don't say you can't go on it anymore and they took it off. I'd miss my bunion buddy lol

• Posted

Same here! It's such a delight to have u to talk to about this.

I think I will manage. My pain tolerance is so high that it's not too terrible with this foot. So hopefully by next Tues I'll b alright.

I had a bone contusion when the dr went in. And this is one step from.a fracture, but biopsy came back normal. Not sure how I even cause that trauma to my foot?? But explains the extra pain to foot. I wonder if the other one had the same issue. Would be very strange. ??

Getting the surgeries close together seems so crazy but I really have no choice bc of classes etc. I'm thinking cold cuts, drinks and snacks in a styrofoam cooler packed w ice will work out pretty good. I hope ??

• Posted

Yeah glad we found each other on here! ??

Wow that's some trauma to your foot before even surgery! How on earth did that happen!? I'm not too bad with pain either really. I had my 2 girls with just some gas and air and my youngest was 9lb and I'm like not even 8stone!!

You getting yours done so soon makes me want to get mine done too ha. I will be jealous you have it all over with and will have beautiful feet in a couple of months and I will be left with mismatched feet ?? lol.

Well all we can say at this stage is it will be worth it in the end ??

• Posted

It's won't be long before the spring season comes again. Hang in there.

I have no idea how I injured my foot. Maybe when I fell in my home bc I'm a clumsy. Or maybe I banged it at my one job.

In any event, glad nothing too serious that will b a future issue.

• Posted

I had to figure out how many pounds equal 8 stone. U must be like 5'2"! 9lb baby. Wow! I couldn't even imagine. Ur a champion that's for sure ??

• Posted

Yeah I know. It will come round soon enough BUT I'm 40 in March and it's when the half term is at school. So kind of coincides so dates will have to be carefully arranged I plan on something nice. Not that I want to celebrate 40!!!! Yikes.

Yeah well the last baby hurt. I thought I'd scream my throat out but no pushing required and out so popped. Still pretty chuffed with myself.

I think I can better decide on a date once I have recovered from this side. I may just decide to get it over with sooner in this year but all depends on help with the children from my mum and hubby with school runs etc. It's the children that are the problem with my next one as right foot is needed even in the automatic!

• Posted

My hubby turns 40 in March ?? Holy moly time waits for no one !

Yea that def a sticky situation. I hate not being able to drive anywhere. I made sure I drove around as much as possible in the beautiful weather before surgery. But it didn't help with my wants to leave somewhere.

• Posted

Yeah 40 has crept up on me somehow. Do not feel it though. In my head I'm like 20! Luckily I don't look it too ??

Yeah b4 my op I decorated and cleaned told I could do no more!! Wish had been a week later my op now I have to pay someone to finish it and I prefer to do my own decorating. Perfectionism you see!

• Posted

I did not change any of my things in the house for the summer season bc I would HV not gotten to where I want before and after the surgeries. But its all neutral for the most part so it's not terrible. I make my own floral arraignments and crafts.

I just started crocheting to pass the time by.

My husband does not look his age either. Many people do not believe him and think he is early 30. So that's a plus ??

Really need to vac the house. But it going to be an amazing Stunt to pull off ??

• Posted

Haha lol you know it's funny you should say about the vacuuming as I noticed our carpets need doing today and I don't want to ask mam. I had visions of how I could do it. I vision ed me on my knees pushing the hoover and if it would work ??. I'm going to try it though. Needs must I suppose. My hubby pretty useless around the house. It's a case of I do everything and the kids and he just works and pay the bills. It just works that way and I'm OK with that. I may have to start giving pocket money for chores. It's going to cost me dearly as I'm a clean freak!!

Wish I was good with knitting etc I could do some real master pieces all these weeks I will be laid up mind I'm thinking soon I will do some glossing. Sounds ambitious I know but I'm talking skirting boards where I can slither around the bottom of the room. Then get my Brother in law to come and emulsion. I'm only funny about my glossing lol.

• Posted

?? 2am. Been trying to get to sleep for 2 hours but can't get your sleep because my big toe is constantly hurting. I had 2 ibuprofen before bed but it's not touched the pain. I'm so miserable!!! Don't know why it's hurting so bad!! Scary.

• Posted

My big toe has been hurting too! Like a burning feeling.

I was on couch most the day. But I just got up a little bit ago and I heel walked without my crutches. The toe stopped hurting but now the top of foot it tingling. Ugh. BUT I did vacuum my whole house! My husband said he was so proud of me.

I got a Dyson V6 from my husband over Christmas and it was a blessing to have!

I can't crochet for the love of me. But my aunt will b coming over to do projects w me.

• Posted

Arhhhh got to sleep eventually but oh God it was driving me crazy. Yeah it's the Base of my big toe feels like it's on fire!!!! Maybe that's the healing starting? I don't know but it was worrying.

Oh wow heel walking without crutch??? How brave! I think I need to try maybe I'd be OK to try. You hoovered the whole house. Oh boy you're way ahead of me!! Sounds like you'll be fine getting that right one done in a week. Well done you. That's brilliant.

This stupid big toe though. It's awful. Better not hurt me today. It's a horrible pain and the ibuprofen didn't even touch the pain. I ended up laid back with my knees pulled up and my operated foot was sort of dangling in the air seemed to stop the pain eventually tho. I must have looked a right sight ??

• Posted

Yea my bottom part of big toe and top of foot has a burning sore feeling

Yea I'm really trying to get moving around. Bc I do not want to be completely stuck on couch and not able to get to bathroom. ??

I tried moving big toe on my own to wiggle like dr wanted but I was creeped when I thought I may have felt the joint move to freely. Yikes!

I been icing he foot a lot seemed to help w my burning pain. Does not completely go away but def numbs it.

Hope u feel better today. I was able to sleep last night through the night. But I think it was bc of the pain pill.

• Posted

The burning is normal tho. Means the foot is healing for sure. It's the nerves reattaching.

• Posted

Oh glad u got a full nights sleep.. I know you've struggled with being awake on the night. I'm tired today. Hoping to get a sleep before kids are back. Thank god it's the weekend.

That burning feeling is horrible. Pain wise hasn't been bad at all since getting it done. I thought I'd be in agony crying etc after hearing people over the years saying bunion surgery is so painful. Maybe the open foot surgery might be but with MIS I've been surprised at how it's not been painful.

The worst bit for me was throwing bandage getting really tight due to swelling on day 3!! That made me cry. It was constant.

The pain I had for hours last night with that burning sensation really worried me as pain killers didn't touch the pain.

Yes I think you're under pressure to get moving about for next week. Oh my a week today!! What time will you be getting it done? Hopefully your left foot will be well on the road to recovery before next Friday.

My foot is still hurting today but not as bad as last night!! Hoping its just a phase and it's part of the healing process and there's no nasty infection or anything! 3 more days after today and I get those stitches out!

• Posted

I get to know the time Wed night a day before surgery. Kind of silly. But I going to ask the dr to call and find out for me again soon can tell my dad.

Yea that burning feeling is awful. I hate it. I feel like if I don't move it bothers me more. sad

• Posted

Yeah if it wasn't for that stupid burning it would be OK!! It's the only place it hurts other than a few slight aches where the bunion was . They must do a cut there? I'm. Not sure . I gave up watching any youtube videos before I got it done as wanted to block out what I'd seen online lol ??

It's a shame u don't know your op time! My admission time for me was 11am but I didn't get it done until about 2pm and it would have been later as a lady was due in b4 me but she had accidently had a cup of tea with milk in before setting off to hospital so they couldn't give her sedation for hours after so I ended up before her. I didn't get home till 7pm as it was as we live nearly 2 hours away from hospital. It would have been about 8pm if she hadn't had that cup of tea so I'm grateful she did lol

• Posted

My foot hurts more to put it down bc all the blood rushes to surgical site. Been icing it today. Taking a break and icing foot today.

That woman is lucky that she was able still get surgery. The hospital here would have cancelled surgery and make her come back. Bc of other scheduled surgeries.

How are u doing today?? It late there so I'm sure u are sleeping hopefully.

• Posted

Hello.

Yeah I know what you mean with the blood rushing to the foot. Mine does that. It's weird. You think it's going to explode!!

Well I think the way they do it here is they admit pretty much the amount of people getting it done at the same time then if there's a problem you just get moved down the list. Worked out OK for her as she still got her surgery and better for me as I got to go home earlier than I would have done if she had gone in b4 me.

I've had pain pretty much all day but nothing that's warranted any more than 2 paracetamol earlier today. My mum went home this morning I felt a bit teary actually even tho hubby was home. He's not the best carer. He's just used to me looking after him the kids and the house so it's hitting him like a brick. He asked if I wanted a hot drink and 30 mins later I got it!! It's 8.24pm here so another couple of hours or so b4 bed. Just hope that pain doesn't come back again in full force tonight again.

• Posted

Aw. My husband is pretty good getting me what I need and I try not to hassle him too much. But I always need ice or something to drink. He just doesn't tend to the house. So that's why I had to vac the rooms. Usually we take shows off before walking around the house, but it hasn't applied since I had surgery ????

• Posted

Haha well imagine what my cream carpets are like with 3 kids. I usually hoover everyday that's why I was having those hilarious thoughts of hoovering yesterday hate seeing a single crumb on the floor.

My hubby is just useless around the house. He would make a dreadful house husband. He made me toast for lunch ?? seriously. Now my mum has gone for the weekend I'm going to starve lol

• Posted

Hi Tabitha

How's you're day gone? Did you sleep well?

I slept thru! I have had no pain at all today. A few little aches but nothing really. Hope it's not saying itself for bedtime.

I managed to hoover downstairs.....while sat on my bum!!! Washed kitchen and bathroom floors on my hands and knees. I cleaned kitchen work tops etc too. All without putting my foot down. Waiting for hubby to bring me another crutch from his mothers then tomorrow I'm going to try some heel walking.

I had a sleep this afternoon and had a weird dream that my bandage come off to reveal my old bunion!! Needless to say it woke me up ?? I'm so relieved it was just a dream...phew!

• Posted

I have a great day. I went outside in the beautiful sun and warm weather. I sat outside for a few hours. And then I did some target shooting. It's felt so good to be outside! I even laid in the hammock for a bit and let it swing.

I actually walked to a Deli that is up the road from me! I took my crutches and went for a stroll w my hubby.

And being in the sun really drained me so I slept all the way from 7pm to about 2am. I walk up twice actually bc of toe pain. I wiggle my toes here and there and it causes me to have the worse pain. But I feel back to sleep fast.

• Posted

Wow that sounds lovely. I'd love to get out. I've not been anywhere since before my op! I think the lack of heel walking is hindering my confidence to get out.

Are you heel walking around now? I'm going to try today. My knees are starting to hurt from crawling around and my bum is hurting from shuffling around on my bum! I think I'm just worried I will damage my foot in some way or accidently put oo much pressure on it and then it will start hurting. I'm just getting more and more frustrated. It's only a week and a half after surgery and I just think omg how long will it be like this!

The pain woke me up at 5.40am so been awake since then. It's been coming and going since waking up but no pain Meds required at the moment.

I've not done any toe wiggling. I've not been told to. I'd be scared to wiggle even if told too!

• Posted

Dr wanted me to wiggle my toe but I refuse to do it bc it bothers me so. But when I'm laying down I'll wiggle my toes in sleep or stretching. So that's good enough for me right now. Bc it hurts for a good minute or two.

I been heel walking as much as possible bc the dr wanted me to be able to get around. I guess I'm not getting a wheelchair like I thought. So it motivational I guess. Later today I have to figure out what I need for this operation and if I need to go and get it. Maybe my father will take me for all the stuff since he is already driving me to dr to get bandage change.

I swear they Keep making the appt esrlier one too. I'm not the best morning person ??

When I heel walk it'smore on the side of heel. I tried doing walking on the center of my heel but hard w bandage not sure why. Guess subconsciously I don't want to hurt my foot

• Posted

Hmm yeah I think the bandage restricts my foot flexing up maybe that's why you go on the side a little?

Well if it's an early op at least you won't be starting before your op like I was. My op was about 2pm!!

• Posted

Yea hopefully he tells me tm that he is ready to set up surgery early. It worked out well.

Yea I def blame the bandage. I just can't wait to clean my foot bc of the dried blood that's been stuck on it. Drives me nuts.

Can't wait for everything to b over. And no more visits to dr back and forth.

• Posted

Yeah I'm sure at least you'll be all over and done with things and have lovely feet in no time whereas I don't yet know when I can get my other one done. I reckon it will be 2017! Just really because of the kids school runs. I live too far away from my mum for her to do them plus I live in the country and the thin roads get bad in the winter so no way could my mam do that.

• Posted

Are u broader line w Scotland? Or am I off. Yea that would be tricky. I still can not get over that ur hospital is two hours away! Mine is only 30mins at the most. But there is another hospital two minutes from that one and the hospital I go.to school is 45mins or more. Depending on the ridiculous traffic.

Today is supposed to be gorgeous again so I'm def getting out there to sun bathe again. Bc this will be my last time for a while I'm sure.

• Posted

Well we are a couple of hours drive away at least from Scotland so not too far off. We are in an incredibly beautiful part of the country in Cumbria. Give it a little Google. It rains a lot! There were terrible floods over winter it was dreadful.

Well, our local hospital is 20 minutes away but they don't offer Minimally invasive bunion surgery. I gathered travelling would be well worth not getting horrible open bunion surgery lol. So it was my decision. We have a Choose And BOOK system here where within reason you can normally choose which hospital you go to even if it's not really nice your area.

We have the National Health System here. We are incredibly lucky for this service. We have no need for medical insurance payment unless you decide you want private treatment which usually just means bypassing any waiting lists. Sometimes you want months for an operation on the Nhs unnless you are in desperate need or an emergency. Of course it has its drawbacks but I didn't have to wait long for my foot op. I more or less said when I wanted it. Not sure if you pay to see drs where you are but we see drs for free too.

• Posted

Hubby has taken the children to a fun run. I love running and would have loved to have gone. It was a bit last minute and i didnt have time to get ready so i just concentrated on the children getting them ready. that's them out for half the day. They all went to grandma's yesterday so I was on my own from 11am until 9.30pm yesterday!! Had to fend for myself. I'm really fed up.of being stuck in. I need to get out next week. Slap some make up on and get out for hot chocolate.

• Posted

It depends on insurance types u get here and who you work for. If you are policeman or nurse/doctor the insurance is very good. Especially if you work in a town funded area. My husband insurance is great. They cover a lot. It's depends on which doctors or nurse practitioners I see and if I'm charged or not. Women health is covered so I do not pay anything. Just a lab fee at my annuals. Which is like 10$ here ; not sure what that is equivalent to u. I guess 8. But it not too terrible.

When I didn't have insurance bc of career change it was really hard. I paid so much to see drs or specialist. And I not even getting started on Obama care. ??

You getting a break is nice! I will be home a lone most days this coming week bc hubby back to work. And he works rotating shifts.

I was really losing it not being able to step outside that I really been pushing myself to do something. Being outside yesterday was such a nice release from frustration.

• Posted

I don't go out to have nails done or anything. I actually bought a UV lamp and gel and do not at home. But I did make it to starbucks yesterday. ?? took my little Frenchie w me and he was so excellent not pulking, bc I heel walked like a slug, and waiting for me. My husband on the other hand was antsy to get inside lol. Once we got close enough to building I told him to make a break for it.

• Posted

I'm sure it was wonderful for you getting out like a break for freedom. Thing is our house is in an awkward place. We have a gravel path to start then steps down to the car! We have gates to open and close too it's a REAL PAIN!!! Just totally puts me off.

I'm trying to psych myself up for crutch walking today! ??

Our NHS is just so uncomplicated. It's like if u need to see a Dr it's free and if you need hospital it's free. You don't need to worry. Just praying that never gets taken away . For those that can't afford medical insurance or fees their health would really suffer!

• Posted

It so true. If the US just did the same ( which Canada is) things would be better honestly. When o had no insurance I really touched it out going to dr or ER, etc. It's horrible. And now working in healthcare u see the whole other side of it.

I wish I lived in the country! My brother lived in Germany, France, Japan, Switzerland. And he loved how open and non congested compard to NY. I hate it here. I want to move where is is now down south. He has like 8 acres of land and huge beautiful home and neighbors are far enough to not deal with inappropriate noise! He said it's heaven. One day I'll get there.

Waiting for myasters degree and my husband to retire. Then I'm making a move somewhere else. ??

You should try a few steps w crutches every hour or so. I'll help be ur motivator! U can do this!! Just remember beautiful feet!

• Posted

Lol your dog sounds well behaved if I took our dog out she would pull me right over we have a springer spaniel puppy!!! Crazy dog

I need one of those lamps. I find getting out to nail places a drag living out in the country!

• Posted

I ordered mine off Amazon prime. For 45$ and then I bought nail gel builder. I have thin breakable nails done use it to make them a bit thicker while staying as natural looking as possible. And then I got some gel polishes in a pack if I feel like having color. It was very worth it. I you tubed how to do it myself and tips. And it's not hard at all! Everyone thinks I get them done at a place and I don't. I just take my time. Saved me a lot of money in the long run.

• Posted

I'm going to look into that. For some reason my nails done take well to acrylics and start coming away at the bail beds within days. It's depressing. It's the expense that's worse. I got my nails done last month and they lasted a week! Pretty good for me. Was done in a different way. Used tips then used this Calgel overlay it's basically just like a nail varnish and then they use that lamp thing. I need to investigate. It's not like I don't have the time at the moment lol

• Posted

Haha all I do is order bc I'm home. I hubby said that to me yesterday he is always getting emails on Amazon orders lol

Yea the gel is much better more durable lasts weeks. I got 3 weeks out of mine no chip or anything. Just regrowth. I never like acrylic. It did horrible to my nail beds too!

• Posted

???? I would but... If he orders things then It foiled lol it's his account that I share. So I do it to myself really. ??

• Posted

Been sitting out side for hours again today. Sweating to death. But worth it. Hope u were able to go outside and relax.

How is the heel.walkkng going??

• Posted

Hi ya. Lucky you. Bet that was lovely. I've not been outside at all. Been a decent day though but very cloudy this afternoon. Typical British summer!

Well I've been quite busy today with it being the weekend as the children have been around me a lot. So I've not tried! Oops. There's always tomorrow lol but I can't keep putting it off. I have no excuse as I have my crutch now.

I'm wondering if when I get my stitches out next week I will be able to have a bath? I've just been bathing myself at the sink but oh wow I'd love a nice soak BUT not sure how I'd get in and out. That's my problem.

Been getting quite a few electrifying pains in my big toe that make me jolt!! Luckily they last seconds but all the same nasty.

My mum is back now as hubby away from tomorrow which is not a bad thing. Haha. The longer he is away the better for my liking. Shame he didn't work away permanently . I've done a lot today . Baked cookies, made lunch, bathed the girls, did the dish washer, homework with the girls. I may be only able to crawl and hop but I don't do that bad do I ??x

• Posted

Ur a busy bee! Lol

I don't know when I get stitches out. Maybe tomorrow dr will let me know. I'm pretty sure it's just a bandage change. Hopefully I have no post pay again. It was nice to just walk out.

I'm inside now gna eat. I was actually waiting for my new baiting suit top to be here already but mail dis not come so I was out in a tank top. Swung on hammock a little.

• Posted

Lol that's like really absolutely nothing compared to what I'd normally do. Seriously.

Wow well I reckon you'll have seen your Dr at least twice since your next foot is done? I've not seen my Dr at all since op. My appt is Tuesday. Hope I don't have gangrene under my bandage lol.

Wish these stupid electric burning pains would go they're more electric quick pains than the burning sensations now. Hopefully that's a good thing!

• Posted

I was having that burning feel a few days. But not today thank God..

Wow. U haven't seen it dr since the surgery! Post op in 3-4 days is pretty general here after surgery. Making sure no infection and no open stitches. And the bandage change helps w reduce risk. But it may differ bc u had a slightly different surgery.

I think my husband really sees how much I do now since he has to do this since the postop.

• Posted

Ohhh yes it's an eye opener for the men with the woman can't do her usual daily chores! My hubby hasn't had to do anything as much as my mum has done all the chores except he hoovered upstairs yesterday. I don't think he knew what end to hold and what end to hoover with. ??

Well stitches wise I reckon I've only had maybe 4 but I will see on Tuesday. I will let you know.

Did you get the side of your foot sliced and bone shaved a bit? Think he only cut me about 2 to 3 tiny holes for the cutting devise and the screw. I will have to ask and check what went on but I think that's what happened. These stupid painful shocks still bothering me but don't want pain Meds as I want some wine tonight and I don't really agree with wine and paracetamol. Might be OK I don't know.

• Posted

Wine or any ETOH changes the effects of a drug. I drank taking Tylenol. But it was a low dose.

I thought I was having a key hole procedure but it was a large old fashioned slice and cut bone and shaving.

• Posted

Experiencing sharp pain in bog toe on top. Like it under the nail bed. Last 30 secs and gone. Just took pain med so I can sleep
    • Posted

Oh I know that pain. Comes and goes all the time with me. It makes me wince sometimes but luckily usually doesn't last long and goes.

Just tried heel walking with my crutches. Oh my no way! As soon as I put any weight on my heel I feel really really bad pins and needles pain in my heel!!! Why is that? Did you get that?

There's no way I can possible walk on my heel. I'm really worried. I've posted something on here so hoping to get some reassurance. I guess I'm worrying I have nerve damage! Very worried.

Omg re your bunion op procedure. When did you find out it wasn't MIS??? you must be in more pain than me getting that style surely. That's why you'll have had your dressings changed more than me.

I've got my appt tomorrow but feel I'm chicken ingredients out on the driving and not only that but relying on the sat navigation to get me there. My mum will be with me but she couldn't drive on those roads. Any more than 2 lanes and she just loses it. She's rubbish as me with directions too. I need to speak to his secretary to see if there's anything we can do about the date. Arhhhh typical hubby away. Never there when I need him as per.

It will be early hours for you. Hope your pain subsided

• Posted

Could they send a home nurse to change ur bandage?? And re-schedule appt??

I don't think I have pins and needles in my heel. But it takes a long time for the nerves to reattach and ' come back to life' sort of speak.

Plus, keep in mind u are also stretching muscles that have been in used like they used to. So it makes thing stiff and annoyingly difficult.

I couldn't and still can not walk directly in the center of my heel. Been trying but impossible at this point.

I hope that feeling goes away for u. ??

I'm going to dr in 45mins for bandage change. Ugh. I have to tell him not to wiggle my toe

• Posted

Arhhhh oh no bet you're dreading your appt. Is it the surgeon you see or a Dr?

I had my appt tomorrow to get stitches out and splint on. I have changed it to Wednesday as hubby home tomorrow night. He can drive me. If I went to my appt tomorrow I'd have to drive there and I don't know where it is so have to rely on Sat navigation which I'm still not good at. I have to go to the plaster dept. The nurse I was seeing works along side my surgeon and only day day does he do what I need doing. Typical so instead the plaster depth will do my stitches and put my splint on.

I'm looking forward to getting my bandage off. I wish it was tomorrow but I'm best waiting an extra day just so I don't have to drive.

Praying getting the bandage off will make my foot more comfortable. I'm not looking forward to it getting messed about with though. They better not bend my toe I would scream. Hope your Dr leaves your toe alone.

Hope u had a good night's sleep. You right foot will be getting done in days! Are you starting to get nervous?? Can't they do MIS this time??

• Posted

The cut looks very good and will have minimal scarring. But I think it was bc of the bruised bone issue I had. They needed a biopsy.

I don't think this bandage change will be so bad. But I def want this bandage off! and everything out

• Posted

My foot dr is also my surgeon which is nice. Cool guy. Made things less stressful to surgery.
    • Posted

Oh you'll have to tell me how your appt goes.

At least you've seen your new foot! I will have to have waited 2 weeks!! I'm. Nervous of seeing my new foot. I'm thinking it could look amazing and I will be able to show my new foot off but then I think omg what if it's not what I thought . I was told it all went well and looked great.

• Posted

Stay positive. I'm sure everything went well. My foot didn't look too terrible minimal bruising and swelling I was surprised. Was expecting franken-foot but it was far from ??

• Posted

Lol I don't know what to think it will be like. You probably had a good idea being a nurse.

• Posted

Just had bandage change. Foot hurts. Got a little confident walking with surgical boot. And then...... I pulled my big toe up and now it hurts underneath. I was told my toe is not completely positioned where the dr would like it to be. But its very minimal. The space between my big toe and adjacent toe should be a little closer but it's not that far off. So I'm good with it.

Just the bottom of my foot of big toe hurts bad now. Ugh ?? such a dodo.

• Posted

Still not sure about surgery time. He said he not sure if he is going to and from on hospital that day. So hoping my surgery is scheduled the same time in morning
    • Posted

In the worst pain I have ever felt with. After leaving the dr office it was just getting worse and worse. Couldn't sleep right away and my foot spasmed so it made it far worse. I was in tears for about 5 Mins full of sobbing and cursing. And then finally the ice number the pain enough and stopped the spasms for me to fall asleep.

I just woke up w pain again but I really did not want to take anymore pills for pain. So I'm icing it in hopes of numbing it and back to ??

• Posted

?? omg. What did the Dr do to you yesterday. Was he messing with your big toe??

I'm so sorry you're in pain! U must have been awake a lot in the night? It must be about 3am with you? It's nearly 9am here.

I hope you've gotten some sleep and the pain has settled?

What's caused the pain do u think?

I'm dreading someone messing with my foot tomorrow getting bandages off. I'm not seeing the person I should be seeing who works along side my surgeon. He's a specialist nurse. So I was hoping to have had questions answered but I have to just go to the plaster dept who will do my stitches bandages off and deco splint.

I will need to phone and speak to that specialist nurse after my splints on for some advice about the pins and needles preventing me from walking on heel. I even have pins and needles if I press on the heel with my fingers. If I press on top of my ankle at the bottom of my leg I get pins and needles sensation where I was operated on which scares me. It's very odd.

Oh I do hope you're OK ? x

• Posted

I don't think it was the bandage change. I think I stepped wrong and mayb trying to walk fast caused this.

It's feelkng better but I can not heel.walk like I was doing. Which is going to be a problem in the future after surgery. ???

• Posted

Oh no. Wonder what you did? Maybe rest and elevation and ice will recover it. Hopefully. 3 days to your op!! You need to get it better. I really feel for you. I'm sure you don't feel like getting your other one done yet but I know you need to. ??

• Posted

I'm ok with the op. Just not ok with not being able to get around. With two bum feet what can you do? And after the 4th of July is my post op date and bandage change on other foot. ?

And I still need to find things for after surgery but I can not drive. Ugh.

I'm gna try and go back to sleep now

• Posted

Bless you. That July appt is so quick after your op. I don't know how you will do it ??. Is there no way of delaying at all. Even by a week? Or is it out the question?

• Posted

Hi Tabitha.

How's the pain?? I hope it settled for you. Been thinking about you all day. Sounds like it's been awful

Poor you

Today I had had no electric pains to my big toe which feels odd!!! I keep waiting for them to arrive.

• Posted

I have to go to that appt. It's the first post op bandage change. Hopefully my husband takes me.

I was able to get back to sleep. Today it feels much better but I have not braved heel walking

• Posted

Going to attempt heel walking to go grocery shopping. Hope it not that bad. Figure I can put my foot the shipping cart basket on bottom and use like a crutch to get around the store. Mayb my dad will help me
    • Posted

Glad you're foot is feeling better phew. Wow you're so brave going shopping. I've not been out the house anywhere since foot op on 15th!! Have to tomorrow due to my hospital visit. ??

• Posted

I didn't go to store. My dad kinda of screwed that happening. So now I'm trying to figure out who can take me. Hubby at work.

I started to try and heel walk. I hate the surgical shoe. I feel like it makes it worse

• Posted

Oh, sorry you didn't get out. That must have annoyed you. It's frustrating isn't it not being able to do what you normally do ??.

I've not tried heel walking again today. The other day worried me with pins and needles. I'm going to try after my tight bandages come off as hoping that's the cause of pins and needles feelings.

Oh my word you only have 2 more days!!! Heavens. Will hubby be off Friday and the weekend with you? I hope so. I've still not had that electric pain so I'm praying it's stopped. I felt a couple of times it could have started but it didn't. I guess it has to stop at some point.

Tomorrow will be testing as I have the children's church service for an hour in morning then off to hospital and considering I've not been out the house for 2 weeks other than in the garden near the back door it will be testing for me plus will need to use the crutches out and about. Dreading it but will be nice to get it. It's going to rain ALL day tomorrow!!! Great ??

• Posted

Yea def try heel walking after the bulky bandage change. That's what I did.

I did manage to go out and get a few things w my dad but we had an argument about things and he forgot about taking my to surgery Thursday. And my husband and I are not talking now. Bc he has not helped me when I asked and it was a bit of the silent treatment. I just don't have time for this when I was I. that much Pain.

So I'm not having a great time.trying.to.get things together for surgery. I am having my amazing cousin come and go get my groceries so i don't have to leave.

I just hate feeling like I'm an inconvenience to anyone and I'm on my own. I did fall today backward. But my crutch swung up and hit the dog into his chest. ???. He ok. I'm ok. Just a big day I didn't want to face

Mayb tm will.b better.

• Posted

Oh dear. You did have a very bad day! Poor you. It's so damn frustrating when you have to rely on people. My mum is quite annoying at times and I have to keep biting my lip aa I need her to be here to help with the children and for chores. My hubby is pretty useless and we are always arguing and he spends half the week away in London for work every week.

Oh my. Your poor doggy. Oh bless him. I'm sure he's forgiven you already dogs are like that. Very loyal and forgiven. Bet you felt dreadful yesterday. I cried most of Saturday morning. It was depressing. Are you OK after your fall. How did you manage that?

Is it tomorrow your surgery? I thought it was Friday? Oh gosh. You'll be stressed about that.

Oh well it's time for me to get up. Only have 2 hours to help with the children and get myself ready for their play at church then I have to shoot over to the hospital. I've gotten used to not having to go anywhere so getting ready is going to be a real drag.

I hope today will be a better day. That's great your cousin is helping you for your shopping that must be a relief. X

• Posted

Meant to ask. Now you have your bandage off is it just dressed? Do you have a splint on?
    • Posted

I don't know how my cuz is going to be able to help me with with shopping. Bc I have coupons for a pharmacy store to get an ice bag and it makes it much cheaper and I have to get the boys something to chew while im here on couch. Give them something to do.

My husband seems to given up on helping me with stuff. I had to conrinue some of the chores he slacked on big time. Which frankly for me mad. So we argue on that.

• Posted

I wrote another reply but it says it has to go through moderator lol not sure why but anyway I do not have a splint. Dr just rebandaged and then I guess next week the sutures will come out.?? And the other foot will have bandage change.
    • Posted

Is your cousin going to take you shopping?

Hmm you're gonna need lots to keep the dogs amused bless them. They'll be wondering why you're not walking them anymore. Has your doggy forgiven you for the crutches in chest incident. I bet he's had lots of cuddles.

I've come to realise that men are useless when it comes to chores. They just can't do things how a woman can! I felt very guilty as I've taken the whole of my hubby's day up with my hospital visit . There was traffics jams and he drove for 4 hours round trip. Then as soon as we arrive home he has a quick bite to eat then has an hour and quarter drive to the train station then a 3 hour train journey to London ??

I feel terrible relying on people and then I moan when things aren't done to my standard. I think after 2 weeks of us being sort of helpless it's obviously getting us stressed. Quite rightly so though. It's very frustrating not being able to do much.

So I got my bandages took off and there were no stitches used just steri strips yayyyyyyy so no pulling out of any stitches and omg I couldn't believe my foot it did not look mine it looked so narrow it was surreal. I was over the moon of course but my big toe looked odd. My toes are swollen but I bet they go down over night I'm going to try to elevate but the kids are home in 30 mins and then I get a bit busy. Thing is I feel like found nothing now because my bandages are off and splint on but my foot feels really odd and I just feel strange.

We must find a way to do pics after out first foot is healed so we can do comparison before and after. I assume you did a b4 photo?

I'm going to phone the hospital tomorrow as I have a few questions about getting it wet and stuff.

Hey the lady that took my bandage off and cleaned up my foot said the bandage WAS tight!! Told you didn't I. And since getting it off guess what I don't feel that pins and needles. Well so far I mean I've put my heel down with a little pressure and I don't feel it. Praying it's stopped as it's preventing my heel walk trying!!

It was such hard work getting in and out the car today and getting around in hospital etc. My big toe feels so achy right now and I'm getting a bit of pain where I go ohhhhh but I'm trying to hold off and Meds. They're quite regular and I don't need discomfort when the kids are around.

Is your op Friday?

• Posted

Wow it bandage was that right! That's not good wrap from who ever did it. I would def tell the next staff when u get other one done. About bandage being too tight.

So far pain in one foot is ok. Hopefully I'm able to get around tomorrow. Still do not know when surgery time it. Won't know for a bit they call around 2-6p and its 130.

• Posted

Wow it bandage was that right! That's not good wrap from who ever did it. I would def tell the next staff when u get other one done. About bandage being too tight.

So far pain in one foot is ok. Hopefully I'm able to get around tomorrow. Still do not know when surgery time it. Won't know for a bit they call around 2-6p and its 130.

• Posted

• Posted

Yeah well I reckon it will have been the surgeon who did bandage. I will be telling him. Even with bandages off I find it still difficult to flex my ankle up ??

Has your burning electric pains stopped? Mine seem to have and yesterday non of them pains either I'm having some aches on my bunion since bandage off.

Have u left the heel walking today? I'm trying tomorrow. I'm still getting used to my new feeling. My big toe just feels strange . Feels like it's not stable? Looked a bit wobbly when bandage off. Hard to explain but I feel it will fall off lol. The pins and needles much well reduced thank god.

• Posted

I did some heel walking today but not too much bc I was afraid of any pain

My surgery is tm at 6am 😳

• Posted

Great u did some heel walking it's confidence building.

Oh my no way 6am tomorrow!!! Is 6am admission time or when youll have op? 6am seems ridiculous ??So that will be 12pm here lunchtime. Ohhhhh I hope it goes well Tabitha. I will be thinking of you. Let me know how you're getting on tomorrow. Are you feeling nervous? Do you feel like you can puy most your weight on your left foot with crutches enough to support your body weight when u have other one done?

Wow. Well good luck. I will be thinking of you. X

• Posted

Def not enough weight for other foot. But I can borrow my mom's wheelchair. She got a new one that my dad said I can borrow. So I might do that. We shall see how it all goes. I'm a little nervous but not that much. I know what to expect.

My admin time is 730 but hey want me there at 6 to have blood drawn. My potassium is low and I have a heart block that I just found out I have a week before surgery. ??

• Posted

Well today's the day! Good luck and like you say you know what to expect!!

I had no bloods done before my surgery which I was a bit surprised about. What's a heart block?

Great re wheelchair I know I'd need one if I was getting my other one done today.

My mum is doing my head in so I really have to get this heel walking mastered so she doesn't have to come and stay. Plus she's worn out. She's finding it difficult to get out of bed on a morning. I feel so guilty. She's 70 too. Now I don't have that pins and needles I'm hoping me trying the heel walk is going to work. Wish me luck.

Right, well good luck and I hope all goes well. X

• Posted

Yayyyyyyy I did it I'm heel walking no problem now. It's with crutches tho but hopefully I will master doing It without the crutches as they hinder carrying things. Well I feel there's been a huge step forward in my recovery right now. Hoping I won't have to have my mum here next week now but hubby away couple of days so that will be testing if I can't heel walk without crutches and having the 3 kids to sort??

• Posted

I'm glad your able to start the heel walking! Take ur time. I just got up to shower and get ready for the surgery. Ttys.

• Posted

It's great. I'm so happy but I looked at mirror at my foot and it looks like my toes are high and don't touch the shoe I'm a bit horrified right now incase that's the way they'll be ??.

It's the it like 3am with you? Why u up so early?

• Posted

Can u only heel walk with crutches? How do u get upstairs?
    • Posted

It was 410 in the morning when I got up. Had to shower.

I do ok up the stairs w crutches or without if heel walkng, but I have no clue how I'm getting around without a wheelchair. There's no way I can do anything without.

Before op I'm going to mention to him I won't be able to do anything with out one. Bc I will b home most the time alone.

It's 530 now. Hubby driving me to hospital. Hopefully I will be able to respond later after all the meds. Wish me luck!

• Posted

Wishing you lots of luck for today. You'll be absolutely fine . In a few weeks you'll feel great and be getting around its just until then. You'll have lovely feet and be much more mobile. Hang on in there.

I've got my second foot all to come. You'll have symmetrical feet. My feet will look so odd ??.

Good luck and let me know how you are as soon as you can x

• Posted

My other toes are up too but after awhile they going down. Hopefully not a permanent look.

Guess this will all pay off in the end for us.

My left foot hurts today too. Waking long time to and from is killing me. ?? there's just no way to crutch walk. Waiting for IV insertion and tests..

I'll respond later today. Ttys.

• Posted

Are they? Oh well maybe it's just temporary measure. I hope so. Imagine floating toes ?? yikes what a thought. Get rid of your bunion then get floating toes!

Good luck. You'll be home tonight and you can relax

• Posted

Hi Tabitha.

Desperate to know how you got on today??

Hope it all went well and you are at home recovery nicely.

Let me know you're OK when you can.

Ps I've been walking all over today.....without the crutches and just my Daco shoe ?? new lease of life. I don't all sorts today. I'm so tired now though. Not used to being this active. I'm even contemplating getting my right one done sooner rather than later!! I better not mention that to my mum yet lol. She's so exhausted!!! X

• Posted

Hello Gillian.

Foot hurts. Got up to bathroom and hubby carried me. And I scream and cried the whole time. It was horrible. Thought I was to have a nerve block but this one doesn't seem to be working as well as last op.

I'm so glad that ur heel walking! I still have no idea how I am going to heel walk. This is insane. Hopefully after the few days I'll b alright. ????

• Posted

Oh no!! I'm so sorry you're suffering. I'm so sorry about the ankle block not working so well. Was it the same person who administered it with your left foot? It sounds such a different experience than your left foot. That's scary. Couldn't have done keyhole?

Was the op OK? Did u get sedated?

I just can't imagine how pull get about. I feel so sorry for you. How long is hubby off?

Gosh I wish I could help. Can't imagine what I'd be like getting around if I got my other one done right now. Poor you.

I hope the pain calms down and hope you can get comfy and get lots of undisturbed sleep.

Let me know how you're getting on.

• Posted

I was so upset with hospital stay bis was complete night from day. The CNAs were so nasty and one nurse got me so annoyed

But I'm home now so it's much better than sitting there frustrated.

• Posted

I don't think the doctor administered it. Iy may have been someone else. Idk. In so much discomfort bc I got up

• Posted

Omg what a bad experience!!! Poor you. But your home now and it's all done ?? it's just a matter of getting recovered. Under those bandages you now have perfect matching feet ??. In a few weeks you'll be wearing pretty saddles and this will all be just a distant memory .

Were u asleep for your ankle block?

• Posted

Yea. They knocked me out. Today is not that terrible. Coping w not being able to do anything
    • Posted

Hi

How you getting on??

My foot and toes are so swollen since I've been walking about! It's very odd! Hope it's temporary. Not getting much pain at all now just uncomfortable aches now and again.

Hope you're OK. X

• Posted

I tried the walker today. And was able to get around. I feared I would not b able to but I was! I'm still taking it easy for the next few days tho bc I want to let the 3 days that's are supposed to be the worst to be over. And then I'll start getting around. At least the discomfort from my other foot is distracted by the other foots pain lol

• Posted

I think ur swelling of foot maybe bc of just getting up and letting the circulation get there. And ur body is just reacting to the change. I don't think it will last too long. Mayb a week or two.

I was able to get up and make it to the kitchen and start crock pot. My hubby is skeptical about

• Posted

Sorry I pressed reply. I meant my husband is skeptical about the chicken crock pot recipe I found. But it should be good. I like using it to make meals. It's easier to just put it together and by dinner time it done.

• Posted

Yeah I hope it's temporary I'm such a worrier!! I must confess I have been on my feet a whole lot yesterday and some today as it was kids sports day.

Wow you're up and about!! You are a star. Check you out!! You're gonna do just great.

How's the pain? Is your left foot bothering you at all?

That's sounds nice and Easy the crock pot. Unfortunately my kids think my kitchen is a restaurant and I end up making about 3 different meals as they like different things ??.

I'm. So tired and worn out atm I've over done it because I can walk I've been doing all sorts. I'm paying the price. Just had long hot bath now I'm going to chill with wine and American Horror Story. I will probably fall asleep after a glass of wine ??

• Posted

Haha my mom used to cook different meals for my siblings too. No one liked what the other had.

The food smells amazing. Can't wait to try it. Just made my potatoes in broth to put in oven. And then dinner will be done. Ugh.

My foot pain is not too bad on left foot. But I so distracted with right foot discomfort. I'm getting that burning sensation.

Glass of wine and a bath sounds so nice! One day. I will get around to it. After I'm done with the antibiotics

• Posted

Oh no not that burning sensation arhhhhhhh I'm so glad that doesn't happen now. Poor you.

Do they give u antibiotics as standard after an op? I wasn't given any.

Mt wine last night was lovely but it knocked me right out lol.

• Posted

Yea the antibiotics are given to keep from getting infection in bone while it heals. Wonder why they didn't do antibiotics with u. Mayb bc I have the percutaneous pin ?

I can't wait for a drink.

• Posted

I'm. Not sure. I know I got a pin too. They try not to give out antibiotics here they're big on this resistance thing if they prescribe too many etc.

I've had MRS A twice once after my middle baby and one after my BA last year. I'd feel better if I had antibiotics I'm. So scared of getting a bad infection.

How r u today? Are u sleeping OK?

• Posted

Yea we don't do antibiotics unless severe infection or precaution from surgery. This is just to keep me from a bone issue.

Mrsa. That rough

I didn't sleep too well. Mostly bc my frenchie stole my elevation pillow so I couldn't put my feet on it and get comfy

• Posted

Oh no. He's getting u back for the walking stick to the chest day lol ??. Bet u were like oh man doggy!!!

U sleeping on the couch still? I am. I'm worried my hubby will throw his leg over my foot or something and cracking my toe off plus he snores so I don't like sleeping next to him anyway so good excuse to not sleep in the same bed.

• Posted

Haha yea I'm still on the couch. Keeping away from my husband and his kicking feet!

U had mrsa after ur BA. That must have been scary! Hopefully no where near that area. Haha. I had my BA last year too. In March. I was on antibiotics as well and better pain meds

Mayb I can ask for something different at visit on Tuesday. This med giving me headaches

• Posted

Yeah I had MRSA in my scar after my BA. I had my first BA in 2013. I only had 210ccs as not much tissue In that area. I'd breastfed for 6 years! I was like a pancake ?? all went fine but omg ouch. Was under muscle!

Last August I went to 360s. I just wanted

bit bigger. On the night I developed a haematoma so had to go back to theatre. There was half litre of bloody in there. Anyway I got sorted. Then I developed MRSA in the other one!!!! Bit of a nightmare. It hurt for weeks inside. ?? I still want to go bigger!!! I just need to win the lottery lol

Yeah I got MRSA in THAT area after my middle child ??. I had a second degree tear and lots of stitches. I had a bad time with the MRSA but wasn't treated with antibiotics it went in its own as I was young and healthy.

So I'm quite worried I'm maybe prone to MRSA.

I had local and sedation for my BA it was fantastic. I left the centre an hour after my surgery after both BAS and only 30mins after my haematoma surgery! I'd never have had the BA if it meant a general anesthetic. I'd wanted it doing for wayyy over a decade to say the least I'd never been blessed in that dept. Then I heard of a pioneering local and sedation technique and went for it. Best thing I ever did.

Do u have a very shape like big gap between your big toe and second toe. Think I asked u b4. Mine is really bothering me. I get a straight foot then I go get a big V. I read up on it a bit and think I might need a tendon release??? I will ask about it on my next appt. Think it's about 4th August or something. I want perfect feet after all this.

Have u been wiggling your big toe on your left foot . I've not been told to and I'm nervous it's going to end up needing physio

• Posted

I had one BA. I lost crazy amount of weight from a med treatment and therefore lost my girls. Was upset I couldn't get them back no matter how much I tried. So I went with 500s. I still had tissue left just looks 2 cup sizes before I had the BA

I have a slight gap I between my toes. I mean u are supposed to have a slight space. But mine is a little more than supposed to on left. Not sure about right side yet. I'll see it Tuesday. Hope it matches at least

Yikes mrsa under tissue and post partum. U are a strong lady for sure! I was on prophylactic antibiotics during and after surgery.

I dread PT. I really don't want to move my.toes more than I can right now bc of discomfort.

• Posted

Oh I'm after 500s next I reckon I can take 500s now. I want them closer together too as there's quite a gap even with wonder bra! I just think one more op get them how I want and I will be happy. You only live once but it's getting my hubby to agree. It will cost another 4k that's 12k altogether. Did u have to have a general??

I won't be happy anyone moving my big toe about I'm really nervous about it! It seems unstable like it will fall off.

• Posted

I so thankful for my anatomy bc I didn't have a gap. And now I have perfect cleavage without a push up. But with one they look amazing! My surgeon was a brilliant dr. Some women have a sternum gap. Just they way they are built. Discuss w dr to make sure it will give u that look.

I don't want anyone messing w my feet. I always had and still have a embarrassing feeling about my feet. I hated how they lookwd and never wanted to wear open toe.

• Posted

There's a forum I went on for my BA are u familiar w the just for breasts forum?

• Posted

Tbh I think it's the way I'm built. I'm very petite and just a size 6. He said my breasts don't like to be together. I have more side boobs really. My sternum is very skinny. No harm in me trying once more ??. I researched my surgeon very carefully. I read that he was also a children's surgeon. He also goes to Africa and helps to fix the faces of disfigured children and had even separated siamese twins. I knew he would be good with his hands. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with them going from nothing to a 32DD would have been only a dream to me. Maybe I should just be grateful for what I have!

I didn't really do the forum thing b4 my BA. I just knew I needed it doing and happy I'd found a very good surgeon and one that offered LA and Sedation. That's all I needed to know.

Hubby needs a new car next year that's my problem so 4k on boobs wouldn't go down very well lol. They do look very in proportion though. He's quite a conservative surgeon and very sensitive with what would look just right and what would look over the top. They look very natural at the moment. I just guess I need them tweaking a little and making a bit bigger. It's possible but it's just paying for it as I've had 2 BAs in 3 years.

Hmmm me too. Never had nice feet since about 6! I'd just got too fed up and had to do something about it . There's something about me turning 40 next March that is making me want to be as perfect as I can be for 40 lol.

• Posted

I don't know what age thus started. I know I was in my early teens telling my parents something was wrong and never addressed it. It wasn't a concern nog enough for the drs I guess. But now it's a problem.

I was a full C to a D naturally Before I lost tremendous weight from a med I didn't need. Now after my BA I'm a 34DD. I was a 32/34B before the actual surgery date last March. I think it was a great pick the 500s. I'm very tall. 5'11" and it fits my frame perfect. I can dress them up to look voluptuous or down so I don't look so obviously huge.

I was a decent size before natural and all my friends thought I had BA then but I was in my teens and not making money to even pay for one boo. ??lol but now no one notices or says anything. I only told two nurses I know and my mom. I'm sure my.mother tells everyone in my family but I can care less.

And I'm in scrubs most the time so no one knows I have boobs until I show up to a holiday party or something lol.

I think 500's would be perfect on u especially if u have a side boob. I don't have side boob and I have HP implant

• Posted

I meant to say I was glad I had mine done second time round. It was a big decision to get them redone only 2 years after getting them done in the first place. It's a lot of money and we should have been spending it on the house but I was just adamant I wanted them bigger. When the surgeon replaced my right one he realised my implant had ruptured!!! I'd taken a before photo so when he told me about the rupture I looked at my before photo and noticed that one looked bigger and a lot lower than the other side. I'd not even noticed. I'd had no pain or any indication to say it had been ruptured so was very lucky I'd got a re do so soon. I'd had a mammogram a year after my first BA as found a tiny lump which ended up being a little ripple at bottom of implant! Thankfully. I'd never want a mog ram in the future as obviously I don't want another rupture. Instead I'd be asking for some ultrasound instead.

Well I'm so small. I'm only 5ft 4inches and I don't even weigh 8stone. So the boobs are very I'm proportion. I just know if they were closer together, a bit more volume under neath and a cup size bigger I'd be the happiest girl ever. I just need 4 thousand pounds lol. I need to get a job and save up but if I worked it would be very difficult with the children. My hubby works away in London a lot and I have no family close to help. The grandma's live over an hour away so it's not like they can quickly pop over and do a school run! Plus it's very much I do everything in the house and for the kids and hubby just works like a dog and brings home the money. That's the way it has to be. ??

I just think life's so short and if u want something u have to do your best to go get it.

• Posted

I agree. Things have Been tight on my end as well. I was taking off work often bc of pain and had to quit hours at job bc I just couldn't do it. So my husband is the main source of Income. Especially right now that I'm not working at all bc of surgery. I hate not having money in my pocket like I used to. But not like I have to go anywhere.

My BA was 7 grand I got a discount bc husband put up the Money in cash filling week he went back for sizing

Your BA sounded like a lot of work! I don't think I will go any bigger or smaller. I honestly don't want to b put under for anymore surgeries. I'm done with having to deal w recovery.

My BA wasn't have to have done surgery like my feet, but it truly helped me feel like myself again. I was getting depressed when my bras didn't fit and noticed my boobs were smaller. It's amazing something like that can break a woman's spirit.

• Posted

Hmm 7 grand in UK cash or in your currency?? I'd have to do an online conversion to see how it compares to over here. I was totally depressed as I had like zero so even after my first BA I was over the moon! Yeah my second BA took it out of me. It was a million times more painful than my bunion! I was in agony for a whole week then for weeks I couldn't lay down as I'd never get back up because of the pain I'd develop overnight. I had to sleep propped up for weeks on end. No pain no gain. It's not out me off tho. It could happen again with the haematoma maybe I'm very vascular I don't know. Id do it again in a heart beat if it meant I could get what I want. I'm one of those that if I want it that badly I will find a way. ??

I've not worked since the middle child 7.5 years ago!!! I didn't miss the money as I only worked 12 hours a week and my hubby's wages have gone up so much over the years. I hate it that now I want to get a job it's impossible because I have 3 kids. Employers see me as unreliable. I have had interviews but they have only been bothered in how many kids I have how old they are and who will look after them while I'm at work in the school holidays. They can't ask those questions (legally as its discrimination) but If I tell them that they'll think I have something to hide. Jobs I could have done standing on my head rejected for because I have kids. I don't stand a chance. I want to do a degree but you have to pay about 9 thousand pounds a year over 3 years that's 27 thousand pounds to qualify. I can't afford that. I was never encouraged to get educated just to go out and work after I left school. I feel so let down. I could have a good career now. And be able to afford that 3rd boob job ??.

I took my plasters off today and did a before and after pic and sent it to my mum and sister. My hubby was quite surprised. I don't know what he made of it. It looks a bit swollen and gross with the incision scars.

Has your burning pain gone in left foot now. I've not had that for days. I just get pain in one of my incision areas. I do hope I don't have an infection!!! It feels like bone pain. If it continues I will go to drs surgery for a swab to be taken. I'm worried about MRSA. The lady that took my bandage off and cleaned it didn't wear gloves! And she cleaned it with wipes with no gloves. So I'm obviously worried now. If I do get an infection I will be blaming her!

• Posted

Omg! How do I do a wound d cleaning with no gloves! Ur feet are one the top areas for easy infection but still u want to prevent any easy bacterial entry. I would have said something! At the hospital I was at on Thursday one of the nursing assisants gave me a pillow from another patients room! That's a HUGE no no in med feild. I will complain on Tuesday appt for sure. Bc that pillow had someone else's blood on it! I felt so grossed out! I was in shock. They obviously do not know how to do their job. And I was in so much pain I just wanted to leave. Bc I ws there long enough.

My BA was 7 grand my currency. That's about 5300 pounds I think. I'm not that great at figuring out exact amounts. I am guessing best to my ability.

I wish I did a before and after shot. I'm sure I have photos somewhere that show my horrible before foot. But I did take afters. But I guess that is all that counts.

• Posted

Well I've been thinking I need to say something at my next appt. I think the pain maybe from the place the pin was inserted. It's just not a nice feeling. If I have developed an infection that will be it I will find out who to complain to and I will. I wish I had said something now. I could kick myself! Arhhhhhhh

I once begged for a private room after my middle child. I was in agony after the tear. I had a catheter and couldn't move die to pain. The room I got was filthy. There was blood all over the toilet and at the end of the bed. I'm not surprised I developed MRSA. I got an invoice for a private room of £50. I wrote a letter of complaint stating I should not have to pay as the room was so filthy. The apologised and waived the fee . I should hope so too!!! I was disgusted but was better than being in a room full of new mums with screaming babies!!

Yes you're right I looked and it's about 5200 or something like that. Due to it being local and sedation there was no overnight stay so it makes it a lot cheaper. I went home an hour after my surgery. Plus a GA would have been more expensive. BAs range a lot here depending on size and if there's any complications before surgery etc.

Bet you couldn't believe your eyes when she handed you that pillow ??. I mean why would she want to contemplate touching my bloody bandages with her hands anyway??? Just bizarre. She wasn't actually a nurse she worked in the plaster dept so putting casts on broken bones etc but even so she must know to wear gloves or at least wash her hands in front of me before coming near me with no gloves on. I will be furious if there's infection. She will find out about it I can assure you.

Can't believe you did no before photos!! I bet you'll find a sneaky little foot photo somewhere maybe a holiday photo or something.

• Posted

Everytime I wanted to take photo the staff was doing something and was not able to take photo. But I will ask to see my xrays and just take a photo of those before and afters. Plus the dr never showed me them and I have the right to see them.

Yea I was so infuriated about the pillow situation but I guess I can call the hospital to complain bc they need to step up game on teaching the nursing assisants not to spread disease.

I just wouldn't touch a foot without a glove even if there wasn't blood present. So gross. I would most certainly say something next visit and tell the person doing it u would prefer them to do a clean technique!

I still can not believe u did not get antibiotics. That would def help prevent future infection. Especially with pins. But u did say that was protocol by u.

Are u allowed to at least spray on bactine disinfectant ?? U don't have bandage anymore right?

I dread the dressing change just bc of pain.

• Posted

I pray that my feet look the same after this. One foot my toes seem to point up more than the other foot. 😩 mayb bc.of the compression bandage
    • Posted

I got to see my x rays ohhh it was sad seeing how much out of joint they were ??.

Yes u need to complain. I will be too. It's not acceptable. Hospital born infections here are rife.

I got anti bs for my BA op but it was a private hospital so probably can get away with it lol.

I just have large plasters over incision scars they are time about 4 of them. I think for peace of mind I will go to drs for swabs to make sure I don't want to end up with my foot being amputated due to infection!

What do u have on your left foot now? I just realised my x rays appt has been made for 9 weeks after op and not 6 weeks! So I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask if they have got it wrong. I mean that's 3 weeks later than it should be!!

• Posted

I just hv a bandage on my feet. Still hv sutures too. Not sure when they come out. At least not crazy burning feeling anymore. I just want the bandages off I hate it. Bc I want to wash my feet so badly
    • Posted

Oh I'm so glad I had no sutures. I'd not like the pulled on omg. I can wash my foot but I don't want to be getting my plasters wet. I want to know when I can soak my foot without having one leg propped up on the bath! I just have a couple of plasters and a splint which I don't think does anything really but I'm. Sure it's on for a purpose.

• Posted

Not sure. Mayb protect that area until it's strong on its own?? I have no wheelchair. I was told I'm not to have one and heel walk. So I do to and from the bathroom with a walker now. I borrowed it from my mom.

• Posted

How is the heel walking going?? I have been doing more today since my husband is gone.

Hope your foot is doing better.

My left foot still.looks swollen. But not as bad. When it will go down I have no clue.

• Posted

I'm well away with the heel walking. Since the day after getting my bandages off. Proves it was the bandages preventing me from walking as it was too tight.

Are you heel walking OK on your right foot? How is the pain in that foot? Are you glad you did that one so soon now?

Are you more confident about being alone now hubby back to work?

Since heel walking my foot kept getting really swollen! Even my toes would turn into little fat sausages lol. Yesterday saw an improvement though and was a lot less swollen. Hopefully the swelling will stop. My big toe and where bunion was is still swollen. If I still have that pain today I'm going to drs to have a swab taken for peace of mind that there's no infection but I'd have to wait till probably Friday for results ??

• Posted

Yea I am doing alright with heel walking. I was all day without hubby around.

Pain in right foot is not too terrible. I def don't mind having it done so close together.

I just hate the bandage and the pin in my foot makes it uncomfortable w the shoe. It feel it bc the strap pushes on pin and nothing I do makes it better. So I have to just deal with it until it's out. Week and half I'm guessing it will b out on left foot.

• Posted

Yeah I'm just experiencing that same problem. I've been doing the old crawling technique a bit because I hate the shoe rubbing where the pin must be but mine stays in although the surgeon says sometimes they can cause a problem so some people get them taken out so I'm guessing in the future I may have to have it removed.

I'd definately feel ready to get my right one done now BUT it's the school holidays in a few weeks and it would eat into their holidays too much and I'd not be able to drive at all the whole time so it's impossible but would have been great to have had it done and over with. I was driving on Saturday ?? was nice to get out and about .

• Posted

So jealous u were driving around! But it's only for a short time I'm not allowed. I can't wait to get this over with. Really hate not being able to drive somewhere to get food or Starbucks.

I will b going for my bandage change tm so I'll b able to get out. Just don't want to deal w it tm.

• Posted

Arhhhh oh no the dreaded bandage change. Is that on your right foot? Is hubby taking you or your dad? Do you know when you'll be able to drive?

How's your right foot Been today?

• Posted

Bandage change was now too bad. But my foot hurt for a while mayb bc walking to much.

Gna b weeks before I can drive. Can't wait bc I going stir crazy.

• Posted

Yeah well I'm going stir crazy right now. I'm getting very depressed to not be doing what I did b4 my op like running about getting chores done without hobbling about and doing my gym sessions I'm missing so much! I truly feel down. ??

Glad your bandage change wasn't too bad. Did u see your new foot?? Gosh you have 2 new feet now ??lucky you.

I'm getting really sore pain where bunion was I'm reckoning where the pin is. it's a horrible pain. Not sure if it's just sore from the boot being on and it rubbing on the boot while walking? Looks swollen on that bit and I'm still getting swelling round ankle and foot and toes after I've been walking about. I'm still raising my foot when I'm asleep to help with swelling . I just want to be back to normal so bad right now I really do.

• Posted

Me too! I hate trying to get up and do something and can not. I want the band aids off md the normal walking already

I hate being limited to go places or do something on my own.

• Posted

I hv absorbable sutures too. So no wonder they were not taken out. So at least I don't hv to worry about that.

My new foot looked really good. Just want to b able to get around w no bandage or pin in one foot at this point

• Posted

I know. In a couple of months hopefully we will be messaging saying how we are back into normal life. Getting to the gym and running around the shops etc.

The pain I'm getting now is worrying me that it's the pin and it's going to be troublesome or something or maybe a stage of pain the healing process is going thru. I just don't know wonder if it's the shoe pressing when I'm walking. I do quite a bit of trotting about especially on an evening when the kids are home from school. Maybe in my head I'm thinking I should be OK by now and just maybe that's a crazy thought and maybe recovery is just like this! I will have lots of questions at my 6 week hospital appt a week on Tuesday!!! Hope they won't be in a rush lol.

• Posted

Are u getting any pain in your left one at all now? If it wasn't for this pain in that place it wouldn't be hurting at all. I'm so glad that burning pain only lasted 2 weeks omg. That was a bit nasty!

• Posted

Oh wow phew hey. All that worrying!!! Gosh.

Glad you're happy with new foot ??

• Posted

I am getting a sharp soothing pain in left foot but it does not last long. Only happens when I first get up and wake up from nap. I stretch my legs and my toes.

I think the strap on the pin is the worst. I want to adjust them. I have my sew machine. Going to move the strap.

• Posted

I've got a velcro splint so it's easy to adjust. Wish we could show photos on here I could point to where my pain is! I'm on Facebook if u add me I can show u the before and after pic. It's Gillian Newbould. Don't think there's many with my name. Not sure if u have a Facebook account.

I don't know where my pin is located but I reckon it's where I'm getting my pain. Just looking forward to getting rid of the wedge shoe and actually walk properly. Bet I'm limping for a while I will be worried I will snap my big toe or something.

I noticed on your origional post that it says there's 242 replies. That's us that ?? in a matter of weeks lol.

Did u ever get your wedge shoe or r u literally walking on your heel?

• Posted

My shoes have Velcro straps. But the one was so strapping over the spot w pin. I think that's the most annoying about this surgery. Lol

• Posted

Tell me about it. I totally agree. I just find it odd how it's never hurt there until I got to grips with the heel walking in the shoe. I'm sure that's what's causing it or should I say at least I'm hoping that's what's causing it and that it's not a troublesome pin!! That's worries me. The surgeon did say some people come back for pin removal as some can annoy some people. Bet I'm one of them ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.