Fissure victims please reply !

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone ,

Since I have already posted my experience with anal fissure and the symptoms that are associated with this condition , I forgot to ask anyone who goes through this . Although fissures seem to attack during and after defecation I suppose . Are fissures painful before defecation? Can a fissure hurt even when you haven't gone to do your business ? This the question I forgot to ask my doc . With my experience I can be in pain even before I go ! Does anyone share this out there ?! To be in pain even without going to use the number 2? Thanks again .

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Erick yes it is painful whenever the fissures flare up even before your No 2, you need to use hot bath to ease the pain, also Diltazam cream helped me, lots of rest no Driving, No fast food, No white bread, plenty prunes and figs and veg good luck
    • Posted

Wow! They just prescribed diltiazem 2% ! Is this to heal fissure ? And yes a good fiber diet is essential for the healing process !
  • Posted

if i understand it right a fissure is basically a cut so anything that  puts pressure on the cut will hurt , sitting in certain positions may stretch the skin so it wil hurt.   You just have to work out what hurts and avoid that and change your diet so you dont get constipated and the fissure has a chance of working

What treatment if any are you havig

• Posted

Well doc emphasize more on the diet aspect of it , more fiber intake . And she prescribed diltiazem ?
    • Posted

its not to heal it per se, its a pain suppressant and it relaxes the muscles so you can go more easily and therefore not aggrevate the fissure.  Other possible treatments if this doesnt work are botox injection and ultimately surgery but the latter is full of complications

• Posted

She did say that was the next step . Botox , surgery . Can this cause more complications ? Can chronic fissures heal ? And if not treated with surgery bring more issues ? If you know anything about this that is .
    • Posted

Diltazam cream allows blood flow and helps the healing process, so when your fissures have flared up you need to use the cream before and after BM, I never use tissue paper after BM, a hose to clean and then jump in the shower and have a very hot shower, then a bit of cream, Also you need to eat less and drink more water, once your fissures have settled down all you need to do is avoid Constipation, good luck
    • Posted

I had the Botox surgery, & it has helped. I'm not fully healed (still bleeding on some days), 6 or 7 weeks out, but I'm way better than before. The diltiazem irritated my tush & didn't particularly help me.
    • Posted

See that's the thing again I'm not bleeding at all. And the pain that most people on this forum describe sounds excruciating ! Mine is mild , to moderate . There's days when I'll feel ok, but days when it takes my life away !
  • Posted

mine healed over time, but its always 'there' a week area ready to flare up given the right circumstances.   Dont know much about botox , but I was advised that surgery can lead to a loss of bowel control and possible post surgery infections

Try and do with out either and if it does not heal make a judgement about whether you can live with the pain 

• Posted

I'd rather live with the pain , but to a point forbid it gets worst , I've been dealing with this for over a year ! Then I have no choice . But who wants to be popping involuntarily?!
  • Posted

Hi erick96818 --

When things were at their worst, I hurt ALL the time, just worse after defecation. And the pain ranged from cutting type pain to a stabbing feeling to a dull ache. The pain was between a 7-9 with no pain killers (15 mg of Meloxicam brought it down to a 6/7).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.