Is it hiatal hernia?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi to everyone. My name is Kosta and I am wondering can all of my symptoms be hiatal hernia related? It all started 7-8 months ago  with some pain below my ribs both sides(by "below" I mean next to my ribs both sides of diaphragm)- once, twice weekly. That pain occurring more frequently, than becomes on a daily basis and  move in my chest (dull pains for few seconds in the ribs, in chest and under my armpits) and also in my neck. That was 4 months ago. Before two months i started to burp a lot, rearly with acids. I cut the spicy food, alcohol and coffee. I am on Zantac but it does not help a lot with the burping. Recently I got chest bone pain, pain in my heels, and I feel lightheaded after meal. Last four monthes I had 4 blood tesst, 3 urine tests, UCG, X-ray on my chest, abdominal ultrasound(stone in my kidney) I am waiting for endoscopy and barium meal X-ray, stool test, saliva swab-all negative. I want to apoligise for the spelling and thanks for your help in advance. I would like  to ask you are these all could be related with hiatal hernia?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Kosta, these can be related to the pain you are having. There are other medications that work better than the one you are taking.

I had the haital hernia 4 months ago and no longer have to take the medicines. The surgeons name is Dr Ralph Aye in Seattle and he has done many of these surgeries and that is very important.

Best to you,

Jo

• Posted

Thank you fellows for your support. The most bizzare pain is that one in my heels and I googled it many times and I couldnot find some disease related to that pain along with the others.

Thanks

• Posted

I have ven having a dill pain on my left mid abdomen for almost a year and after EKG, blood work from A to Z. Urinal test, CT scans nothing wrong I had an endoscopy on May 6 it show I have a sliding hiatal hernia so I'm seeing my doctor today to see if that related. Last week I begin experience chest pain, burp , nausea in the morning and horrible. I'm here at the doctor I'm gonna request an MRI of my abdomen and see what is the pain from. I'll post later
    • Posted

Those are gigs of acid reflux, ask the how large the hiatal hernia is?, mine was 8cm , I had the hh surgery.
    • Posted

It doesn't say just minimal sliding hiatal hernia
  • Posted

Hi Kosta, sadly this does seem to be consistent with the symtoms I have experienced. I was diagnosed  with my hiatus hernia during an endoscopy, I was told it was only small but nothing else seems to explain why I have all of the above.  Good luck with everthng and I hope that being part of this forum helps., at least you know your not alone.

• Posted

I had pain below my left breast- so went to the doctor and told him that I thought that I was having a heart attack.   He knew that I had a small hiatal hernia (he thought it was small at the time).   But tests revealed a very large one.   I had surgery on December 22nd.   I am still having stomach problems.   In fact, I called my regular doctor this morning and will be seeing him next Wednesday.   Want to find out what more can be done about my eating problem.   Sometimes I can eat some foods-- and, other times, it doesn't stay down.   I am very frustrated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.