Trying to stay calm with this newly diagnosis of BP, whay can i do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

On Wednesday 6/15 the day of my baby boy Graduation I woke up with a little eye irritation, I had strongly believed it was the eye make up I was wearing lately since a new hair -do was in play. Later that day I had taken a group of 5th graders to the Newseum for a field trip as we stopped to eat in the food court it felt like my lips were swelling, so I immediately ranned to the restroom to check and my lips which by the way still looked normal. I also felt some tightness on the right side of my face. Later, conversing with a Co-worker she ask why is your eye twitching like that, " I don't know", I replied.

I prepared my son for his graduation and went to give him a kiss and my lips were slightly turned to the left. I knew my next stop needed to be the ER but, I waited til the next morning. Thursday6/16 the day if my other son Graduation I woke up could not blink or smile either so GW Hospital I went. I was diagnosed with this BP , which is a very Eerie feeling. Single parent of 3 Boys and a little lady, I have to remain calm. I tried driving but, I can't due to my eye irritation.. Any relief Ideas please share

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hot towel on your face helps with blood flow, soft massages (anything too rough can damage your nerves), and losts of rest. Also make sure you take anti-virals and steroids. Drink plenty of water, rest a lot in a dark room. Also get some visine for your eye (you may have to tape it shut at night. I hope this helps.
  • Posted

Were you prescribed steroids?  Use eye drops and wear an eye patch at night to protect the cornea.  Try to relax and wait it out.  I wouldn't do any massaging.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.