I have severe PCOS and believe I may be pregnant. Is it possible?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My name is Alice, Ali for short, I am 18 years old, and was first diagnosed with PCOS when I was 13-14. I had blood tests and an ultrasound to observe my ovaries.

My ovaries were compared to "a bunch of grapes" or at least one of them was. I have been on the Depo Injection dor almost two years and have only been overdue for my jab once, about two weeks ago.

Two days after my injection, which was two weeks late, I had unprotected intercourse with a former partner of mine. Which did result in him 'You know' inside... rolleyes sorry embarresed.

Now along with my PCOS, as far as I am aware, my former partner is believed to have a low sperm count, however he already has a child. ( He is a little older than me) And my main question is how likely is it that I am pregnant? Because my mother has pcos and my father has low sperm count and they concieved me when my mom was on the pill also.

Despite it only being about 2 weeks since the incident I have started developing nauesia and fatigue as well as lower abdominal cramps.

However I am unable to calculate my last cycle as I have not had one for a year, due to my pcos and the depo injection.

So what I'm asking is, Please Help! rolleyes

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

also I have had increased discharge, headaches and my breasts are quite sore, if anyone has some insight please help me, because while i would be happy if I'm pregnant, I'm also terrified.
  • Posted

Hi Alice,  I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 21 had failed fertility  treatment clomid and injections At 24 I concieved naturally and had my daughter. Im 48 now so YES x
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. I have done two tests and i am not pregnant. thanks anyway. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.