Best health insurance cover?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good Morning Folks

My mother who is in her mid 70s is diabetic.  I am trying to get some sort of heath cover in place for her and found out that a lot of companies do not take on customers who have a pre-existing condition such as diabetes.

Has anyone else had that problem?

Do any companies insure diabetic individuals? 

Thanks in advance for your responses.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Where are you located? I know you do have to most likely pay a premium for age/diagnosis.
  • Posted

Hi Geek, are you in the US or UK? If you're in the US, you shoukd be able to purchase insurance based on your mom's income. You'd have to go to your state's insurance site. In California, it's the "covercalifornia" site. 

If if you try to buy directly from the insurance companies, they will totally price gouge you, which is illegal, I've been told, but they do it anyway.

• Posted

Hi Folks

Many thanks for your replies.

I am based in the UK - Wolverhampton, West Midlands.

• Posted

is the health cover for travel insurance? 

aa

• Posted

Good morning

I plan to take ourt health cover for general day to day living.

• Posted

This might be a daft question but what's wrong with the NHS? 

aa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.