Is this heat rash?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been in Greece since Wednesday (it's now Saturday) and yesterday I developed a rash from my thighs all the way to my feet. It's not sore and it does not itch or burn. It looks like lots of red freckles, I'm covered!! I've been applying sun cream religiously but I have fallen asleep in the sun. What could this be? I'm not in pain it's just so horrible looming especially when I want to wear shorts etc and get a tan! - please help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Maybe your allergic to something you have eaten or have been wearing, I sometimes get a rash all over my stomach but its a sweat rash and is very itchy and takes days to go away,since the rash is from your thighs down i think maybe trousers you have worn, the material there made from has caused a allergic reaction, or if you have worn tights or leggings maybe, as im not a Doctor cant think what else it could be, hope it goes away soon whatever it is and doesnt spoil your holiday too much, best of luck and if you find out what it is then please email and let me know as im interested to find out what it could be, if you dont mind that is. thanks x Anne.
  • Posted

Try applying cortisone cream from drugstore. It's a steroid and should give you relief.

• Posted

ellie2098, I have a little rash on my left foot around the toe area and just a little bit upon my foot on top and it doesn't itch or it's not sore either, but I too would like to know what mine is just have never thought about it when I would go to the doctor for something else I guess due to the fact it doesn't itch. Keep us updated if you do find out what is causing this on you and maybe some of us old folks could try your remedy ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.