Scar treatment 4 weeks post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

Did you apply anything on your scar at about 4 weeks post-op? I was told by my Dr that at this point, I should stop the neosporin and light dressing and just leave it open because the incision has closed. I forgot to ask how to treat the scar. Is aloe vera effective?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I just massagd Bio oil in and gently massage to break down

the scar tissue.

• Posted

Thanks. How soon did you apply it? After you stopped putting a dressing on it?
    • Posted

I had my dressing removed at 2.5 weeks and surgeon said

to wait another week then use the oil.

• Posted

I used Scar gaurd on my prior surgery. And I went out and got more for the bunion surgery. I think it works amazing. U can try Vit E, but this stuff has better properties to work with the skin to minimize a scar.
    • Posted

Thanks. How soon did you apply it? After you stopped putting a dressing on it? After removal of stitches?
    • Posted

No bandage change. I still have my bandages on from my bunion surgery. But after sutures or steri strips are gone u can apply. It lasts a very long time. I was advised to use it for a year. And the scar is barely visible. It stinks but it works. Once applied the smell is gone. U brush on a thin layer.
    • Posted

Hi,

where did you get the scar guard? I have had both feet done at the same time, staples have been removed just have steri strips and dressing. I see the physio next week I am sure they will tell me if its ok to start using anything on the scars .

• Posted

I got from a surgeon. But I know u can buy off amazon or eBay? Google the name ther might be a site for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.